[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJU iWdM__Qw I saw this a w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: linguine-aglio-e-olio.jpg (55KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
linguine-aglio-e-olio.jpg
55KB, 1200x900px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUiWdM__Qw

I saw this a while back and decided to give it a shot last night. I always get a little paranoid before trying a new recipe and I found a few differences amongst the different recipes that I saw. I'll try to break them down a little bit to help you out:

-Rather than heat the oil and garlic over medium heat, use low heat. 2-3 on my gas range was the perfect temperature, but whatever you feel will slowly add color to the garlic over 5-6 minutes. Low and slow is better so as not to interfere with the taste of the olive oil nor burn the garlic.
-Add the chili flakes earlier if you like it on the spicier side of things. I added 1/2 tsp as soon as I put in the garlic and whew, it was good. Watch your heat if you put them in early as you don't want them to burn.
-The lemon juice doesn't pop up in many recipes, but I'd say it's absolutely amazing in here. The acidity really helps cut through the oily sauce.
-I used fettucini, but I've seen it with linguine, spaghetti, and angel hair. Personally I like the broader flat noodles, but pick your favorite.
-Chop your parsley fine! Some recipes did it really rough but that tends to lend itself toward overly herby bites when you get those chunks and less of a balance when you get little to no parsley in a bite.
-Lastly, I used some freshly grated parmesan to finish it off. Again, this only popped up in some of the recipes, but the smoky saltiness really added something. Adjusted your salt elsewhere as needed.

Very simple dish, only takes maybe 20 minutes from start to finish (prep and everything), and tastes really great. Easy dish for a date if you're trying to impress!
>>
>>8617453
pasta aglio olio, if you really, really want to impress your date
>>
>>8617496
I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or not, lol. That's what I was trying to say, great simple dish to impress.

Has anybody else tried it? I'm interested to hear what additions or adjustments or other recipes that are deceptively simple.
>>
>>8617744
Yes, I like the method of steeping the garlic at very low heat in the olive oil so it infuses the oil completely. I can't think of anything to change in your recipe other than really excelling with homemade pasta. But that would be for that one you're desperate to bed, and finally got her over for a homecooked meal.
>>
File: 20170119_175400.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170119_175400.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>8617744
A deceptively simple "exotic" soup that will impress is Tom Yum Goong, a hot and sour Thai soup. Full of complex flavors, but really easy. My pic is missing the Thai basil, but it still came out damn good.
>>
>>8617960
What are the back two items on the right? I see shrimp, mushrooms, chilis, garlic, ginger, and what looks like lemongrass. Plus the thai basil, but I don't recognize the others. Looks good, though!
>>
>>8617970
The little bowl is half fish sauce and half fresh lime juice. The pan is shrimp stock made by simmering the shells for 30 minutes. You put the lemon grass, galangal (or ginger), garlic, thai basil, lemon grass, thai peppers and mushrooms in the shrimp stock and simmer for 15 minutes add shrimp and fish sauce/lime juice for 3 minutes or so. Have some chopped cilantro in bowls and ladle into it. You could even cut down the hassle by using chicken broth instead of homemade shrimp stock. Really simple, but seems impressive.
>>
>>8617453
This is simple and classic. Old boy should have just smashed the cloves with the flat side of his knife; would have made his snark on the allrecipies new mum tier skinning method more effective, and belies the hipster nature of the vid. Anchovies, capers, garlic, red pepper is a better quick get some pasta though. This is "let's hope we get to second base" meal.
>>
>>8618445
*after appologizing for fumbling and ruining the clasp on her $80 bra
>>
>>8618452
Sounds like that one's spoken from experience.

I've never fiddled with anchovies, either on pizza or elsewhere. Can I find them in the grocery store for that type of recipe? Does the dish have a name I could look up to get measurements and whatnot?

>>8618019
That sounds really legit, man. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to give that a shot soon.
>>
Is a garlic heavy meal a good idea for a first date? I've always hesitated at the thought of it.
>>
>>8617453
>lemon

Fuck you.
>>
>>8617453
imo lemon and pepper add unnecessary notes to a very simple dish. Anchovies and capers I think are more appropriate since they're more subtle. Also the video is shit he doesn't even know how to peel garlic. And there really shouldn't be any browning.
>>
>>8617453
what if i experimented with beef/pork tallow instead of oil?

hmmmmm.
>>
>>8617453
Simple and fast, i like this dish too
I cant agree about parmesan but everything else is good
Would say only a few drops of lemon and parsley not too thin or you lose much flavour
But those are little things
>>
>>86189https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12168-midnight-pasta-with-garlic-anchovy-capers-and-red-pepper04

The much maligned 'chovy is a humble and delicious little flavor bomb, a secret weapon for soups, stews and sauces. Don't neglect them.
>>
>>8619579
Naw, it went just fine! If you're both garlicky, it's hard to tell the difference really.

>>8619817
Is it because it isn't traditional? Don't be upset.

>>8620119
Agreed, I definitely would say don't overdo it on the lemon. It helps cut through the oil, but too much drowns out the other flavors. If I would cut something, the parmesan would probably be it.
>>
>>8620654
>>8618904
Whoops.
>>
>>8619868
Same thing that happens if you cook anything else in tallow.
1. It becomes delicious
2. It becomes illegal to serve in New York City.

Seriously. Check out this video of a chef-proprietor getting his shit closed down mid-service by the food nazis in NY, mid-service, for selling tallow-fried veal brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
>>
>>8620707
nice try
>>
>>8617453
Not to be a hipster but I was making this dish before I knew it had a name.

Plus it is only a few steps from shrimp scampi.

Easy recipe here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/linguine-with-shrimp-scampi-recipe3
>>
>>8620777
Well, now you know the name! Not a bad scampi recipe, but I actually prefer mine without chile flakes, and also prefer some white wine and scallions.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.