[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the next few month, I am living in a cheap room with no fridge,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lost-girl-cooking.jpg (957KB, 3500x2333px) Image search: [Google]
lost-girl-cooking.jpg
957KB, 3500x2333px
For the next few month, I am living in a cheap room with no fridge, no microwave, ...

I am wondering how I am going to get my nutrients and stay healthy during that period. What kinds of food can one live on like that?
>>
>>8629279
Fruit don't need refrigerating, eggs don't need refrigerating (if you're not living in a hot as hell place and don't need a month to eat a dozen eggs), meat you get fresh and cook it, so it doesn't need refrigerating, bread, potatos, onions, garlic, canned goods... Only problem I see is cheese, creme fraiche and cream. And warm beer.
>>
I went a year without a fridge and shopped for what would last 2-3 days only.
I ate a lot of things that are supposed to be refrigerated but werent for days and never got sick.
>>
>>8629475
what the hell are they going to cook meat with?

Start a fire in your room OP. There's your stove.
>>
>>8629279
Buy an electric hotplate/rice cooker. UHT milk, canned everything, lots of staples.

You just have to shop everyday for meats before you cook. 1 meal a day is how a lot of bodybuilders roll, I think it's called intermittent fasting but it works.
>>
>>8629279
Do you have a stove or anything to cook with?

Even if not fruits and veggies will last a week or so without refrigeration. You may get bored of salads and canned food but you can definitely survive pretty easily.

If you can budget to eat out one or two nights a week you probably wouldn't even be bored or uncomfortable with this situation at all.

By the way, if you have electricity, couldn't you go on Craigslist or to a goodwill and cop a microwave or hot plate for, like, 20$?? You shouldn't really be struggling unless there's something you haven't told us..
>>
Thrift stores have electric skillets and griddles for like 5 bucks
>>
If OP doesnt have a car its a pain in the ass.
>>
>>8629509
3 days for anything meat related is disgusting. I've seen the veggies and sauces lasting that long but not meat/milk for longer than 12 hours.

>>8629279
Just buy a coolbox and purchase ice - find someone in the hotel to share the cost of. Check if maybe the hotel has an ice machine for cheap. Invest in whey protein powder.
>>
>>8629560
Who said he's living in a hotel?
>>
>>8629279
Soylent
>>
>>8629475
Eggs need refrigerating in the USA thanks to retarded standards.
>>
>>8629279
Get a pressure cooker. Rent a mini fridge.
>>
>>8629527
>canned everything
I'm in a sort of similar situation. I have mostly canned shit. Is this not going to kill me? How can someone handle all that sodium for a month straight.
>>
>>8629517
> no fridge, no microwave

Microwave. Stove. Different things.
>>
>>8629752
didn't know that. guess one more reason to be ONSESSED about amerifats.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.