[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't like how something you make/cook tastes, do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1428940987075.jpg (45KB, 1000x673px) Image search: [Google]
1428940987075.jpg
45KB, 1000x673px
If you don't like how something you make/cook tastes, do you keep eating it so you don't waste it, or do you toss it?
>>
>>8631618
Throw it in the trash along with most leftovers
>>
I try to eat it so I don't waste it (and I'm too lazy to make something else), but sometimes it's just a lost cause.

A friend made some curry once and dumped 1/4 of a large jar of capsaicin powder in it since I said it wasn't spicy enough the last time he made it. We ended up having to throw most of it out after trying to tone it down by mixing plain yoghurt in. I can tolerate some spiciness but when my lips feel like they're on fire just from touching the food I have to draw a line.
>>
How about the option where I adjust the seasoning/ingredients so that it tastes better (as though I didn't taste it while I was cooking)?
>>
>>8631618
How do you fuck up so bad you can't eat it?
>>
>>8631631
This but if I screw up and over-season and can't salvage the dish I will still eat it so as to waste.
>>
>>8632094
Using tofu as an ingredient
>>
>>8632142
Tofu has no flavour.
>>
>>8632147
Thats why I hate it
>>
I'll usually eat it because I don't like being wasteful. Some exceptions are if it tastes too terrible to stomach or is just too hard to eat. Last weak I made cookies from some mason jar recipe my mom bought me for Christmas. I guess the baking soda in it was nonexistent or stale, because they didn't rise and came out hard as rocks. I could barely eat them and ended up using them as frisbees in the back yard.
>>
>>8632180
Do you also hate breathing because it doesn't smell like anything?
>>
>>8631618
I made my food and now Ill eat it.
I made my first "home made" pizza. The dough was store bought and nothing was really from scratch. I figured it would be easy enough. It said to put the pizza in the oven at 475 for 10 minutes until brown. It came out a disaster.

I didnt have flour to keep it from sticking to the tray so I used baking soda instead since I figured it would help it and the taste would go away. I also put in on the lowest rack of the over since I assumed heat would rise and the top part would be the hottest but its an electric and the glowy parts were basically right under the pan.

I left it alone and when the timer was up I went out of my room to check on it and I smelled it burning while my room mate had this look on his face full of disdain or disgust. Either it was because of the smell or my baking skills, or lack thereof.

Bottom was burnt. Middle was undercooked but the top looked fine. I let it cool and took a bite. The crust tasted like the after effect of a mom in a rush to get her 2 kids science fair projects to school on time and they just fell over another in the car. And yes I am talking about roasted baking soda. The undercooked dough is making me wonder if I'm gonna get e. coli or salmonella . Cheese, sauce, and toppings were mediocre, but edible.

4/10, chasing it with a glass of Charles Shaw made this bearable. Im eating a bag of beef jerky just to get the taste off my tounge.
>>
>>8632147
Then put spices in it you foo.
>>
>>8632189
kek'd. fucking rekt
>>
>>8632189
Seriously though, I can taste tofu. It has a sweet soybean flavor which I don't enjoy.
>>
>>8631618
>eat
>give away to fat friend
>reuse in other dominating dishes to salvage
>use as bait in traps
>use as fishing bait
>feed ducks in the park
>>
>>8631618
Usually the only problem I have is under seasoning, and I'm really into hot sauces so I have quite a few quick solutions in my fridge.

Love saving leftovers and turning them into something new. I'll only toss food if it's gone bad.
>>
I made fish tacos recently; I like to have a vegetable-bean-tomato paste with them. At the time I was at my family home. I used some fish stock in bouillon form impulsively like a total retard, forgetting that they salt those things. It was a salty mess but I ate it anyway because I didn't want to waste it and the saltiness had no adverse nutritional effects.
>>
File: cat piano man (#771288).jpg (126KB, 450x660px) Image search: [Google]
cat piano man (#771288).jpg
126KB, 450x660px
I always make a point of finishing all my failures by myself, "eat all that I have killed", only exceptions is if it's burnt, cause that causes cancer, or if I have oversalted it enough to endanger my liver.

I have eaten a lot of cakes with the texture of pudding, heavy chewy pudding.
>>
>>8631618
I really do try to eat it as much as I can. Sometimes it's just not gonna happen so I toss it.
>>8632094
>what is burning
>what is cooking it wrong
>what is using too much spice
>what is screwing up the flavor
>what is literally anything that can go wrong in the kitchen
Dumbass.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.