[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I live off canned food and ramen with some rice and maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: canned-foods.jpg (74KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
canned-foods.jpg
74KB, 425x282px
Can I live off canned food and ramen with some rice and maybe potatoes, or will I die?
>>
>>8637861
You'll be fine
>>
You'll be fine, just don't add salt, canned food is usually very high in sodium.

Why, did you find a cache of tins?
>>
>>8638014
No I'm just a poorfag who lost his job recently and I was given a bunch of canned shit by family.
>>
>>8638049
You'll be fine. Frozen veggies can be a good option too. A kilo of frozen veggies is like $1.50 or $2 at most. You can eat for a week with $10 if you buy rice, dried legumes (beans, lentils, chick peas stuff like that) and frozen veggies. Get yourself some curry powder for flavour too. $3 packet of curry powder for 2 weeks of not-bland tasting food is worth it.
>>
>>8637861
Dutch? Is that you?
>>
>>8638065
Thank you very much for the advice, anon. I appreciate it a lot.

>>8638227
Nope, no idea who that is.
>>
>>8637861
You will die.. eventually... no matter what you eat.
>>
>>8638619
Th-thanks.
>>
Rice, you can never go wrong with rice and it goes well with veggies which also happen to be cheap. Rice and tayters should fill you up nicely.

Make sure to get things to flavor the rice so you feel better about your depression.
>>
I've lived off ramen as a stample for two months and I didn't die, I wasn't in the best of health, and I was also adding leafy greens and eggs to the ramen.

>>8638014
>canned food is usually very high in sodium.
Depends on the canned good. I have a lot of canned tomatoes with zero salt added, they did add citric acid:

Unico: Tomatoes No Salt Added
796mL for $1.29
vine ripened tomatoes, tomato juice, calcium chloride, citric acid

Salt is present in larger quantities in prepared meals with meat - but I think it's for taste, restaurants, even those that aren't fastfood, have been found to have a lot of salt in their dishes. The thing to also to watch out for is trans-fat, which is used to hold the dish together, for flavouring, and as a preservative.

e.g.:

Bauxters Chicken & Vegetable Soup:
540mL at $2.49
chicken broth, carrots, onions, navy beans, chicken, green peas, potatoes, swede, green beans, cauliflower, parsnip, corn, corn starch, celery, modified corn starch, autolyzed yeast extract, salt, chicken fat, dehydrated onions, dehydrated parsley, spice extracts, spice, onion powder
- Every 250mL has Sodium 630mg, Daily 26%
540/250 = 2.16
630mg x 2.16 = 1360.8mg / 1.3608g of salt
26 x 2.16 = 56.16% of your daily recommended dose of sodium intake

Primo's Roast Chicken Soup, which I brought for $1.99 at the same size, has less sodium at 580mL per 250mL, but it's full of trans fat:
Water, Carrots, Noodles, (Durum Wheat Semolina, Egg Whites Powder), Seasoned Chicken, (Chicken White Meat, Water, Modified, Corn Starch, Salt, Sodium Phosphate), Red Bell Peppers, Modified Corn Starch, Roasted White Chicken Meat (White Chicken, Water, Salt, Sodium Phosphates), Chicken Fat, Sea Salt, Potassium Chloride, Yeast Extract, Seasoning. Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy And Wheat Protein, Chicken Broth, Salt, Chicken Flavour, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spice, Beta-Carotene, Dehydrated Parsley, Natural Flavour

...I think Salt > Transfat overtime, just drink more water.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.