[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I'm going to start off by saying that I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: kimchi.jpg (162KB, 635x959px) Image search: [Google]
kimchi.jpg
162KB, 635x959px
Alright, I'm going to start off by saying that I'm not overly familiar with Asian cuisines, but kimchi sounds pretty good to me. I have three questions:

1: How easy is it to make?
2: Are there any good store-bought brands?
3: What other foods go well with it?
>>
>>8630855
Yes
>>
semen
>>
fuck off
>>
File: IMG_20170222_191620.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170222_191620.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
>>8630855
1. Dunno, my buddy makes it
2. Yes, but you need to go to a higher end place or an actual Asian market. Trader Joe's stuff is shit.
3. Fried rice. Absolutely delicious. Pic related.
>>
1. It's just pickling and letting it sit.
2. Just grab whatever looks more people bought.
3. Think of it as a staple seasoning.
>>
Here is a recipe:
https://youtu.be/eTucCw1w6Ak

I just buy it from a korean lady
>>
1.) Not for beginners. You'll need to source ingredients in Asian grocery stores, and at that point, you may find it easier to buy a jar of kimchi while you're there.
2.) Mass-market is usually pretty awful, I'd recc finding a mom-and-pop place that makes it homemade.
3.) Try kimchi fried rice. Kimchi goes with barbecue or spicy ramen, anywhere you might use pickles or sauerkraut. It's a nice little side or fridge pickin.
>>
Salt cabbage, rinse after 1-24 hours. Mix with daikon, ginger and green onion. Mix with shrimp paste or fish sauce and chilli paste and sugar. Put in jar for 1-5 days under counter, pushing cabbage under juice. Put in fridge when desired taste has been met. Also, google.

Great with rice and eggs, with bacon, in soup, on tuna sandwich, by itself. Anything really.
>>
>>8631284
>kimchi fried rice
mah nigga. I can never get enough of it
>>
>1: How easy is it to make?
It's easy if your name is Kim/Park and live with/near your middle-aged mother, mother-in-law, or grandmother. Otherwise, there are too many ingredients that you probably do not have on hand, will need to source far and wide if you don't have an Asian grocer, and won't turnover quickly enough. Honestly, my name is Chang and I eat store-bought kimchi because a gallon tub is like $10 at H-mart.

>2: Are there any good store-bought brands?
The one pictured in OP is not good. In fact, most kimchi that's made offsite and labeled with stickers isn't very good. H-mart and other Korean-owned grocery stores have good in-house kimchi.
3. Carbs. Meat. Eggs. Make a soup.
>>
>>8631507
What brand do you recommend counterfeit korean?
>>
Kimchi is fucking delicious. It's PRETTY easy to make, and you can experiment with different veggies. You can make celery kimchi, cabbage kimchi, fuck I've even had apple kimchi.
>>
>>8631515
No brand, per se, just whatever is made in-house at your Korean-owned grocer. Although H-mart is a chain store, it sells good in-house kimchi because each store has quick turnover of ingredients due to mass inventory compared to Whitey grocer and its primary customer demographic (i.e. Kim and Park). The same goes for other Korean-owned grocery stores.
>>
>>8631298
I want her to give me a spicy kimchi handjob.
>>
>>8631515
Most regular grocers near me only have one or two brands, asian/korean grocers excepted. I'd just try what you can get locally and see what you like. Kinda like storebought salsa, in that there's a lot of variety; it's not like there's a canonical recipe and you ca declare "this is the best".

A couple interesting variations I've had lately were an imported Japanese kimchi (finely chopped, more sour/less spicy than korean brands I've had), and a locally made daikon kimchi that used relatively large chunks of winter radish instead of chopped cabbage. I liked the daikon one both for the flavor and the added crunchiness of the texture.

Note that reasonably authentic kimchi has seafood in it, but there are American brands that eliminate this to broaden their market to include people who won't/can't eat seafood. Check ingredient lists if you care one way or the other.
>>
weird choice of irish font in the op pic
>>
>>8630855
It's pretty versatile. I throw it on pizzas, put it in pulled pork sandwiches, toss a little into basically any stirfry I make. Can be good on salad too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.