[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make vodka sauce? Does vodka really bring out flavors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: dsc_6304.jpg (1017KB, 2725x2747px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_6304.jpg
1017KB, 2725x2747px
How do I make vodka sauce? Does vodka really bring out flavors from tomatoes that otherwise wouldn't be present?
>>
It makes them taste like vodka
>>
>>8646595
You put vodka in the sauce. That's how you make it.
>>
Vodka prevents the milk from curdling
>>
Alcohol makes soluble some flavors that are insoluble in water. This is why red sauce often has wine in it and vodka sauce is particularly tomato. And as some kind anons said, is a good emulsifier
>>
>>8646595
>Does vodka really bring out flavors from tomatoes that otherwise wouldn't be present?
No.
>>
>>8646595
>https://youtu.be/OMJvrjWEjC0
>>
>>8646595
yes, but to me it enhances the flavor of the parm most. turning it from the fatty/cheesy taste of parm to the sharp/aged taste of parm, if you get what i mean.
>>
>>8648668
This. The alcohol cooking off neutralizes some of the acid in the tomatoes so the cream doesn't curdle when you pour it in. That's the purpose of the vodka.
>>
>>8649248
No. That's dumb. There's plenty of uncurdled tomato cream sauces without alcohol in it.
>>8649073
You're dumb too.
>>
>>8649280
There's no alcohol in vodka sauce. It's the act of the alcohol burning off that neutralizes the acid. But not burning off all the alcohol is the trick. The last little bit emulsifies the sauces and amplifies the tomato flavor.
>>
>>8649391
>no alcohol
meant to say "almost no alcohol"
>>
>>8646595
The alcohol molecule bears some resemblance to a sugar molecule, and indeed it has a slightly sweet taste. At high concentrations, those typical of distilled spirits and even some strong wines, alcohol is irritating, and produces a pungent, "hot" sensation in the mouth, as well as in the nose. Its chemical compatibility with other aroma compounds means that concentrated alcohol tends to bind aromas in foods and drinks and inhibit their release into the air.

But at very low concentrations, around 1% or less, alcohol actually enhances the release of fruity esters and other aroma molecules into the air.
>>
>>8649470
Nice copypasta.
>>
>>8649478

He's not lying though. For example, glucose has five alcohol groups.
>>
>>8649598
The info is correct, but I like to see better posts than a quick google search and ctrl-c, ctrl-v.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.