[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup cu/ck/s. How do I get salt to stick to my popcorn? Each time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 679479.jpg (228KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
679479.jpg
228KB, 1280x720px
Sup cu/ck/s. How do I get salt to stick to my popcorn? Each time I try, it all aggregates on the bottom and very little remains on the kernels.

Also, popcorn thread.
>>
>>8629895
Agitate until light oil/butter coating forms on the popcorn, then add salt and agitate more until it's evenly distributed
>>
>>8629895
>How do I get salt to stick to my popcorn
Run it under water for 2-3 seconds then salt, works every time.
>>
>>8629895
I just salt my kernels after I put them in the pot before they pop
>>
>>8629895
That's litearlly what butter is for
>>
>>8629895
Don't forget to grind the salt into dust. Larger grains of salt will just fall off.
>>
>>8629895
This is a troll thread. Sage and ignore.
>>
Toss with fat first. If you're anxious about calories, use an olive oil mister for good coverage using sparing amounts.

Truffle oil popcorn is a meme, but it's a good meme, like thrust vectoring. I make it a lot now that I have a microwave popper.
>>
Olive or coconut oil
>>
>>8631574
this. Popcorn salt is a thing.
>>
>>8629895
Well make sure your popping it on the stove, and not in a hot air popper.

Assuming you're doing, add the salt at the same time you add the kernels to the oil. Popcorn salt is a must (meaning extremely fine popcorn/nut salt, not a flavored salt), but if you want to go the extra mile, buy a carton of Flavacol, and do like a tablespoon for a half cup of kernels. Make sure you pop with Flavacol though, it's a little bit too rough on your tongue/mouth if you use it as a topper.

Some purists just eat the popcorn as it pops, with the oil and salt from the popping, and nothing more. But I go for a movie theater-style thing, so I add a topping oil and popcorn salt after the fact.

Real butter is fine for that, but I actually prefer the faux-butter, because obviously theaters aren't using real butter.

Kernel Season has a topling/popping oil that is delicious, but my favorite topper is made by Amish Farms, and it's kind of thick. I want to say it says hydrogenated oil on the front of the bottle. I'm sure it's cancer, but it recreates movie popcorn perfectly.

However, the most commonly available is the Orville Redenbacher top/pop oil, which is fine for popping, but is a disgusting topper. It's a nightmare.

If you happen to live near a Popcorn Wagon store, you can get the oil, salt, and Flavacol I'm talking about if you're not willing to Amazon it.

For popping, I also prefer coconut oil. Amish Farms actually makes an orange-dyed one that pops real nice, and gives you some really pretty popcorn.

As far as kernels go, I've messed around with store brand kernels, farmers market stuff, and fancy black Diamond stuff, but I like Pop Secret kernels the most. They're crunchy, sweet, and most importantly, huge!
>>
>>8632078
Also, if you're ever in a Bass Pro Shops, look into the ready-to-eat camping section (like where the freeze dried stuff is) and you can buy these things that have packets of popcorn, oil, and Flavacol in them, and you just cut the top off and dump it into a hot pan. For all the experimenting I've done, I actually like that the best.

It's like 4 pouches in a box for around six/seven bucks, but it's extremely worth it. Doubly so if you have to go hunting for the kernels/oil/salt you want.

I'd still highly recommend buying a topper oil and popcorn salt though. It changes the whole game.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.