[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.businessinsider.com/papa -johns-customers-can-now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

http://www.businessinsider.com/papa-johns-customers-can-now-pay-a-fee-to-get-pizza-faster-2017-2

better pay that 2.99 unless u wanna wait 2 hours for yer pizza
>>
Poor delivery guys
>>
File: saltbae.jpg (61KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
saltbae.jpg
61KB, 600x599px
>he doesn't order his pizza 6 hours in advance
>>
What happens when every customer pays the fee?
>>
>>8631613
everyone gets pizzas faster
>>
>>8631617
I don't really think that is how it works. I know you're just joking but..if every one pays the fee..you get your pizza in the same time and you've waste yet another extra $3
>>
Or I could just not order papa motherfucking johns. Thank god I live on the east coast
>>
wtf I hate papa johns now
>>
>>8631623
That's probably what Papa John's is hoping for.
>"PapaPriority does not guarantee that your pizza will be delivered within a set time period or that delivery will be faster than normal," the company says on its website. "There is no cash alternative or refund available."
>>
>>8631648
Yeah I think you're correct and it's a weak business strategy and they should be ashamed, honestly. I know making money is making money but 100% intentional jewing should just be wrong.
>>
>even restaurants have early access alpha now
>>
How is this any different from airline seating?
>>
unless this has a money back guarantee whats the fucking point?

And Im talking like delivery in 15 minutes
>>
>>8631676
It's only $3 and it is for food at a food place not a seat on a flight
>>
>>8631676
Because lots of people literally cannot afford first-class and most that can still won't pay for it. 3 dollars is something all the people paying for delivery pizza can afford easily. The idea only works when there's people that aren't going to pay for it.
>>
Translation: We are about to fire the majority of our delivery staff so your 30 minute pizza delivery is about to become a 2 hour wait unless you pay us.
>>
>>8631715
if my pizza came cold i would send it back without paying
>>
>>8631623
>>8631648
What? No
The business model is obvious, more people paying = more drivers, more franchises, etc...
If less people buy into it than its merely queue switching.

Its actually the opposite of what you're saying, if only a few people pitch in its pretty much only a good game day alternative.
>>
>>8631676
Because it quickly becomes everyone not paying the fee gets shit service instead of people paying the fee get better service.

Its the same fucking problem with tipping
>>
>>8632102
If its implemented at all thats what it will immediately become
>Old system
>Pizzas are delivered in the order they are made and along the most efficient. Sometimes driver has to go a little farther so pizzas may become warm instead of piping hot but for everyone, since its optimized its usually still pretty fast

>New system
>Driver has to drive out of his way for 1 or 2 people and then go back to the route. Everyone who didn't pay the fee is guaranteed cold pizza
>>
So it's basically the prisoners dilemma but with pizza.
>>
>>8632137
the real prison is a fleshbody that has to try and run on papa johns pizza and the only escape is death
>>
>>8631928
This guy fucks.
>>
File: project25dollar530-1.jpg (56KB, 530x224px) Image search: [Google]
project25dollar530-1.jpg
56KB, 530x224px
>>8631603
>The pizza chain is testing a new system called "PapaPriority" that lets customers pay a $2.99 fee to skip ahead of earlier orders and get their pizza delivered faster.
Congratulations on becoming the EA of pizza, John Schnatter. I'm sure the other John Rigatoni would be proud.
>>
Personal experience here. But a slow delivery usually means the place wpuld give you a 10 dollar voucher to make up for the slow service so Papa Johns would probably have a couple of "Priority" delivery staff that takes the priority orders based on an area
>>
>>8631603
>"PapaPriority does not guarantee that your pizza will be delivered within a set time period or that delivery will be faster than normal,"
Can I pay $2.99 for nothing too?
>>
>>8632326
>video game analogy
Fuck off with that shit
>>
Does this guy ever get tired of being a dickhead?
>>
>>8631603
Just call to pick up or something. Or do they mean 'pay us extra money and maybe we'll get around making your food'?
>>
Had Papa Johns for the first time
Review
Tastes like the ingrediants, not trying to overload the spices on every item like at other chains, refreshing approach just had to add my own seasoning. Great crust texture. However the price is unjustifiable. It is twice the price of dominos/pizza hut. It is the same price as the real pizza places, which are still better. Don't really understand how they stay in business despite a hut and domino near by, maybe they can survive on selling 2 pizzas a day when they are fucking $20.
Summary: Would eat again (this order was free) but would never order from them.
>>
File: umexicmaru.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
umexicmaru.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>TFW your local Papa Johns got BTFO by a local pizza place
fuck you papa johns
>>
>>8632119
I can't speak for Papa Johns but the bags at Dominos keep your pizza hot pretty fucking long so long as you're not a dipshit and don't open them repeatedly - Or if your order is like, one or two side items and no pizzas, the heat seeps out into the bag and you get a lukewarm product.
>>
>>8632102
Tipping works in reverse, idiot.
I give good sevice and get good tips.

I mke 20-25% every day. Only some miami spics and sometimes foreigners tip like shit and hardly ever is there nothing left for me.
t. Server
>>
Welp. I'm never buying their food again. Fuck them.
>>
>>8631603
I guess they realized people dumb enough to eat their pizza are dumb enough to pay an extra fee for delivery.
>>
Fuckin dropped.
Sorry papi
>>
>IRL DLC
>>
>>8633978
It's not dlc you fucking idiot. Dlc is additional content that you have to purchase. Dlc is like if they stopped putting garlic butter in the box and asked you to buy it.
This is early access, pay to get it before other people do.
>>
Is anyone else really concerned by how appetizing that OP image is? I haven't had a trash pizza in so long, but fuck, I am salivating.
>>
>>8631928
I thought pizza places stopped doing that
>>
>>8631603
So what does this mean for people that don't want to spend an extra 3$ for their pizza that probably will arrive the same time without the express fee anyway
>>
>>8631603
I've never lived more than 3~ish miles from a papa johns, It's better to drive over and listen to a shitty song and a half on the radio than to cuck yourself with a delivery fee and tip. Papa Johns large will only run you $15 no matter how many toppings you get.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.