[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/, how do you roll out fresh spaghetti without a machine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cancer.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
/ck/, how do you roll out fresh spaghetti without a machine? I've googled it many times and all I get are guides for brain-dead millenials on how to cook dried spaghetti and a tagliatelle tutorial that uses spaghetti as clickbait for people who only know about one type of pasta. Please teach me how to cylinder.
>>
>>8657590

You don't make spaghetti without a machine.

You can make flat pasta instead; you cut it with a knife or with guitalla (I might be spelling that wrong--it's a series of metal wires like guitar strings, you force a flat sheet of pasta through them and the wires cut it into strips).
>>
>>8657590
spaghetti is better al dente, which is impossible to do with fresh pasta. there are plenty of high quality dried pasta brands in every grocery store, including Barilla, which is what most people in Italy use. Stop being pretentious, or if you're going to be, at least be able to afford it.
>>
>>8657602
If it's not possible, I guess I can settle for extra-thin flat pasta. thanks.
>>
>>8657602
Of course you can, make filo pastry thick flat pasta then roll it
>>
>>8657606
mate please don't be a cunt. i like rolling pasta and don't look down on people who use a machine.
>>
>>8657616
The rest of my post still stands. Fresh pasta is not always the best choice, depending on the type of pasta you're making. Tortellini, lasagna, ravioli, and tagliatelle are all better fresh, but things like penne, spaghetti, and fettucine are all better dried, so they can be prepared al dente and soak up the sauce.
>>
>>8657627
Not OP, but your post doesn't stand at all. OP asked about rolling out fresh spaghetti- you called him pretentious and said to buy dried pasta. Nothing you have said has been helpful at all. Typical ck sperglord.
>>
>>8657639
Fresh spaghetti is a dumb fucking concept. If you want fresh pasta, choose a type of pasta that works better fresh. It's not a difficult concept. Fresh is not inherently better or worse than dried pasta; it's only better or worse in relation to specific types of pasta. Anyone thinks otherwise is a dumb cunt.
>>
Just do this with your pasta dough, boil it and make it soggy as fuck and saturated and put your spaghetti sauce on top of the mushy fresh noodles.

https://youtu.be/lhMifsiJMpQ
>>
>>8657660
Okay, so it doesn't actually matter what you think. OP asked for advice on a specific issue. I'm failing to understand how you calling him "pretentious" or a "dumb cunt" is helpful. Just go back to b.
>>
>>8657660
>i don't know how but i'll pretend i do
don't forget to google it right after i call you out here so you can pretend you know a fucking thing
>>
>>8657590
The closest thing I've seen to hand made spaghetti is bigoli. Back when Batali wasn't such a pop star faggot and just doing Molto Mario on Food Network, he showed how to hand roll it. He got it pretty thin, but not like spaghetti. I've thought about trying to push it through my meat grinder's really small die without the blade in. That might work.

I just use my hand crank for tagliatelle when I want fresh strand pasta.
>>
>>8657590
Rather than roll out the dough with a machine like he does, couldn't you roll it out with a pin then cut it the same way he does the angel hair/taglierini (3.06) with your desired thickness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1teUhznIYeU
>>
>>8657678
I've been on this board for 6 years, shitdick.
>>8657680
Nobody has yet to say a single thing that refutes my point. Spaghetti is better when it's al dente, and pasta can only be al dente when it's dried. If OP wants to make pasta, why doesn't he make any of the number of types of pasta that are both easy to do by hand and lend themselves better to being cooked fresh?
>>
>>8657590
There is a reason you don't see stuff on how to make fresh hand made spaghetti. Nobody wants it. Nobody does it. You use dry spaghetti and cook it al dente how it should be. If you make fresh spaghetti it will be mushy and soggy and falling apart and gross. You will only find flat pasta like fettuccine or they will show you semi-thin versions but cut to shorter lengths so they don't just fall apart like spaghetti would at 12 inches long.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.