[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the presentation of food important to you? Can you psychologically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is the presentation of food important to you? Can you psychologically ruin a meal for yourself if you think it wasn't presented well?
>>
>>8613957

Well prepared food looks good no matter how you "present" it. If it looks like dogshit that means it probably wasn't cooked properly, or contains sub-par or rotten ingredients.
>>
>>8613980
You can prepare a good dish and just pile it all on top of each other and the presentation can actually ruin the ingredients as they muddle into each other.

>>8613957
We do eat with our eyes first, it's not hard to take 20-30 seconds to make sure something is plated in an appetizing manner instead of just slopped on the plate like prison food.
>>
>>8613957
I don't really care about presentation much. Most things I cook I can just slap on a plate and they'll look appetizing on their own. You can care about presentation if you're trying to impress your guest or the object of your desires, or if you just enjoy having a fancy dinner once in a while. That and I guess presentation is mandatory in good restaurants for most people.
>>
>>8613957
A good looking pile of shit is still shit.
A bad looking piece of heaven is still heaven.
>>
Ingredient quality is #1, taste being a close 2nd.

I don't care what it looks like.

However, when I cook for other people I always try to make sure it looks nice.
>>
>>8613957
The only way plating affects the dish is if the foods touch
Which is bad
>>
Meatloaf in the shape of an infant
>>
i'm not too fussy but i draw the line and oxidization and most bruised or mealy produce
>>
It all depends on where I'm eating. If it's just a simple home cooked meal with somebody or I'm getting a bite to eat at the local diner I don't really expect much more than the food slapped onto a plate but if I'm at a nice high end restaurant it better be expertly plated and presented.
>>
>>8613957
If I'm paying big dollars to eat at a nice place I expext the food to look as good on the plate as it tastes. If I'm at a cheap place with great food I don't care. But if I'm eating with a plastic fork from a fucking styrofoam container that food had better be really fucking great AND cheap. At home I try to plate food nicely, but I don't really put that much effort into it because I'm not trying to impress anyone.
>>
Personally I hate sauce dribbled on a plate, it just makes no sense to me.
>>
>>8614050
>Ingredient quality is #1, taste being a close 2nd.

So if some pleb cooked the finest ingredients in a microwave and it ended up tasting like shit it would still have more value to you than something that tastes good?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.