[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much do you guys tip pizza delivery? my delivery driver was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 14

how much do you guys tip pizza delivery? my delivery driver was good looking and asked about my day, so i tipped her $3 on a $12 order.
>>
>>8636651
I tip $10 because I feel bad for them
>>
I have too many anxiety issues to deal with delivery, so I just get drunk and take a couple klonopins and drive to the place. By the time I'm there things just seem to sort them out for themselves, and it seems like a real miracle when I get back home and have food to boot.
>>
>>8636674
You could drink and take pills AND have your shit delivered and it'd be the same, right?
>>
I don't get shit delivered because

>don't tip for that
>never know if food will arrive only that it will arrive late or never
>might not be what you ordered
>pay regular price

I order Papa johns online and ALWAYS use 40% off promo code. Leave immediately after. By the time I get there it's done or close to done. Get back with fresh correct order and ready to eat.
>>
>>8636669
it always depresses me seeing deliver drivers older than 30
>>
>>8636708
what code
>>
>>8636718

Just google Papa Johns Promo Code.

You'll see the first five to ten links are basically promo code websites and they always have current promo codes to enter when ordering online.

The 40% ones are always available pretty much. Sometimes when I have the patience I hunt down a 50% off one and can find it. Sometimes they're not working.

Here is an example. I just used one like 5 hours ago to order a large pizza. With tax a large pepperoni came out to like $9.50.

https://www.retailmenot.com/view/papajohns.com
>>
I don't tip as I live in a first world country
>>
I always tip 20% no matter what. If the service was shit they'll hear about it in the survey. Can't tell you how many free pizzas I've gotten from surveys.
>>
>>8636651
I tip a couple bucks if they're good. If it's a bigass order(talking like 80 bucks) I'll throw 'em ten bucks if they're good. If the food is wrong, if something is missing, if they're crazy late and didn't give me a heads up nada. I work as a delivery guy myself and this shit aint that hard.
>>
I delivered pizza's for about 4 years, as a general rule of thumb, 1 or less was shit, 2-3 was average and 5 was good, but it really depended on how much the order was. If I got 5 bucks on a $100 order, I would definitely not be happy about that.
>>
>>8636689
no it wouldn't
some of you guys are ok, don't drive tonight
>>
Order dominoes about once every 2 weeks on average. Always tip 3 bucks no matter the order and don't have to go pick it up.

Now know most of drivers and my pizza comes quickly, hot, and correct every time.
>in b4 no spit/sneeze/jizz my pizza
>in b4 no tip cuz muh principals
These people work hard. And know where you live. Treat them right, they'll treat u right. If you're too poor to tip then don't expect amazing service on future orders.
>>
>>8636780

I got a question dude, I'll ask you because you do this.

A serious question. Let's say I don't order delivery plain and simple because I don't like to tip. Would a delivery guy rather me not order at all or give him like a 1-2 dollar tip?.

I mean I wonder if as a delivery person you'd still appreciate your job if it weren't for tips. What if everyone decided to not order because they don't like to tip, then delivery guys would have to find other work right? or no.
>>
>>8636651
I was going to say i would give her the tip but then i opened the image and realised thats a tranny, so i should say i would give HIM the tip.
>>
>>8636651
Usually just a couple of bucks.

>>8636669
>$10
The only way I'd tip that much is if I ordered like $50 of food and the weather outside is super shitty.
>>
>>8636651
Nothing, here in first world country those on minimal wage are not forced to beg for tips. Their minimal wage lets them survive.
>>
>>8636717
it pays decent if you're not a retard. i was clearing 900 a week in tips last time i did delivery.
>>
>>8636801
>The only way I'd tip that much is if I ordered like $50 of food and the weather outside is super shitty.
I have plenty of disposable income and it makes me feel somewhat better to throw these people extra cash they're not used to seeing
>>
File: 1426196818194.jpg (76KB, 349x356px) Image search: [Google]
1426196818194.jpg
76KB, 349x356px
>>8636849

As a driver i can tell you that $10 tips are more common than you'd think and i always laugh to myself about how much of a dumb fuck the customer is because he thinks he's showing me some great stroke of pity.

Thanks for your hard earned tenner, chump.
>>
>>8636651
I tip everybody 20%.
>>
>tipping someone for simply doing their job

Americans are retarded
>>
>>8636780
why does the size of the order even matter? it's not like it's that much more work to carry 3 expensive pizzas from your car to the door than one cheap one. if it were up to me I would tip based on distance. the closest papa johns to me is a 5 minute walk, but sometimes I get delivery anyway because of laziness. I feel like that's only worth change, but I end up giving $2 anyway because I'm afraid the driver won't understand how much he's being overpaid and spit in my pizza. this is on top of the $3 delivery fee which I don't even understand why I have to pay.
>>
>>8636873

Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded.

Who the fuck is racking up $100 on 3 pizzas? Pizza chains today have deals that make it to where you can get 10 pizzas for less than $100. That's a fair amount of food to haul to your lazy fat ass.
>>
>>8636795

Not that guy, but personally, i'd prefer you to just go pick it up. On a typical night, i deliver to plenty of great tippers that won't make me miss the extra buck or two. Also, depending on how far out you are, i could easily spend more than that in gas just getting to you and back to the store.

Most people do this job as a side gig because it's extra money and there will always be people too lazy/drunk/disabled to go get their own food for me to worry about business drying up.

Good rule of thumb if you really don't feel like picking up your food, just ask how long the delivery time is when you call. If it's over 45 minutes, just go get it yourself. You'll have it faster and will lighten our load.
>>
>>8636880
so making 2 or 3 extra 20 step trips to your car is harder work than driving an extra 10-15 miles?
>>
I tip 10% but the price is like 20$/pizza here...
>>
>>8636651
Tipping isn't really considered a mandatory thing here, usually I just tell them to keep the change if its around 1-2€, but most of the time I dont tip unless people do an excelent job (which really isnt a thing in deliveries, the place I usually order from is a few blocks away from my house so being slow is almost impossible)

On sit down restaurants I tip if I'm with friends, as its easier to get a rough total when splitting that way, and when I dont get charged with stuff I have (a place near my house charges me 90cents for the wine I drink and just put the bottle on the table so I can take how much I want, if I just drink two or three glasses I dont tip, but situations happened where I finished the bottle so I left a couple euros)
>>
>>8636880
>Who the fuck is racking up $100 on 3 pizzas?
You're totally missing the point! You idiot!
nothimbytheway
>>
dominos driver AMA
>>
>>8636940
do you demand tips like a beggar?
>>
>>8636947
no if i dont get tipped i dont really mind. if the person was an asshole and didnt tip that just gives me a reason to not like them i guess even though they dont have to tip. im happy with any tip to be honest
>>
>>8636669
i get $10 tips randomly on my deliveries. i appreciate you man
>>
File: 1331415032829.jpg (22KB, 518x266px) Image search: [Google]
1331415032829.jpg
22KB, 518x266px
I tipped the dominos guy 55p yesterday because the rounding it up by donating to charity doesnt work if you pay by cash.
>>
I only tip if they're attractive females. Fugly men need not apply.
>>
>>8636651
I don't tip cause I'm fucking broke.
I also usually drive to pick up my pizza.
I don't tip the cooks when I carry out my pizza either.

Cause I'm fucking broke. If they wanted minimum wage without tips then they should have gotten a different job. The economy is strong enough for that shit in my are.
>>
File: 1488124238194.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488124238194.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>8636651
>tfw your order comes to an abnormal amount
>tfw the delivery guy always comes to door without change counted expecting you to round up and just give the excess as tip
>tfw awkward silence for 2 minutes as they count out change as slow as possible because they think youre a jerk
>tfw just broke like them
>>
>>8636973
if the economy is so strong you wouldnt be broke retard :)
>>
>>8636689
It's pasta, newfriend.
>>
>>8636651
0 because I'm not a tool of the jews
>>
Former Pizza Hut driver here:
>>8636651
$2-3 is standard. Anything more gets you great service. Anything less gets you shitty service. And yes, I will remember you.
>>8636837
>>8636865
These anons have never actually delivered pizzas.
>>8636873
>why does the size of the order even matter?
If you're ordering more than 5 pizzas + sides, then I have to break out another bag, which is going to increase the amount of time it takes to get that shit to you, and most likely decrease the quality. That being said, if you're going to order large amounts of pizza, just go pick it up.
>>8636965
Enjoy your cold pizza. Hot women delivery drivers don't exist.
>>8637006
Enjoy the 20 minutes late cold pizza, friendo.
>>
>>8636994

I noticed that when you pointed it out, but in his defense MAYBE he suffers from a more extreme form of broke and maybe the economy IS good in his area but he because of circumstances CAN'T get a better job or any job at all.

Pizza guys drive around a lot of times young that CAN better themselves.

What if that anon is like paralyzed or some shit and living off handouts and would take advantage but can't?.

I'm just saying, maybe he's a hypocrite but maybe not.
>>
Zero as I pay by credit card and don't live in America. I use to tip take away deliveries until I noticed been left short cans of coke and shit. It wasn't the place I ordered from left them out, the delivery driver was stealing them.
>>
>>8637014

>Anything more gets you great service. Anything less gets you shitty service

Out of curiosity how do you give someone "better service"?. Do you like go 55 mph down a street when it's 35 mpg speed limit?.

Also, how do you give someone "bad service"?.

Especially since I'm assuming you can't fuck over one delivery without fucking over deliveries that come after him. Can you choose to deliver some cheapfag's pizza's last in line?. What if it messes up your route?. Or do you like spit in his pizza and shit? or purposely shake it around to make the crust all fucked up?.

>Enjoy your cold pizza. Hot women delivery drivers don't exist.

I believe this, unless they're scouting for some faggot to rob.
>>
Do pizza places in America have that 30min thing where you get the pizza for free or is that TV bullshit?
>>
>>8637028

I also got to add ever since I read that story of the pizza guy getting lured to some spot and having some bomb put on his neck after he robbed a bank, I wouldn't want to consider it. That happened a while back and the world is even more fucked up now.
>>
>>8637028
>Out of curiosity how do you give someone "better service"?
Well, the system is designed to let me take what orders I want, in order to group places that are close to each other. I can tell the cooks to make yours earlier (and put more toppings, extra cheese, etc.) Throw in extra sauces (cheese sauce is a $1.19 for some tiny 3 oz cup) and potentially shit you didn't order (how'd that 20 oz of Pepsi get there?) and I'll make sure your food shows up hot, fresh, correct, and early.

On the other hand, no-tip niggers get pushed to the back of the line. I'll throw yours in with two others that are both on the other side of the delivery area and I'll get to them first. I'll forget napkins, those parmesan cheese and red pepper packets that every nig wants a gorillion of. I'll tell the kitchen to jew you out of ingredients. It'll get there (and your order will be correct). It'll just be 10-15 minutes late and kind of cold.
>>
>>8637031
>Do pizza places in America have that 30min thing where you get the pizza for free or is that TV bullshit?
They used to have that (especially for Dominoes), but got rid of it when some driver tried out running a train. That shit fell on the drivers, and I think someone sued.
>>
>>8637031
in the 80s a few places did that but now since most pizza places are so busy its hard to guarantee it so they stopped as far as i know
>>
>>8636873
Because more money spent on the order generally means more food, and if you start racking up 100$ orders, guess what bud. That means that order is going to take a while to get prepared and it's going out as a single to ensure it arrives still fresh and hot(assuming there's not a CRAZY rush and under-staffing going on).
>>
>>8637058

>but got rid of it when some driver tried out running a train

nigger what? story? article? link?. Sounds intresting. Did they die?.

>>8637031

I remember that shit from the original Ninja Turtles.
>>
>>8636965
What about cute fembois :3c
>>
>>8636973
Why...do you order pizza if you're broke? It costs extra, and you can usually make better pizza at home for the cost. There's a huge price hike from almost every joint except for MAYBE some local ones.
>>8637014
They might be, anon. There's a dominos in Hawaii that delivers to the Marine-core base and good FUCK do they make bank. 900 in a week if you work say...fri-sat-sun and whatever the two other busiest days are is not at all out of the range of possibilities.
>>
File: 1407818330930.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1407818330930.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>8637070
>There's a dominos in Hawaii that delivers to the Marine-core base
>tfw I know this wouldn't trigger me if my father wasn't a retired 21-year Gunny
It's "Marine Corps".
>>
>>8637014
>Anything less gets you shitty service. And yes, I will remember you.

Oh no the delivery boy will remember me.

Anything less than acceptable service gets you a call to your boss with a complaint.
>>
What will happen if i dont tip in america?
>>
>>8637057
So basically you'll steal from your employer for people who give tips?
>>
>>8637082

>Anything less than acceptable service gets you a call to your boss with a complaint.

You're crazy dude. I wouldn't be eager to fuck with a person who knows my home address. You don't know what's going on in their brain.

I'd just accept a failed order and never get delivered from there again.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (63KB, 332x499px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
63KB, 332x499px
>>8637079
>being this autistic about Army trivia
Why do Army kids always expect civilians to know all this stuff?
>>
>>8637089
Yeah I'm real worried about someone who's failed at life so hard they deliver pizzas and have to be passive aggressive to people because they didn't give them a few extra dollars they're not entitled too.
>>
>>8637098

Those are the people you need to be worried about the most. That's my opinion.

You keep fucking around with whoever you want though, I'm just trying to help you out.
>>
>>8637082
>Anything less than acceptable service gets you a call to your boss with a complaint.
Oh no you'll call my manager!

All he'll do is roll his eyes, give you your $10 credit, and go back to jerking off in the office.

>>8637088
>So basically you'll steal from your employer for people who give tips?
Yeah, but not large scale. We'd walk out all the time with free food for ourselves, but as long as you don't do whole cases of shit, you'd be fine.

>>8637093
This is bait, but I don't care. Fuck, I just assumed you weren't a burger since you didn't know how to spell one of the 4 main branches of the military.

>>8637098
>Yeah I'm real worried about someone who's failed at life so hard they deliver pizzas and have to be passive aggressive to people because they didn't give them a few extra dollars they're not entitled too.
In the grand scheme of things, for every no-tip nigger such as yourself, there's a nice old lady who throws me $10 for being prompt. Plus you're obviously retarded for implying that anyone who works minimum wage jobs is only doing it to survive.
>>
>>8637107
I agree with this guy
>>8637098
If you've never had a menial job, or met anyone with a menial job, you're either way too young to be posting on 4chan, or you're just fortunate enough to be completely out of touch with reality. Unless your parents are extremely rich chances are you worked some shitty job like that at some point in high school or university. So, no, a pizza delivery guy is not someone who 'failed at life', unless it is a career, which for most people it is not

Actually I just read a bit up in the thread and you're advocating for trying to get someone fired for not smiling broadly enough, so yeah you're out of touch.
>>
>>8637108
If you're doing a minimum wage job but don't need it to survive, you don't need the tips either.
>>
>>8637115
>you're advocating for trying to get someone fired for not smiling broadly enough

No. I said anything other than acceptable service and I'll call the store & complain. That is, not delivering cold food, or pizza that's been turned upside down or shook in the box, or showing up late.

I don't give a fuck if you smile or not. Shit I couldn't care if your dick is hanging out. Just do your God damn job.
>>
>>8637133
>No. I said anything other than acceptable service and I'll call the store & complain. That is, not delivering cold food, or pizza that's been turned upside down or shook in the box, or showing up late.

Ok, well maybe if you phrased it in a way that didn't sound like a petty obnoxious bitch, people wouldn't misunderstand you like what you see in this thread

You could just say "if there is a problem with my order I'll call the store", but you're doing this bizarre vendetta picking on minimum wage workers thing, which implies you'll try to get someone fired over something completely trivial
>>
>>8637128
>If you're doing a minimum wage job but don't need it to survive, you don't need the tips either.
So you're saying you like cold, late food because like I mentioned, my boss won't give any fucks if you call and complain.
PROTIP: If you're ordering pizza for delivery, you obviously have the extra $2 to give a driver.
>>
>>8637137
>I can't understand perfectly normal English and that's your fault.

I can see why you're working as a pizza delivery boy. Everything is someone elses fault, isn't it?

>vendetta picking on minimum wage workers

No I'm picking on entitled pricks who'll deliberately *not do the job they are paid for* (or even steal: >>8637057) depending on if they can extort a few extra dollars from someone else.
>>
>>8637142
>No I'm picking on entitled pricks who'll deliberately *not do the job they are paid for* (or even steal: >>8637057 (You)) depending on if they can extort a few extra dollars from someone else.
You forgot the part where there's nothing constructive you can actually do about it. :^)
>>
>>8637138
>If you're ordering pizza you obviously have more money than me and I am entitled to extort it from you.

If you're a shitty small pizza joint then sure, I can't do anything more than complain, and if the owner doesn't give a shit then fine: he doesn't give a shit. So I'll stop ordering shitty pizza from your place, and maybe tell everyone how terrible your place is.

If you're a chain (E.g. Dominoes) then I'm not beyond complaining to head office and dropping your stoner boss in it, too.
>>
Why don't American restaurants add a delivery charge or minimum amount for delivery, like everywhere else in the world?
>>
>>8637146
>there's nothing constructive you can actually do about it

Unless you are literally Bumfuck, NO. then you're not the only place in town.
>>
>>8637142
Oh I see, you're getting bad service for not paying for services rendered, and it's the only pizza place that will still deliver to you because you started petty "wars" with all the other ones in your neighborhood, and now it's some kind of minimum wage conspiracy against you, personally, the guy who stands up for just "workers doing the job they're paid for" all the while not actually paying people their due

>I can see why you're working as a pizza delivery boy
Predictable, but no, I'm a corporate drone, but when I was in school I had a few part time jobs like this and I know your type. You're eating a lot of spit, how does that feel?
>>
>>8637150
>If you're a chain (E.g. Dominoes) then I'm not beyond complaining to head office and dropping your stoner boss in it, too.
Oh no. I spend a week reapplying at the Pizza Hut across the street and lose almost nothing. Meanwhile, the Domino's hires another driver just like me, and you keep getting fucked on deliveries, all because you're being a Jew for $2. You don't win, all you get is to continue being mad.
>>
i dont ordner pizza because im not an underaged retard and can actually cook for myself
>>
>>8637159
>not paying for services rendered

I got a free pizza?

>>8637160
>>8637160
>war
>win

At what point did people decide that doing the job they are paid for is warfare? You poor entitled children. It' always someone elses fault, isn't it?
>>
File: 676.gif (546KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
676.gif
546KB, 255x255px
>>8637168
>being this mad
>over $2
I'd love to stay awake and feel your white hot rage through my computer monitor but I've got a shift tonight. But I'll know you're that no-tip nigger who doesn't say a word because I've already got your address memorized. Maybe if you save enough of those $2 you'll get some of those tendies we've got too!
>>
>>8637168
Yeah you got a free pizza once, because the manager doesn't want to deal with your bullshit, and from then on everyone working at the store knows your name, and whenever they are talking about work and need an example of "nightmare customer" they just say >>8637168 as shorthand

Your personality type is well known to people who have to take customer service calls, you think you're fighting some righteous battle but in reality you get instantly pigeonholed as "that annoying cunt with too much time on her hands".

At my current work customers like you get billed by the minute for every interaction (this is actually the official policy but in practice everyone else only gets billed for stuff that takes more than a quarter of an hour). We do this because someone figured out that all the wasted time on petty shitheads like you was taking up like half of the workload and generating only like 1/100th of the revenue.
>>
>>8637177
>I've got a shift tonight

Okay. I'm not a pizza delivery boy so I'll be sitting on my sofa drinking & watching beer while you deliver pizzas. I hope you have fun.
>>
>>8637182
>I hope you have fun.
I will. Delivering pizzas to smarter people than yourself, so I can walk out with $125 for the day plus a paycheck, all for 6 hours a few days a week. I've got my eye on that Bahamas cruise.
>>
>>8637182

>drinking

>watching beer

kek. wut.
>>
>>8637179
No, you implied that I didn't pay for "services rendered" by not tipping. You genuinely believe that the tip someone "pays" for having the pizza delivered.

I'm not your employer. I pay them. They pay you. You do the job, which is delivering pizza.

Also you seem to be getting very riled up at the concept of doing the job you are paid to do.

>expecting someone to do the job they are paid to do is petty

Okay.
>>
>>8637194
>he still thinks he's arguing with the pizza company
I've never worked for a pizza company, the only foodservice jobs I've had were dish washer in a cafeteria and cashier at a coffee shop, and both of those were over 20 years ago.

But I love how you're so far up your own ass you can't see that you're fucking yourself over picking fights with every business you interact with. And eating a lot of spit, too.
>>
>>8637189
Wow a whole $125 & your paycheck? What a life of luxury you live.
>>
>>8637194

Let me guess, you're the store manager of some target that gets a salary and spends about 2/3 of the night holding meaningless conversations and using your cell phone. If this is you kill yourself.

If you aren't working throughout your ENTIRE shift, you should have your wage docked.

If you do work EVERY SECOND of your shift then well, good for you, you're not a hypocrite.
>>
>>8637200
>picking fights with every business you interact with

I like how you've extracted that from your ass. Or that you think that expecting people to do what they're paid for is "picking a fight".

Do you want to know a secret? I actually *very rarely complain*, because most places offer a perfectly acceptable service. I can count, on one hand, the number of times I have complained in the past year (It was once. To my bank, about a business account, that I pay for.)

But it's okay, because you "know" the "type of person" I am. Anyone who complains is a cunt, right? Because why should you do your job? Fuck that, you should get paid for doing a shitty job. You're entitled to that money!
>>
>>8637204
>Let me guess

Okay. How many tries would you like? Your first one is wrong.

PROTIP: I am getting *paid right now* while posting on 4chan.
>>
>>8637211
>I can count, on one hand, the number of times I have complained in the past year

Probably because all the pizza shops in your neighborhood put a permaban on your address for not tipping, being abusive to their staff, and wasting the manager's time by calling and whining about how the pepperonis weren't symmetrical enough.

Because your kind are universal, and any profitable business will have figured out ways of dealing. Weeding out the customers who cost more in wasted resources than they are worth in revenue. When we added the "bill by the minute" policy for "special" customers, the retarded bullshit dropped precipitously. Seems to have worked on you, too, with the local delivery joints.

Enjoy your spit, I'm leaving for work now.
>>
>>8637214

>I am getting *paid right now* while posting on 4chan

Funny you should bring this up...

>you seem to be getting very riled up at the concept of doing the job you are paid to do

Obviously you're fucking off on the job, UNLESS you're going to convince me you are a (can't believe I'm seriously going to say this) a real life paid shill, that gets paid just to troll?.

Is that what you do?. If not then you will walk away from your job with something NOT DONE that you could have done but chose to fuck around on 4chan in order to ignore.
>>
Nothing, since I live in a first world country and the drivers are paid for doing their job.
>>
>>8637225
>Probably <some made up bullshit>

No. I haven't actually complained about a pizza delivery in years, and the last time I did it was because they delivered somebody else's order (which wasn't really a complaint, more a courtesy call to tell them because that meant the driver was on his way to deliver our order to somebody else who didn't want it).

>wasting the manager's time by calling and whining about how the pepperonis weren't symmetrical enough

But I wouldn't complain about that, because that would be silly. You seem incapable of understanding the concept of "acceptable". Here's a free tip: cold food is not acceptable...

>Enjoy your spit

...food that's been fucked with it not acceptable, and possibly even criminal, as it happens.

>Because your kind are universal

Yes, there are a lot of people who expect you to do your job. It's amazing how that works.
>>
>>8636651
In my country the minimum wage is $17.70 per hour or $672.70 per 38 hour week (before tax).
And we are still lucky if those fucking lazy ass kids still get our order right at any fast food restaurant, so we don't tip them.

Minimum wage in America needs to be increased because you shouldn't need to pay someone for doing their job that they get paid for.
>>
>>8637227
>Obviously you're fucking off on the job

Nope. My employer is 100% happy with my performance and I'll be receiving my 6 month bonus in my next salary payment.

I am salaried, work from home, and my performance is measured by results, not being at a desk 9-5. I can sit here and shitpost during the day because this morning I am not very busy, but I shall be busy this afternoon.
>>
>>8637240

>My employer is 100% happy with my performance

So, if a pizza delivery guy manages to fuck your world up and still satisfy his employer, he's good to go right?.
>>
>>8636873

My sister used to work at a locally owned pizza place, and they often had to actually make the pizzas, then deliver them themselves. It was a gigantic hassle to make like a dozen pizzas and have them all be of decent quality by the time you're done, THEN go out and deliver them, all in a reasonable amount of time so the customer isn't waiting for like a hour.

It was actually why she quit. Some mexicans in a church ordered like 20 pizzas for some party they were throwing, the pizza place was understaffed so she had to basically make every pizza and then deliver them all herself in utter shit weather. No tip at all.

Fucking mexicans. It was so awesome being able to get awesome custom pizzas from her and get the employee discount on top of it.
>>
>>8637242
Sure. Like I said in >>8637150 all I can do is complain, and then stop using your store if the complaint is not taken seriously.

If you really think that you're "fucking [peoples] world up" by not doing your job, and that's acceptable, then I feel very sorry for you.
>>
Why would you give them extra money? Stupid amerifats
>>
>>8636651
I generally tip $7-10 for everything unless my order is only like $10 or $15
>>
>>8636651
10%
>>
>>8637098
Don't listen to these soft cunts, you're 100% right.
>>
>tipping someone extra because they're good-looking
but why?
>>
If it's a girl I tip 20%(it never is).
If it's a guy I tip 10%.
If it's a foreigner I tip 5%(it always is).
>>
>>8637798
Why do you tip girls higher?
>>
>>8637792
even ugly neckbeard permavirgins are shallow as fuck faggots with no principles. The obvious reactionary response to this is national socialism.
>>
>>8637808
To make up for the wage gap.
>>
>tipping at all
HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>8637816
yuropoor faggot
>>
>>8636998

Kek.

I'm literally drunk and on pills, and here every day. Have I honestly typed that out before?
>>
I have a free pizza scam going on currently.

If you have 5 receipts from previous orders you can get a free 9" Pizza but you need to hand over the reciepts on delivery arrival.

When the guy arrives i make a big deal out of giving him a £1 tip...cheap i know. Then attempt to hand them the recipts they always say you keep them sir haha free pizza
>>
Delivery phaggit's get free gas on top off there pay so i never tip but the intitled retarts alway's get pissy with me about it espeshaly when i want my change back like what the fuck little phaggit now you're place
>>
>>8636651
i tipped my driver $25 on a $21 order on new years because i felt bad he was working, especially since he delivered it 5 after midnight
>>
>>8636651
$2.50, that's it, at most. Usually $2.
but I've got a fucking car, I do carry out 99% of the time. I'd rather listen to a song and a half on the shitty radio than overpay for pizza.
>>
I pay online and in the instructions box I tell them to place the pizza on my doormat and walk away, so I don't have to tip anything
>>
Ten forints
>>
>>8637014
i deliver food for a living and i pull in about $700/week, how much you make delivering food is all dependent on location. luckily i live in an extremely affluent college town so $10 tips are the norm.
>>
File: sonny and rico.jpg (48KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
sonny and rico.jpg
48KB, 640x430px
>>8637014
>Hot women delivery drivers don't exist.
My standards must have slipped then. I've certainly met what I thought were some cute female delivery drivers.

What about a carryout pizza? I generally only tip $1. Is that okay?
>>
>>8636651
$3 is my minimum tip, no matter what.

I usually tip closer to $4 or $5, puts me on the delivery driver's good side.

I might tip less than $3 if there's some extraordinary fuckery going on with the driver, but nothing like that has ever happened yet.
>>
>>8639106
Who are you tipping? The people who made your pizza?

Tipping isn't necessary if you're driving to the pizza factory and driving the pizza home yourself.
>>
>>8639106
the fuck do people actually tip for carryout food? who are you even tipping?
>>
>>8638364
I totally agree with you, picking up the pizza yourself is the smart decision.
>>
>>8637079
Nobody gives a flying fuck about your gunny papa fuccboi. Why don't you try making something of your life instead of bragging about 'muh daddy wuz in THE Armie hoo rah!'...?
>>
>>8639216
>>8639217
its common to tip the baker
>>
File: 1437015126975.jpg (34KB, 377x351px) Image search: [Google]
1437015126975.jpg
34KB, 377x351px
>>8636651
Here's a tip: Get a better job.
>>
>>8639217
You see, in America they have this wonderful custom that the wait staff and the delivery drivers don't get paid by their employer, but instead directly by the customer in form of tips.

This is all tangled into the myth of individuality, as if tipping the pizzaguy 20% would actually add that much value to the service. A proper capitalist will pay a fixed amount that will allow a living vage for the delivery person.
>>
>>8637014
>>8637057
>>8637108
>all this made up power fantasy
lol you don't do shit, faggot.
>>
>>8636651
the whole d
>>
>>8637108
>being on this high of a pedestal as a delivery boy

Wew
>>
>>8639528
He moans, as he awaits his shit pizza delivery with baited breath.
>>
>>8639216
>>8639217
>who are you even tipping?

Generally its for preparation of the food, but its collectively the entire staff in the shop.
>>
>>8637014
>Former Pizza Hut driver
That says it all.

>delivers for worst pizza chain in America
>thinks people will tip him the same as they do for quality pizza deliveries from real restaurants
>>
>>8637058
>>8637063
There were several different incidents, IIRC including deaths, involving unsafe driving trying to beat the 30-minute guarantee. Here's one:
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/22/business/domino-s-ends-fast-pizza-pledge-after-big-award-to-crash-victim.html
>>
>>8640207
Just to give the high point of the article:
> In the latest of a series of lawsuits against the privately owned company, Jean Kinder, a 49-year-old St. Louis woman, suffered head and spinal injuries when a Domino's delivery driver ran a red light and struck her car. The Missouri circuit court jury on Friday ordered the company and the local franchise operator involved to pay her $750,000 in actual damages, and $78 million in punitive damages.

Note those huge punitive damages? Same deal as with the McDonald's hot coffee lawsuit -- the company had dozens of lawsuits related to a dangerous business practice, and a jury finally said "fuck it, they refuse to change their dangerous habits so we're going to ram an unlubricated rusty cactus up their asshole."
>>
I deliver for my family restaurant besides doing managerial work, our food is kind of expensive and we have a $30 minimum so delivery is only a small part of business. I get paid really well so I don't need tips at all. That said, I still despise fags who don't tip. It's literally more inexcusable than not tipping while dining in. The driver physically drives his own car and uses his own gas to bring food to your doorstep, there's actual cost accrued at a personal level to provide that service for you, you're morally bankrupt if you don't even attempt to compensate that.

>I used to just tip $2-3 on pizza deliveries, now I see the other side I always tip 30-40% of the order amount.
>>
>>8640334
Why don't you just pay your delivery drivers a living wage? Or charge a delivery fee?

Oh, right, that would cut into your family's profits. Why didn't I think of that.
>>
>>8636651
i tip them a coupon for the pizza place they work at. the guy who deliverd my pizza last week got a buy any medium one topping pizza from dominos get another one free coupon.
>>
>>8640207
>>8640213
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/08/29/business/fight-on-quick-pizza-delivery-grows.html?pagewanted=all

August 29, 1989

In Indianapolis, meanwhile, the Indiana Department of Labor has begun an investigation into whether the Domino's guarantee of 30-minute delivery is, in fact, causing accidents and should be banned. The investigation was prompted by the death on June 3 of Jesse Colson, a 17-year-old Domino's driver from the Indianapolis area.

Since Jan. 1, more than a dozen lawsuits have been filed by relatives of people who died in crashes involving Domino's drivers, or by people who suffered serious injuries. The more recent lawsuits have named Domino's as the defendant rather than the chain's roughly 3,400 franchisees.

Finally, earlier this month a Pennsylvania judge, Bernard McGowan, ordered Domino's to produce all of its records relating to accidents involving the company's drivers

While many issues in the Domino's case remain in dispute, nearly everyone agrees on one point: a significant number of Domino's drivers have been in accidents.
>>
>>8636708
I get 50 percent off my local papa johns cause I work in the bookstore next door and they like us.
>>
>>8636651
I typically don't get delivery and instead just go get it myself. If I'm drunk or high or feeling incredibly lazy and decide to get pizza delivered I tip the change up to $2.00.

If the driver doesn't offer my change back and just assumes the change is a tip I give them nothing.
>>
>>8636669
As long as the delivery person isn't a douche and didn't take unreasonably long I tip pretty high because I have a good job and imagine theirs isn't very rewarding.
>>
File: laugh.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>8637108
>implying there aren't 20 other pizza places within delivery distance of me

oooh you'll "remember" me

terrifying
>>
File: disgusted smug.jpg (36KB, 490x425px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted smug.jpg
36KB, 490x425px
>>8636708
>papa johns
>>
>>8637014
Enjoy being robbed at the door cuckboi

If my pizza arrives late, I don't pay

Answering the door holding a shotgun does wonders for my finances
>>
>>8639216
the edible jew
>>
Tipping is socially irresponsible.
All you are doing is subsidising a shitty employer so he can underpay his employees and rake in more jewgold from thier hard work.

Shit like this is why trade unions exist, and why America is such a fucked up backwards place in some respects.
>>
>>8641164
>trade unions
Talk about fucking backwards. Unions are garbage. Just look how well Brazil does thanks to mandatory unionization for every single employee of any type.
>>
>>8641582
Well shit like this is why they exist. I don't think they are of any use either, at least not when the amount of jobs is decreasing due outsourcing, automation and recession.
>>
>>8636651
I don't as the collective employment agreements in my country don't rely on the kindness of the consumer.
>>
>>8636880
>everyone lives in the same place as me
>>
>>8640555
>implying every other place won't do that shit too
wew lad
>>
File: V&.gif (240KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
V&.gif
240KB, 480x270px
>>8640574
>Answering the door holding a shotgun does wonders for my finances
>>
>>8637189
>>8637182
>watching 2 dumb people try to out-argue each other over literally nothing
>people posting in a >tipping bait thread disguised as a pizza thread
>>
>>8637811
I live in developed country, unlike the US, so we dont have wage gaps or tipping.
>>
Since I'm not a fatass, I've only ever ordered pizza for events. In such cases, I use the remainder of the food budget.
>>
>>8642275
The idea is they don't come back to that place until they've ordered 20 more pizzas, who has time to remember that shit.
>>
>>8636651

I make over 400k a year so I enjoy spreading the wealth. I habitually tip 100% on everything that I buy on everything up to about 100 bucks.

The looks on people's faces are priceless. Sometimes they cry. It's amazing.

People will post that I am wasting my money, but I don't really care about those people's opinions. I'm 35 and wealthy enough to be retired. I only work because running my business at this point is just checking in on a well oiled machine that mints money.

I think if everyone had it as easy as me they'd tip as well or better.

I feel sorry for the people that don't tip because clearly they are poor and can't afford to just throw money around like I can. With the state of economic mobility in the world today, it is highly likely that these poor non-tippers will never dig themselves out of the debt hole they are likely in. Sad. I would like to help people like them, but I do not know how... The system is set up against them.
>>
>>8642430
>desperate pizza delivery boy fantasies, vol. 1

Cool story bro'. It's Friday, shouldn't you be getting ready for the busiest shift of the week in the desperate hope of getting a few dollars in tips?
>>
nothing

because I don't do things that would require me to tip like pizza delivery, restaurants, bars, etc.

yeah I'm a miser but I don't care fuck you all tipping is retarded
>>
>>8642439

No.. I'm browsing CK because I have nothing to do right now. I finished up all my business meetings for the day around 11am and then went out to a local brunch joint with my wife...

It's between this and studying up on cassandra db and finding out how it can benefit my business...

I might bake a fresh load of bread so i can make killer french toast tomorrow morning.
>>
>>8636727
Not that anon. But thanks man I appreciate it.
>>
>>8642291
Yes, the American butthurt is so delicious to watch.

I much prefer orderly and professional wait and delivery service included in price rather than fake friendly ass kissing. If I had some special requests or something similar, the I would consider. And I would tip in cash, because otherwise it would most likely just go for the restaurant owner.
>>
File: american law.png (137KB, 720x905px) Image search: [Google]
american law.png
137KB, 720x905px
>>
>>8642705
>If the service sucks, never go below 15%
>American '''''''''''''''''logic'''''''''''''''''
>>
>>8642724
I'm happy to help unpack any of those pesky boxes for you. Perhaps you aren't from America? That much you've made abundantly clear. You probably suffer from diseases due to improper diet. I would be more than happy to help, especially if you were a Yuropoor or a dumb Britbong.
>>
>>8643464
America is quite literally a 3rd world country. High unemployment, low education, poor public health and with Chief Cheeto at the helm, an oppressive fascist government.
>>
>>8643475
I mean, you obviously have no clue what you are talking about, but I'm happy for you either way.

Ignorance is bliss, after all!
>>
>>8642705
>Even if service sucks, never go below 15%
Go fuck yourself.
I normally tip 20% and upwards of 50% if the bill is small, but telling people to ALWAYS tip AT LEAST some amount is so fucking pompous.
>>
>>8643485
Well since you don't go to restaurants or bars that would literally destroy you and your car for tipping less than 10%, you really shouldn't be joining the discussion. It takes a simple call to the valet to put a spoonful of sugar in your gas tank.
>>
>>8643492
Except I do? I don't even look at a bar if it doesn't look shady as shit, because that means it's not going to charge me $12 for a fucking screwdriver.
>>
just the tip but not if they are black. i dont want std
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.