[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Chicago a meme now? Or is it just a couple of fatass Chicago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: th (1).jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
17KB, 300x225px
Is Chicago a meme now? Or is it just a couple of fatass Chicago cunts that keep making threads
>>
>>8661102
Chicago is a weird place. The city is full of good places to eat, but the locals tell you you HAVE to get awful shit like hot dogs, Italian Beef sandwiches and the local takes on pizza. Avoid that shit and just go to one of the city's many good restaurants and you'll eat well there.
>>
>>8661118
This. I live in Indiana about an hour and a half from Chicago so I go there all the time when I want to treat the gf to a nice date. Everyone there tells me these places to get the "best" Italian food or pizza but when I get there it's just a disgusting slab of grease and shit.

People from Chicago act like they're so much more cultured than simple country yokels but then they eat the same garbage I eat back in rural Indiana, but greasier. So I stopped listening to them and just started looking at Yelp before I go there.
>>
>>8661229
I get it though. Hot dogs and big greasy beef sandwiches were exciting to people who lived through the Great Depression. Pizza with as much cheese piled on it as humanly possible was exciting to someone who lived through war rationing. But that shit was well over half a century ago. There are much better things to eat in Chicago now. But these mediocre at best dishes hang on as part of the city's identity, dragging down the reputation of an otherwise good food town.

To a lesser degree Cincinnati has the same problem. It's actually become an OK place to eat over the last decade or so, but the town's association with a Skyline 3-way still makes it a joke.
>>
>>8661306
I mean I think it's kinda great they have them. For lots of people, I think they remember being taken to those sorts of places when they were kids by their working-class parents so there's nostalgia attached to it. There's nothing wrong with joints like that. Hell, my favorite restaurant in my home town is this shitty run down diner owned by this Greek guy. They serve generic greasy diner food, but I love it. But I sure as hell wouldn't recommend it as a good place to eat to someone from out of town.

Places like that are for the locals. It's great that the locals enjoy them, but they need to stop recommending them because nobody besides people in Chicago think a pie made out of fucking cheese and marinara sauce is good, and nobody besides people from Cincinnati think spaghetti with chili is good
>>
>>8661118
>>8661229
>>8661306
>>8661320
Proof positive that Chicago is a meme.
Fuckin' yikes, imagine being one of the redditors posting paragraphs of this nonce-sense.
>>
File: 1418239133674.png (801KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1418239133674.png
801KB, 800x800px
>>8661325
>>
>>8661102
Ignore the poor, use yelp and other restaurant review sites to pick out a nice place to eat.

>Aliena
>42 Grams
>Band of Bohemia
>>
>>8661320
>But I sure as hell wouldn't recommend it as a good place to eat to someone from out of town.
There's nothing wrong with recommending these kind of places to visitors. But recommend some places that are more in step with the times as well. When someone goes to NYC I recommend a hot dog at Papaya King for a cheap taste of the city half a century ago. But I'd also suggest a few amazing fine dining places, some good casual ones and a handful of immigrant hole in the wall joints with fantastic food. Chicago has those kind of places, too, but the locals never crow about them. It's like they want you to say how much you loved Italian beef because deep down in their hearts the KNOW it isn't really that good.
>>
>>8661325

>nonce-sense
>having the audacity to call others a redditor

holy fuck, choke and die on a log of shit
>>
>>8661358
this
>>
>>8661325
Amen brother
>>
>>8661229
>Indiana resident complaining about good taste
nigger I've dined all over northern Indiana, the best thing you retards have is Culver's and that's from Wisconsin
>>
>>8661490
I've also traveled all over the world. The food people from Chicago recommend is shit tier and is no better than the shit we have in Indiana. Stop thinking that you're so much better than the people you spit upon. Indiana is nothing but boring Americanized German food and Chicago is nothing but greasy Americanized wop food.

Yeah, Chicago has good restaurants, but someone from out of town would never know because the locals just recommend the disgusting shit-tier street food
>>
File: 1381716806902.jpg (16KB, 412x445px) Image search: [Google]
1381716806902.jpg
16KB, 412x445px
fuck that nignog infested shithole city.
>>
>>8661490
>Culver's
>good

pick none
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.