[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/. I want to start smoking meat. Ife seen people smoke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0390.png (56KB, 360x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0390.png
56KB, 360x310px
Hey /ck/. I want to start smoking meat. Ife seen people smoke meat in a regular kettle grill and it comes out great.

But what is The best and most authentic?
>>
File: img20l-300x300.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img20l-300x300.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>8648510
Best and most authentic what?
Way of smoking meat or type of smoker?

Most authentic way of smoking meat is with chunks hickory or cherry or oak or... There are many tasty woods.
Sometimes lump charcoal is better especially if using a kettle like your pic.
Last resort is wood chips, usually reserved for meme smoking like when Bobby Flay or someone is in a kitchen without a large smoker and they want to "infuse" smoke flavor.
>>
>>8648557

Smoker.
>>
File: Kerres-JS-2850.jpg (16KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kerres-JS-2850.jpg
16KB, 350x350px
As for method, can you afford one of these?
>>
File: smker__14___800x600_.jpg (117KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
smker__14___800x600_.jpg
117KB, 800x533px
Or one of these?
>>
File: 4_smoke_belching_green_egg.jpg (308KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
4_smoke_belching_green_egg.jpg
308KB, 800x600px
The big Green egg is a good choice, can be expensive though if not on sale.
>>
>>8648568

Heard temps are uneven in those things
>>
>>8648571
You can build one out of a flower pot for one tenth the cost
>>
You're still getting authentic smoke from using the as pictured in your post. I continue to use that method as to have easier access to both wood chips/chunks, coals, water pan, and meat.
>>
Best shit to smoke? My dad has a smoker he never uses and I'm visiting in a few weeks. Any ideas?
>>
>>8649437
How much time do you have? Pork ribs are my go to. Also what kind of wood will you be using?
>>
>>8649444
Apparently he has cherry and oak flavored wood. About a week, so plenty of time
>>
>>8649452
Oak is a flavor for Pork. Nothing like experimenting with recipes, rubs, sauces. You can always go with what sounds good to you. Try a combination of wood in the mix. Fruit wood combos of a mixture comes out heavily.
>>
>>8648510
if you don't want to drop 500+ on smoker you can find a decent vertical smoker for around 200.
i just did that and it turned out awesome. i got the lowest end model from the company i chose. no propane burners, just charcoal and it didnt have an offset firebox. just a small charcoal box in the bottom and a wood tray above it. it has four 25lb racks. i did a brisket flat that was around 8.5 lbs before cooking. took 9 hours and came out fucking awesome.
do some research. i used to use my kettle for shoulders as large as 8 lbs, but it's a bitch to maintain a proper temp because of twisting the grate to avoid direct heat. it wasn't a smoker/grill. just a standard kettle.
i hope you figure out what's best for you because smoking meat for my family brings me a lot of joy. plus... fucking bbq, dude.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.