[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retard here, we're right with the fact that to cook (most)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Retard here, we're right with the fact that to cook (most) rice you must clean it before, put it in a saucepan with a two to one ratio, wait until it boils, reduce the heat and let it cook on simmer for 15 minutes right ?

Then why the fuck is my rice emitting huge ass bubbles with it cooks with the lid on ? Looks like i'm cooking soap.
>>
>>8621098
That always happens. Not sure why desu senpai
>>
File: 1487334158326.gif (2MB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1487334158326.gif
2MB, 209x213px
>>8621107
Not sure why either, maybe i didn't clean it thoroughly enough ? On the other hand i don't see myself cleaning my rice for one hour before cooking.
>>
>>8621098
>huge ass bubbles
sounds like your boiling not simmering. turn your heat down
>>
>>8621143
This
Steam the rice, don't boil it
>>
>>8621143
>>8621150
I will try but it was actually on low. It didn't look like the typical boiling bubbles though, that's the strange part.
>>
>>8621222
As always make sure everything you're using is washed after use and I'll generally rinse pots/pans out before using if they've sat around unused for awhile
>>
File: 1470465743050.jpg (235KB, 1200x961px) Image search: [Google]
1470465743050.jpg
235KB, 1200x961px
Actually on this topic, are these rice washing bowls a meme? I was shopping for a new mesh strainer and saw these. Always hated cleaning rice out of my strainer

>>8621222
Try cooking it without the lid on. If that's the case and it still does it, you can rule it out. I've cooked rice without a lid on all the time and it comes off
>>
>>8621426

I have one of those and use it every time I make rice. Rinse it three times, let it soak for 20 minutes or so, then cook it. Buy decent rice, too.
>>
>>8621222

Do you cook the rice on a small burner or a large burner?

When I cook rice on large burners, I tend to get the bubble problem.

Also, I tend to let the rice cook for 25 minutes; maybe 30 if it's brown rice.
>>
I've never washed it. Is this a /ck/ meme?
My rice turns out perfect everytime.
>>
>>8621098
Fuck off, Jack
>>
>>8621426

helpful but not necessary.
>>
>>8623160

Everyone in my country washes the rice. Not sure if my country loves memes or you're just calling anything that's popular a "meme"
>>
>>8621222
The hot water will free starch out of the rice, no amount of washing can completely negate this. The bubbles are just the steam and starch water.
>>
All these people struggling to cook rice. Just get a rice cooker and never think about rice again.
>>
>>8623227
I'll be your rice cooker. Fill me with your white rice, boy!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.