[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys post some of your favourite recipes, I am looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: favorite-recipes.gif (40KB, 2448x938px) Image search: [Google]
favorite-recipes.gif
40KB, 2448x938px
Can you guys post some of your favourite recipes, I am looking for somethings I can cook and get 4 portions, i like to eat one portion right away, keep one in the fridge and 2 in the freezer then I always have home cooked food to eat.

Every time I search google It just comes up with these "10 best recipe" bullshit and it's recipes for single portions.

preferably cheap recipes if possible but all are welcome.

I normally cook things like chilli and Shepard/cottage pies, fish pies, pasta bakes, soups, quiches, but I want to diversify and find new things.

Also a lot of recipe websites I visit are not up to much either, try looking on pinterest and other places but they are all samey kind of 1 or 2 portion meals. Do you have any favourite recipe websites or youtube channels?

a lot of recipes I am finding that are written by users on recipe sharing sites are just awful, like one recipe called for 2-3 TABLESPOONS of flour to thicken a sauce.... TABLESPOONS.. i used 3 teaspoons and it was perfect, if i had followed the recipe I would have had thick bread soup.

thank you!
>>
File: Linsen-Spatzle-7-edited-2.jpg (70KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Linsen-Spatzle-7-edited-2.jpg
70KB, 800x533px
>>8613951

Swabian Lentils with Spaetzle. I recommend Knackwurst to pair with it.

-5 slices thick cut bacon, diced
-1 large yellow onion, finely diced
-1 tablespoon butter
-1 carrot, finely diced
-1 leek, finely chopped, thoroughly rinsed and drained
-1 pound dried brown lentils, rinsed and drained (no need to soak)
-7 cups beef broth
-1 bay leaf
-1 teaspoon salt
-¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1 teaspoon white sugar
-¼ cup white vinegar
-A bunch of fucking Spätzle

1. Cook the bacon over medium-high heat until done. Transfer to a plate. Cook the onion until soft and translucent 5-7 minutes. Add the butter, carrots and leek and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the lentils, bacon, broth, bay leaf, salt, pepper and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Add the vinegar and parsley and simmer another 3-4 minutes. If too thick for your taste, add a little extra beef broth. Add more salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar to taste.
3. Serve over hot Homemade German Spätzle with a sausage (preferably German Saitenwurst if you can find it).
>>
>>8613951
bouef bourguignon was my favorite when i was cooking for myself,soups are also great for eating multiple days. also it doesnt harm to make large batches of something when you got some time and freeze it, i regulary do dumplings,springrolls,bolognese,stock for soups and other things.
for dumplings ill write you down a quick recipe for the filling,buy frozen wonton wrappers, for the rest you can easily find standard recipes online.
>500g fatty pork
>4 springonions
>1 tbsp shaoxing wine
>1 tbsp sugar,1tbsp salt,1tsp pepper
>some very finely minced ginger
anything else you want, sliced dried shitake,a dash of soysauce...

if you want to be extrasure sear a tiny amount of the mixture and taste it, adjust.
id just bulk it and do that with 1-1.5 kg of pork, chill in front of the tv for 1 hour and just fold dumplings, maybe get a friend to help to speed it up. for best result freeze seperately, then combine in a bag/box when frozen, serve with black vinegar or any other sauce you like
>>
>>8613995

very nice, I like this, simple and I get to try making homemade Spätzle for the first time. ty.

>>8614009

Excellent! once again simple and something new I can try. do you have a spring roll recipe by chance? love spring rolls but I only get them when I order Chinese takeout, never made my own before. ty.
>>
>>8614032
get thin ricepapers at the asian store, its vietnamese writing on it and they should be the thinnest they have, size is about 40cm diameter.
fattyporkmince+spring onions+a dash fishsauce+thinly slice oyster mushrooms+woodear mushrooms (you can get both dried, they are also very good for broths/stocks so they are not only good for this recipe)+shredded carrots
rest is pretty much the same, if youre unsure sear a small amount and adjust, get comfy, get a bowl of warm water and a large cuttingboard/plate. wet a sheet of ricepaper with your hands, add some filling in the lower middle,fold sides over and roll up. when you are done:
you always fry them twice for best results, freezing typically takes place after the first fry (from there, like the dumplings you can cook directly from frozen,fry 2nd time in this case). eat with fishsauce+chilis if you feel authentic, otherwise any other sauce also tastes great.
same as the dumplings this requires some actual effort, but its very worth it if you have many,many meals worth of good homemade food in the freezer thats done in 4 min from frozen, they also last pretty much indefinitely
>>
>>8614093

perfect! thanks.
>>
>>8614093
forgot to add, you got a ot of leeway since you use fatty meat and some added liquid, basically even if you do bad the result will be very good, the only fuckup would be to use very lean meat. so no need to be intimidated, cant really fuck this one up
>>
>>8614124

how long do you fry for the first time? until they are completely golden then frying again the second time just to heat up? or half golden then finish frying fully on the 2nd fry?
>>
>>8614105
and i also forgot adding soaked very thin ricenoodles (vermicelli) to the springrollmix, about half the amunt of the porkmince, thats it from me, i promise. good luck
>>
File: springrolls.jpg (114KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
springrolls.jpg
114KB, 800x533px
>>8614164
they should be edible basically , aka no raw meat inside, lightly browned, but the deep browning happens during the 2nd fry.
pic related is how theyll look after the 2nd fry.
itll probably be around 4-5 minutes per batch, but youll see/feel when they arent mushy anymore and then test if they are done
>>
>>8613995
Had this yesterday for the first time (as a german). Shit's delicious god bless my schwäbisch roommate
>>
>>8614183

great!
>>
File: Dutch Baby Pancake.jpg (158KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Dutch Baby Pancake.jpg
158KB, 1000x750px
>>8613951
Dutch baby pancake / German pancake

I saute some green apples in butter & brown sugar to to them and guest always go wild. Plus the pancake looks bad ass /crazy when you take it out of the oven and it is all puffed up.

https://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/GermanPancake.htm

works best in cast iron pan & with a mixer to make.
>>
>>8614210
Do you just make the pancake, cook the apples separate then serve over the top of pancake?

do you have any weights for butter and sugar and apples? diced apples or segments?

A+ sounds delicious
>>
>>8614264
yes, the apples are cooked separately.

I don't have weights, but there are lots of recipes for dutch baby/german pancakes online and I'm sure some use weight instead of cups for ingredients.

Just make sure you are using a recipe that doesn't skimp on butter.
>>
>>8614295

will do, thanks
>>
>>8614210
i want to squish it with my hands
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.