[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you make your parents order for you despite you sitting right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1102.jpg (173KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1102.jpg
173KB, 600x400px
Did you make your parents order for you despite you sitting right there when you went to restaurants as a kid?
>>
>>8634917
All the way until age 15.
>>
>>8634927
Why
>>
>>8634982
Shy kid, grew out of it in high school and now create public spectacles. Autism truly is a spectrum.
>>
no, my parents made me make my own order
they probably would have let me go hungry if i refused to speak up
>>
>>8634917

I was a super shy kid, but I honestly think I was at least confident enough to order my own food. I liked feeling like an adult.

I always used to order the expensive shit, though. I remember they'd come out with lobster or clams or whatever the hell it was and hand it to my dad, and he'd be like "nah I had the spaghetti and meatballs."
>>
>>8635005
Asshole
>>
>>8634917
Does anyone else order for their girlfriend at a restaurant? Like she'll tell me what she wants, but when the waiter comes around I'm the one who tells him her order. I don't even know why I do it, just feels right to me.
>>
i honestly dont remember fampai

i would assume i ordered my own shit
>>
>>8634917
My dad would make me order myself and he'd hit me if I didn't look the waitress in the eye
Needless to say I'm a NEET with no social skills now.
>>
>>8634927
my autist brother did this up till like age 25
>>
>>8635016
Yeah. A lot of people just opt to have one person tell the waiter(tress) the party's entire order
>>
>>8635016
Sometimes, really impress her when I ask for special requests she likes to make for her.
>>
>>8635027
Refuse to believe this
>>
I don't remember my parents ever ordering for me. I think I ordered for myself as soon as I could read/talk.
>>
>>8635052
no joke. he was in college. we were at Denny's and I thought he was going to order but just started mumbling so my mom spoke up for him and ordered his spaghetti and got popcorn shrimp as a side. I bitched a whole lot about that to her and when it came she also cut his spaghetti for him since he is a baby and can't eat it like a normal human and I just wanted to leave at that point.

he also wears sweatpants out into public a lot. and won't shave himself he grows what looks like an Amish persons beard and only will get it cut and shaved by a barber.
>>
>>8634917
No. What we did was tell dad what everyone wanted and then he would just tell the waiter. I have a lot of brothers so it's easier and nobody wants to wait and go around the table asking a bunch of little kids separately.
>>
>>8634917
Only until I was old enough to not be shy around strangers - maybe 5 or 6 years old.
>>
>>8634996
Kek
>>
Why are they eating maki with french fries?
>>
>>8635487
Because it's a dumb stock image
>>
>>8634917
What's it like being raised by someone who isn't a narcissist, anons?
>>
>>8635487

>this is what europeans actually think americans actually do
>>
My parents stopped taking me to restaurants because I'd refuse to stop sitting under the table.
>>
>>8634917
I was a pretty shy kid and didn't order my own food until I was around 8. I think I had occasional lapses of confidence talking to strangers up to age 11 or 12.
>>
>>8634917
Hell no. Dad was the head of the household so he ordered for everyone.
>>
File: 1436134351269.jpg (264KB, 874x738px) Image search: [Google]
1436134351269.jpg
264KB, 874x738px
>>8634917
I still do this

i'm 20 and have such bad anxiety around most people, when i open my mouth to speak no sound comes out
>>
>>8635005
Are you me?
>>
>>8634917
I order by my self most of the time when I'm out with family, but sometimes my dad just orders for everyone if we have discussed what we will eat.
>>
>>8637327

just b urself :^)
>>
>>8634917
I used to have a stutter and my siblings would mock me if I fucked up an order in front of a waitress so I would just tell my mom before hand and she'd order for me.

It wasn't until high school I was able to order by myself because my friends and I ate out a lot and they didn't give a shit if I messed up once or twice.
>>
>>8634917
Started ordering for myself at about 8 years old.
>>
>>8635052
>>8635027
>>8635380
>>8634927
>>8634917

I do sometimes if my anxiety kicks in and when I know when I'm going to stutter
>>
>>8636211
Kek, you're a legend anon.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.