[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whiskey thread? Whiskey thread. Let's do this. Recommendations,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: whiskey1.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
whiskey1.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Whiskey thread?

Whiskey thread.

Let's do this. Recommendations, advice, current favorites, whiskey's you hate.
>>
Gonna need a good Islay recommendation. I am a huge fan of Laphraoig Quarter Cask and Ardbeg Uigeadail. Been thinking of buying Lagavulin 16. Is it worth the pricetag?
>>
american """craft""" whiskeys: have you had one that is worth a damn?

a """craft""" distiller told me last week that the aging for a lot of the scotchy scotch is necessary mainly because the product that goes in the barrels is pretty nasty - the foreshots, the heads, the tails, all of it goes in. and if it were cleaner it would get better at a younger age.
>>
>>8617928
I think so, but if you want something that's a little more subtle, go with Caol Ila. If you've got a Costco near by, I've seen them go for $45/bottle.

>>8617962
Stranahan's pretty good, but I'm not sure if that counts as a "craft" whisky. I did find a very small distillery in Brooklyn, NY. It was called Kings County Distillery, near the Naval Docks, and they made a bourbon from locally sourced corn and such. I have to say that while their bourbon is very smooth, it is a bit on the sweet side. They also had a unique bourbon as it was a chocolate whisky. One of the NY Local chocolatiers, Mast Brothers, gives their used cacao husks to King's County and are soaked in the whisky, resulting in a darker and definitely dark chocolate whisky. I personally thought it was unique.
>>
>>8618146
That sounds really interesting. Do you have a link or anything or do I have to travel to Brooklyn
>>
>>8618155
Here's their website: http://kingscountydistillery.com/products/

As for where you can buy, try K&L as I believe they do shipping. http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1162874 Do look around a bit as that was the first place I thought of.
>>
File: 1484619940812.jpg (69KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1484619940812.jpg
69KB, 400x299px
>>8618172
Cool, I appreciate it
>>
Edradour. Especially their Sassicaia finish.
>>
Macallan 12 is a personal favourite but I'm finishing a bottle of Oban 14 that my grandpa gave me. it's a bit to peaty for me, but it's growing on me
>>
>>8617962
I don't know what a "craft" whiskey is, but where I use to live was a local distillery that made a phenominal rye. It's called Dry Fly (which is the company's name) wheat whiskey.
>>
>>8617906
can anyone reccomend me some good bourbons? ive tried buffalo trace, bulleit and four roses and loved those
>>
>>8620199
elmer t lee
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.