[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the last thing you would eat before going on an intensely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9583-1200x800.jpg (172KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9583-1200x800.jpg
172KB, 1200x800px
What's the last thing you would eat before going on an intensely strict diet for 2-3 months with no cheat days? Looking for ideas.

But, I'm not looking to hit up a buffet and pack on extra lbs, just ideas of something you'd miss when dieting. Also cutting out booze.
>>
File: 250px-McD-McChicken.jpg (12KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
250px-McD-McChicken.jpg
12KB, 250x145px
>>8657285
Get drunk and eat a sack of McChickens
>>
What do you mean? Why are you cutting out food you like to eat when you can just, you know, eat less? When I'm dieting, I still eat pizza, burgers, pasta, etc, literally whatever I want, I just keep track of how many calories I'm eating. Instead of eating an entire pizza I eat two pieces and maybe a salad if I'm really hungry, and save the rest for another meal.
>>
I would rather have a cheat day once a week and eat what I like. You can easily do that when you're still counting calories and don't binge 5000kcal like some ppl do.
>>
Eat a shit load of cheeseburgers. I'm American so it's typical and idgaf.
OBESED
B
E
S
E
D
>>
File: 1397702858850.jpg (19KB, 287x480px) Image search: [Google]
1397702858850.jpg
19KB, 287x480px
>>8657314
>cheat day
>>
>>8657307
I'm cutting down to 1200 calories a day or less, optimally 1000 or less. Some of these days I'll be able to accommodate some of those dishes, but for the most part, I feel most comfortable being able to eat a lot of lower calorie food for one meal as opposed to having one tiny burger, or a slice of pizza, or whatever.

>>8657314
Cheat days always knock me completely off course of my goal. As long as I set a goal, I'm very good with my willpower, but the moment I stray off course with excuses of why I can cheat in the moment. Then all of the excuses build up and it just becomes giving up on the diet.

I've done this before to great success. I know it's not the best method - but a lot of it is in tandem with alcohol and getting it out of my system.
>>
>>8657285
>i want to intensely cheat on my diet the day before starting
You already failed.
>>
>>8657340
>I feel most comfortable being able to eat a lot of lower calorie food for one meal
That worked for me. Also the concept of a cheat day was too much for me. Way too easy to overdo it if you make an entire day for "cheating". For me what worked was allowing myself a cheat meal or two during the week.
>>
>>8657352

I already said I don't want to cheat, or hit up a buffet. Not looking to gorge on 3,000 calories, just looking for /ck/'s thoughts on one tasty item they'd go to if there was a gap from having it for a while.
>>
>>8657354

Unfortunately that also doesn't work for me. Next thing I know, one or two cheat meals turns into three, or suddenly someone invites me out for a nice dinner and it turns into four, and then I've defeated the purpose of being on the diet anyways, so I go all out.
>>
>>8657375
If you're going to be avoiding calorie dense foods then that's what you're going to miss. My kryptonite in that area is cheese, charcuterie and smoked fish. So if I were in your position I'd pick some of that stuff up with a loaf of good bread and a bottle (or two) of wine and have at it.
>>
>>8657378
I went much less strict than you, so the 65lbs I lost came off over the period of a year and a half, and the "diet" just became my normal pattern of eating, and the cheat meals became once or twice a week indulgences.
>>
>>8657410

That's definitely smart, and my ultimate goal coming out of this diet, so I don't have to do the diet anymore. I kind of need a shock to my routine, though.

In my mind, it's much easier to come out of a diet after you've lost weight, with a plan to maintain it, than it is to ratchet down your behavior to a maintainable fashion, and hope you'll gradually lose the weight.
>>
>>8657432
I did it in conjunction with working out, so my progress was not just slow, the first few months were fucking miserable. But over time it got less and less miserable. And once I lost the weight it was easier to keep it off because I was in a regular rhythm of working out and not being fat anymore meant I wasn't nearly as hungry as I used to be, That's really the vicious thing about it. When you're fat you're fucking hungry all the time. When you get trim you' don't get nearly as hungry.
>>
Join the military and go on a year deployment. You'll learn what you crave when you can't have it for almost a year except a 2 week time at 4-9 months of not having it. Well..as long as you choose a mans MOS and not some gay shit where you live on the main FOB with giant DFAC and unlimited food.
>>
>>8657285
Chinese food. God I missed it so fucking much last year. I did well with burgers because I can cook one that doesn't break my diet
>>
>>8657285
Hot wings nigga. And fries.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.