[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the first world, what are the actual chances of catching foodborne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: i am become botulism.png (383KB, 415x413px) Image search: [Google]
i am become botulism.png
383KB, 415x413px
In the first world, what are the actual chances of catching foodborne illnesses? I'm talking salmonella, botulism, norovirus, e. coli, etcetera.
>>
>>8635999
Chances can be pretty high. A lit of times it depends on the establishment. I'very gotten sick from mussels twice. The first time was pretty minor, the second time it was pretty rough.
A couple years ago, a restaurant that I worked in accidentally poisoned a table of people. The common denominator was the shrimp. And that shrimp had gone from frozen on a bag to thawed to pan fried and served in less than twenty minutes.
>>
I'm literally going to be taking the ServSafe re certification test tomorrow night. This country (USA) has so many goddamn regulations in place that if every establishment followed every rule I doubt anybody eating in a restaurant would ever get sick ever again.

The reality, however, is that people cut corners and I've worked in enough restaurants to see plenty of those regulations broken.

If you want my honest opinion, as long as you don't go to some sketchy place and stick to the local places with solid reputation, you have a less than 5% chance of contracting anything that would come from the kitchen.

The servers are a different story. Just a bunch of savages in the restaurant field just for the money.

Tl;dr i imagine pretty low

Also any questions about US sanitation and health regulations feel free to ask, I've got nothing better to do.
>>
>>8635999
People have problems with franchises like T.G.I Fridays or Chilis but truth be told those are the safest places to eat.

So the odds are pretty low but it does depend on where you eat
>>
>>8635999

if there's contagions on the food, it's 100%.

if there's no contagions on the food, it's 0%.

not fucking complicated.
>>
File: 76b6ea0b588629c3.jpg (52KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
76b6ea0b588629c3.jpg
52KB, 550x550px
>>8635999
It depends on your immune system. This guy could eat raw chicken from a hookers pussy and be fine and yet some people get "food poisoning" 500 times a year. It's funny how it's almost always the germaphobes and people that wash their hands 400 times a day that get sick.

Seafood from buffets can be a bit sketchy, especially if it's raw. keep in mind eating 10 000 calories of anything in a sitting then laying on a couch will make anybody sick, That's not food poisoning.
>>
>>8636292
kek
Not quite how it works, friendo.
>>
>>8636036
>shrimp had gone from frozen on a bag to thawed to pan fried and served in less than twenty minutes.
Shows what you know about the subject
>>
>>8636285
What's the most ridiculous food safety rule? No goats within 20 yards of a pot roast?
>>
>>8636496
Not him but... Nothing obstructing a hand washing sink is stupid. If the illiterate dishwasher leaves the mop bucket in front of a hand sink, it's a critical violation. No matter that all I have to do is give it a bump with my foot.
>>
>>8636377
literally how it works

>>8636285
this and it's hard to find people who care thanks to shitty pay. i use to work in a kitchen and even with shitty pay i'd tell people off for not washing their hands or cross contaminating. it's not a fucking joke you could get someone really sick.

dont mess with poultry or ground beef. 150 for 5 mins and 145 respectively.

steak and pork should be fine at 135
>>
>>8635999
I got salmonella poisoning when I was 2 years old, and I almost died.
But I was also living in a 3rd world shithole.

About 10 years ago I had some White Castle, and got acute diarrhea. I was driving, got insane stomach cramps. Pulled over, walked like 10 feet on the side of the car, realized I couldnt hold it anymore, and sprayed the most smelliest, and vile chartreuse colored shit out my ass while leaning against the fence. Worst smell I ever came across.
After I was done "shitting" I almost passed out from the relief I got, not to mention the smell.

Otherwise I've never been sick from eating bad food, and I used to eat weeks old left overs all the time. Like cut off the mold, and eat around it.
>>
High enough.

I got salmonella poisoning when I was about twelve and was pissing blood and chunks of flesh until I was put on antibiotics.
>>
>>8636577
Me mam's bake shop were shut down by that aye.
>>
>>8636593
>Like cut off the mold, and eat around it.
That's fucking gross bro. Unless that was a hard cheese you're putting yourself at risk big time. Mold poisoning is no joke.

I had food poisoning from Chipotle's before. Was shitting and puking all morning the next day. Sucked.
>>
>>8635999

A few years back my then-boss contracted listeriosis from a (apparently shit-contaminated) rotisserie chicken from the wegman's next door. Was out for a bit, too.

I think a richer culture might actually be MORE at risk of food-bourne illnesses than a poorer one, though. If you're a dirt farmer you might be at risk of ecoli from shit fertilizer and poor sanitation, but in a first world country you have access to more diverse food from a larger number of areas, and thus are at greater risk of having some random fuckstick take a shit, not wash his hands, amd then go handle your food.
>>
Scandinavian here. I got salmonella after a visit to a pretty well regarded restaurant over here. That shit sucks.
>>
I love the salmo my dudes
>>
>>8636913
did you died?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.