[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I couldn't find something obvious, so I improvised: >tomato

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: photo_2017-02-26_21-40-15.jpg (69KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-02-26_21-40-15.jpg
69KB, 720x1280px
I couldn't find something obvious, so I improvised:

>tomato paste
>vegetable stock
>grated gouda
>bengal curry abomination
>salsa sauce
>onion & garlic powder
>sugar, chili salt
>drowned crushed taco shells in it
Tastes okay, actually.

Improvised food thread?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170226-155419.jpg (1MB, 1440x1261px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170226-155419.jpg
1MB, 1440x1261px
One time I was making conchigliette with Bolognese and was pretty much all ready to go until I realized I had no ground beef. I just took the casings off some Italian sausages. Was pretty great actually.
>>
>>8621587
Now I feel like an amateur. Still, thanks for that idea.
>>
File: ed6.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ed6.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>>8621596
If you do it make sure the mead the sausages so they're no longer sausage shaped and won't clump together. Also if it makes you feel any better I can't make soups yet.
>>
>>8621530
I rarely cook off a recipe anymore, in truth
tonight was a simple salad (chive, cheese, olives, tomato, vinaigrette) with some leftover ham
literally what I could scrounge from an almost empty fridge
>>
>>8621615
> I can't make soups yet
why?
>>
>>8621631
I have no idea how, but to be fair I've never tried.
>>
>>8621668
soup is just watered down stew
start by sauteeing a mirepoix, add stock, put in whatever else (fish, fowl, more veggies), blammo. soup.
>>
>>8621685
How do you make stock?
>>
>>8621702
put bones and leftover scraps of meat in a pot with some water and optionally some mirepoix, simmer until it is reduced, like, a lot, and becomes sticky, skimming off any foam from the top

at that point you either cool it off and use it, or clarify it using greens and egg white, if you want a fancy see-through stock (you don't, only faggots care about that)

four hours of simmering for cow/pig, two-three for birds, one hour for fish
>>
Wanted chili dogs, had no chili.

Took homemade Italian marinara, leftover grilled bbq turkey meatballs - broken up, and added bunch of cumin, onion powder, chili powder and cayenne.

Served on top of crappy no-name hotdogs with some cheese and diced onion.

10/10 actually worked.
>>
File: beef-stew.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
beef-stew.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
>>8621685
Stew just isn't a stew without a bit of roux to thicken it up.

You can pack as much into a soup as you want, if the stock is translucent, it's soup in my opinion.
>>
File: 1484116234949.jpg (10KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
1484116234949.jpg
10KB, 250x195px
>>8621735
Thanks Anon, I love you. I think I'll make a soup this week.
>>
>>8621765
you are welcome
>>8621754
> roux
found the frog-lover. would you call goulash a soup, you crooked baguette?
>>
File: Snapchat-1389828498-1.jpg (1MB, 1440x1380px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1389828498-1.jpg
1MB, 1440x1380px
No pics, but i made a chicken breast stuffed with tomato, peppers, mozarella, and parsley. I rubbed the outside with a blend of spices and salt. Then i tied the whole thing up with twine, stuck some stolen rosemary twigs between the twine and chicken, and sauted it. After that i wrapped it in tinfoil so i could cook it in water with pasta, since i didnt want to pull out an other pan. After the pasta was done i gave that bitch a nice sear, tasted excellent. Pic is from when i was chopping the peppers, I was very high the whole time I was cooking.
>>
>>8621771
Dunno about the resident Q, but over here in the Reich, we distinguish between gloulash soup and goulash period.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.