[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is roasted seaweed actually good for you? What are the best things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: seaweed roasted snack.jpg (437KB, 972x729px) Image search: [Google]
seaweed roasted snack.jpg
437KB, 972x729px
Is roasted seaweed actually good for you?
What are the best things to go with it?
>>
Imagine seafood flavored potato chips.

That's literally what seaweed snacks are.
They're flat sheets of toasted seaweed liberally coated with salt and grease to make them taste good as you mash them up in your mouth.
>>
>>8630242
>>8630210
They're slllighhtlllyy healthier due to starch content but not really appreciably since they're salted and fatted, like anon points out. Also depending on the seaweed there'll be a meaty flavor in it due to naturally occuring MSG substances, this is why the Japs use Konbu in everything
>>
>>8630210
Sesame seed oil and salt. Don't overdo it.
>>
>>8630210
seaweed is very good for you and roasted is one of the supposedly healthier ways to give a food a longer shelf life.
>>
Has anyone ever tried these with sardines?
Also what's some good cheap white rice to eat with them?
>>
>>8630210
It's a meme. Its kind of like corn; the industry has been booming for a while so they just invented ways to sell it or disguise it (e.g. seaweed body lotion). It's hysterical that people actually consume it outside of very select instances in which it makes sense to use.

Also I've been to a seaweed factory; smelliest experience of my life
>>
>>8630210
Seaweed is one of the healthiest foods to eat particulary if you enjoy foods from the sea
Seaweed is a cold water veggie something that contributes to cooling off the human organism a major plus alonside with several trace minerals depending on what sort of seaweed you happen to consume

The seaweed in image isnt what you really want for most effect if your calling it healthy

Most seaweed that would likely significantly help lower heat in your typical american body would likely cause stomache or outright bad taste since the body would not be ready to accept for once something so very significantly cooling

Seaweed is great for health
seaweed isnt easy to get into when its not already something costumary
seaweed is perfectly meant to pair with fish ... consider eating both after fish is your first choice although seaweed is great even without fish
>>
They're stupidly overpriced considering the net weight, but they have pretty good micronutrients and aren't very calorie dense. It's good snack food if nothing else
>>
>>8630718
>>>/x/
>>
>>8630996
>Seaweed body lotion isn't a scam
Target demographic over here. I bet you buy Himalayan pink salt.
>>
>>8631041
I do considering fluoridated salt is the majority of what is available.

Avoid all sea food at this point. After Fukushima diachi nuclear plant melted down the Pacific has been turning into a fucking disgusting radioactive mess that will never be the same.
>>
>>8630210
I tried eating seaweed once but it's fucking rancid.
It tastes like something that is not meant to be consumed at all.
>>
>>8631127
I would not trust any seafood at this point, Cesium has been found in fish as far as California now.
>>
>>8630210
Imagine prawn tails, now imagine them having the consistency of a jolly rancher wrapper, and youve got yourself fried seaweed
>>
>>8630210
rice. just cook some short grain sticky rice and make little seaweed rolls
>>
>>8630242
>seafood flavored potato chips.
>That's literally what seaweed snacks are.

No, that's literally what pic related is.

Stay in school.
>>
>>8632351
>>
Seaweed has trace amounts of arsenic and toxins my nigga
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.