[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question: does the food you feed an animal actually affect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1487831448524.png (167KB, 1222x628px) Image search: [Google]
1487831448524.png
167KB, 1222x628px
Quick question: does the food you feed an animal actually affect how it will taste later? I'm in a position to receive a few young chickens and hogs, and I want to know if there's stuff I can do to make them tastier.

Also looking for tasty chicken and pork recipes.
>>
I can't imagine for a second that anyone will reply to this thread having actually read your post content.
>>
>>8615290
Is this considered a shitpost on this board? This is honestly my first time on /ck/.
>>
File: goVegan.png (45KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
goVegan.png
45KB, 260x260px
>>
>>8615429
No, it's a perfectly acceptable post that we could honestly do with more of.

You just broke the cardinal rule of never starting a thread with a more interesting image than your post content.

In answer to your question, yes, it absolutely makes a difference. I knew a guy who kept chickens and fed them a diet of corn and mealworms, and those were some delicious chickens. Can't speak for pigs though.
>>
>>8615469

It's the same with pigs. If you go to a farmer's market and buy pastured pork, it will taste completely superior to supermarket pork. This also applies to the flesh of other animals, and the flavor of animal products like milk and eggs. The more natural the animal's diet and living conditions, the tastier everything it produces will be.
>>
>>8615484
Oh, I'm aware. I meant I can't speak for which foods might improve the taste of pork.
>>
>>8615506

Whatever they find in the wild usually does the trick, but chestnuts are particularly good for tasty pork.
>>
>>8615206
>Also looking for tasty chicken and pork recipes

Just roast the meat with some salt, pepper and vegetable oil and eat with some baked potatoes. Why would you go to great lengths to get tasty meat when all you can taste are the various spices? In the olden times spices were used to mask the taste of poor quality, or meat that had gone off.
>>
>>8615206
Grass fed cows have a really light tasting milk compared to grain fed ones. I prefer grain fed.
>>
>>8616211
>I don't like healthier milk
durrrr muh conjugated linoleic acid
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.