[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to make fried chicken but I have a problem. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: friedchicken.png (3MB, 1920x1142px) Image search: [Google]
friedchicken.png
3MB, 1920x1142px
I'm about to make fried chicken but I have a problem. I always burn the crust and make it turn black as shit. I think it's because the canola oil gets too hot. I know I need it to be at 350f, but unfortunately my stove top could not possibly tell me when that is. Are there any visual cues I can use to tell when the oil is hot enough? Like drop some batter in there and see it bubble or? My goal is to not let it burn the batter before the chicken is cooked. Please help, I don't have a thermometer (I'm an idiot).

Also, does covering the top do anything at all? I don't really get the point of that.
>>
Par-cook your chicken in the microwave and you wont have to fry it as long.
>>
>>8598506
I use a cast iron pan and heat the oil on medium high, place chicken in and turn down to medium low. It's very important to turn the chicken every 5 minutes or so to avoid scorching.
>>
>>8598580
At medium low is the oil just bubbling?
>>
>>8598506
get a fucking thermometer
>>
>>8598620
I'm cooking the last of my food at the moment until my paycheck comes through on Wednesday. I will then.
>>
>>8598590
Well, I'd say it's going at a good clip. On my glasstop I use the #4 setting. For legs it usually takes about 30 minutes to get to 170F.

As the other anon said, a thermometer is best the first few times, then you'll know just by what settings you used to keep the oil around 350F. As long as you're not cooking on high or medium high, if you turn it often, it won't burn on you.
>>
>>8598626

then wait until wednesday
>>
>>8598761
>>8598761
I ended up just putting it on medium low-sh and it turned out fine. Juicy yet crispy.
>>
>>8598506
The key to a good fried chicken is a heavy batter and starting with cold oil.
>>
Alton Brown has a pretty decent YouTube video on pan-frying chicken, I'd link, but I'm on mobile.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.