[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to liquor store with friend >cashier asks me for ID

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 24

File: Stealing_Asuka.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Stealing_Asuka.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>go to liquor store with friend
>cashier asks me for ID
>oh, I'm not here to buy anything
>I still need to see your ID, sir
>Or what? You won't sell me booze? I just told you didn't want any.
>I won't give your friend any alcohol if you don't show it to me
>that's fine, I'll just leave
>I still won't sell it to him unless you show it to
>guess we're both leaving then
>cashier looks at my friend and asks him how he can put up with me
>excuse me, don't insult my friend right in front of me
>go one block over to the other liquor store
>buy alcohol with no trouble
>>
I've always been curious about the policy on this. What if you have your five year old child with you?
>>
canada?
>>
>>8597938
yeah, manitoba
>>
>>8597938
This happens in the US often. Easily avoided by going to the Arabs
>>
>>8597931
i've seen cashiers refuse to sell to someone because they had their young daughter carry a beer up to the counter.
yes canada
>>
>>8597944
While true Canadian liquor control seem to go way overboard on shit like this. Plus not every province has private liquor stores only government ran ones and bureaucrats are assholes.
>>
Just get an uber sticker, put it on your car, and idle outside while your buddy goes in.
>>
>>8597956
I'm old enough, I'm just not giving them my ID for no reason. I was surprised she thought my friend would somehow take her side too. I just laughed at her when she got shut down.
>>
Good job being an asshole to a person just doing their job. Thank you for being a valuable member of society.
>>
>>8597970
Cucks have no place in the new world.
>>
>>8597966
Yes I'm sure you're not underage. There are many reasons why you would refuse to show your ID in one of the scenarios IDs were specifically made for, namely person identification.
>>
>>8597977
Don't worry, I'm sure we can squeeze you in somewhere.
>>
File: Nazi_Asuka.jpg (163KB, 618x867px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi_Asuka.jpg
163KB, 618x867px
>>8597970
lmao yeah, because anyone who is just doing their job is above reproach, that's why it's not okay to criticize the concentration camp workers. They weren't doing anything wrong, they were just doing their job.
>>
>>8597970
Did you expect anything less from a leaf?
>>
>>8597944
>Easily avoided by going to the Arabs
based sand niggers
>>
>>8597979
I'm just as confused as you after reading this thread, buddy. OP seems to think he won some sort of victory against "muh establishment."
>>
>>8597979
Well, I am on an eighteen plus site, and the age to purchase in the locality this occurred is eighteen. You really think I would waste my time lying about this? It's really not a stretch that I'm an adult.
>>
>>8597994
Nah I agree with the OP. It's a stupid policy that can easily be abused and seems to serve no purpose other than to annoy customers. It's not like it actually stops the underage from buying alcohol.
>>
>>8597985
You're comparing a woman refusing to sell alcohol to minors to a nazi working in a concentration camp.
>>
File: 30a.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>8598007
>>
>>8598013
I'm not a minor, and I hardly think you can "refuse" to sell something to someone who does not desire it. Maybe you can, but the point is moot. Anyway, what's the problem? What difference does the job make? If someone is doing wrong, it does not make it right just because it's their job.
>>
>>8598020
You can refuse customers for any reason. You'll probably lose your job if it's unwarranted, but you can.
Also, she is doing her job by the book. Her job is to make sure minors don't purchase alcohol, or have adults purchase it for them. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you're right and she's in the wrong. Please consider that maybe the world doesn't revolve around your under-developed body.
>>
This whole thing is retarded. It's a liquor store. You need to be 21 to enter in the United States. It's no different than a marijuana dispensary, or a night club or whatever. If you don't have ID, then you need to leave. Only difference is the others card you immediately.
>>
>>8597924
You sound insufferable. If he was going to insist anyway just go to the other liquor store immediately. He didn't create the law you idiot.
>>
Why couldn't you just stay in thhe vehicle? You're like a sovereign citizen who goes out of their way to goad officers into pulling you over only to waa.

You can'lt live 5 minutes without your buddy? Everyone in this thread going against your silly victory is right.
>>
>>8598033
Nazis did their job by the book too. Your argument is invalid. Something being written in a book doesn't make what is wrong or foolish, right or correct.
>>
>>8598051
You are probably one of the stupidest people on the internet. Well done.
>>
>>8598044
>>8598051

lmao you sound like an asshole, i am also wondering how your 'friend' puts up with you
>>
File: happyasuka.jpg (26KB, 593x449px) Image search: [Google]
happyasuka.jpg
26KB, 593x449px
>>8598057
HEY I NOTICED YOU WERE UNABLE TO REFUTE MY ARGUMENT WHY IS THAT? Could it be that I damaged your position so totally it was unsalvageable and you had to abandon it? It really helps to not start with dumb arguments, that way, you tend to win more. That's a tip from a winner.
>>
>>8598063
Not much to it really, we get along. Unfortunately for him, he's lost a great deal of his lately. I might be his last one. Funny how things worked out in regards to that.
>>
>>8598066
Statement still stands.
>>
File: cptr.jpg (18KB, 354x326px) Image search: [Google]
cptr.jpg
18KB, 354x326px
>>8598041

>you need to be 21 to enter a liquor store
>>
>>8598110
Incorrect. It has crumbled like the weak facade it was. "just doing your job" is not a valid justification.
>>
>>8598111
The point is to buy something. Unless you want to lurk the aisles for some reason. Even if it's cigarettes you still need ID.
>>
>>8598114
Are you NEET by chance? Not doing your job is how you get fired.
>>
>>8598124
not my concern.
>>
>>8598048
>STAY IN THE VEHICLE OR YOU WILL BE TASED
>>
>>8597924
This shit is annoying as fuck and so easily beat it blows my mind.
Me and girlfriend shop in store split up before purchase. Only one of us get carded.
It's fucking nothing.
Started doing that after she forgot her I'd one day and had op happen.
>>
>walk into a gun store with your "friend"
>act shifty as fuck
>gun store guy says "no straw purchases"
>AM I BEING DETAINED? AM I BEING DETAINED?
Don't put people in an awkward situation and you won't be inconvenienced

If you are too autistic to grasp this, you belong in a group home
>>
Hey fellow leaf, I just saw you on /pol/.

The liquor store employee was excessive, but can we agree that that raging about letting a senior citizen check your receipt is even more douchey?
>>
>>8597931
I work for Wal-mart, our policy is that if you look under 40 years old, you need to provide ID. This goes for everyone in the group, everyone needs to have a valid ID or we aren't allowed to sell it to you.

However, if there is a young child in the group, that's not a problem. Pretty much anyone who looks to be around 21 years old needs to be ID checked.

The same goes for items that can only be sold to 18 year olds. However only one person in a group is required to provide id for 17 year old restricted items if they look under 40, providing that they're the one paying for it.
>>
>>8598389
I realized I could get more miles out of my story. I posted it here first though. Anyway, uh, honestly, I don't even get asked for my receipt that often, but I don't generally just going around being an asshole for no reason, so I'd probably just let the old lady look at it.
>>
>>8598396
>more miles
so, shitflinging and dumb arguments?
>>
>>8598114
>>8598127
Well, when you look at it from the clerks perspective, your job involves complying with various federal & state laws- so when checking ids helps avoid fines, getting sued, putting your business under, "just doing your job" starts to sound pretty fucking reasonable instead of just doing what Anon wants.

You have the reasoning skills of a fucking child. If you're such a hero for ID laws then why don't you lobby to have them changed, or run for office as the champion of this cause. Nope. Wait. Hassling liquor store clerks is the true mechanism for social change. Keep fighting the ridiculous injustice, man. You'll beat those Nazis one day...
>>
>>8598438
>if you don't patronize my store you're a dumb child
>>
>>8598438
>>8598454
I was in 7/11 a few months back and the clerk outright refused to sell to this 18 year old kid even though he had a valid ID because his buddy didn't have an id on him. Come to think of it, one time the clerk refused my ID because he claimed it didn't look like me...I'd gained 40 lbs since the pic was taken but still hurtful af
>>
>>8597941
hey another manitoban. which liquor store?
>>
>>8598454
retail wagecucks are easily triggered and VERY entitled. Virtuous poor and all that.
>>
>>8597931
To make sure the legal person isn't buying alcohol for the potentially illegal person.

It's a stupid law that doesn't work most of the time.
>>
>>8597931
My dad would pick me up from school and stop at the liquor store when we got groceries and such on the way home, the alcohol pushers never said a thing, in fact they even had those little coin operated candy dispensers so I think parents bringing their kids along is not uncommon.

Still have never had a problem if I go to the liquor store with my dad, even though I'm 20 now, maybe it's because we don't look like a teenager hanging out with a 21 year old buying cheap beer to get wasted.

All in all I think liquor store employees have common sense and they're legally allowed to refuse service to anyone, especially if they think that an underage is going to get their hands on their product.
>>
>try to buy liquor at the LCBO with a friend
>ID please
>Give paper interim driver's license (license and health cards in the mail still)
> Sir we can't accept this, needs to be govt issued photo ID
> Okay. Give them my firearms license
> Uh... What is this.
> It's a national firearms license, issues by the govt
> Um... One moment. I'll need to get the manager
> Manager comes , brings a giant ass binder and flips through it for a few minutes
> Manager: I'm sorry sir we can't accept this.
> But it's govt issued photo ID
> I'm sorry, we cant scan it. We can't take it
> So I'm allowed to purchase a gun but not a bottle of wine?
> I'm sorry sir
> This is bullshit
> I'm sorry sir, you're going to have to leave and we can't sell to your friend either
> Wow what the fuck
> Go to another LCBO 5 mins away
> Guy looks at my gun license for 2 secs, I buy my booze

Why the FUCK did I move to Ontario
>>
>>8598558
they don't let you keep your old license when it's being updated? you can't just bring your passport for situations like this?

TBQH you didn't miss out, LCBO has a garbage selection of drinks speaking as a merilard
>>
I'm 22 and I never get ID'd at my local ABC.
>>
>>8598568
No they didn't let me keep my old license. I asked if I could have it, but they needed to destroy it, apparently. And I don't carry my passport around with me everywhere

I agree with you that the LCBO is shit... However it's your only option if you want to buy booze in this retarded province, other than ''beer store' but that's the same thing
>>
>>8598578
at least you can be smug with your havana club and a cuban cigar
>>
>>8598115

>moves goalposts and still goes on about liquor stores being like marijuana clinics even though you can buy all sorts of non age-restricted things there

Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>8598454
>>8598479
I've never worked at a liquor store but I was a bartender for a little while in a college town and can tell you nobody gives two fucks if some ass blasted teenager 'doesn't feel like showing id' even if they are of age and don't want to drink. Not putting up with you and your rules-are-dumb bullshit attitude would not be worth your 30$ anyways. Seriously. Ask them if they give a fuck if you go somewhere else. They don't. They actually want that.

I don't understand how someone can live to be legal drinking age and still not pick up how this fucking system works, but I'll go ahead and spell it out for you...
If they get caught not taking reasonable measures to ensure minors aren't buying alcohol from them they can be fined a lot of money. This is bad for business and opposite of their goal. Which includes staying in business and not loosing money.
>>
>>8598393

>being this indoctrinated

I feel sorry for you
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 531x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 531x699px
>>8598568
>American
>passport
Oh, do come on.
>>
We all know that underage shitters get older friends and siblings to do liquor runs for them.
You know it, I know it, and the liquor shop knows it too.

So the cashier is required to check your ID incase you're an underage shitter stupid enough to be in the damned store with your buddy while he buys the liquor, since buying liquor for minors is illegal.

All you're doing is being a complete cunt to someone who doesn't want to get fired for giving liquor to a minor.
>>
>>8598594
who would go to the liquor store to buy peanuts? Honestly, if I was the cashier and someone tried that I would ID them just for keks.
>>
>>8598606
in fairness I would not be considered an American in some parts of America because I do "fag stuff" like eating at nice restaurants, riding a bicycle to work, and reading books without pictures in them
>>
>>8598637

You seem like a total fucking idiot so I doubt you'd even be able to get that job. For the record OP is a fag but I can't even imagine the kind of person who agrees with this nanny state bullshit.
>>
>>8598658
>using the term "nanny state"
>calling someone else an idiot
People who get triggered by someone else knowing what's right for them, generally need someone to tell them what to do for their own good
>>
>>8598479
amen. Not like I started throwing bottles, I just let them cost themselves a sale.
>>
>>8598665

>the gubment knows best let them live your life for you and have your id ready at all times

I can tell you're a Canadian because of how much authoritative jizz you just spat up.
>>
>>8598680
nope, guess again fire challenge kun

protip: if you drink bleach it will prove that you really value your sovereignty
>>
File: Avvakum_by_Myasoyedov.jpg (174KB, 772x495px) Image search: [Google]
Avvakum_by_Myasoyedov.jpg
174KB, 772x495px
>>8598641
Try some of that stuff down here in Mississippi, faggot, and my buds and I will invite you to a BBQ where you're the main event.
>>
File: 1400898533230.jpg (564KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1400898533230.jpg
564KB, 1000x1000px
>>8598066
You already lost the argument by invoking Godwin's Law, you stupid fucking moron.
>>
File: 465641988.jpg (529KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
465641988.jpg
529KB, 1024x683px
>>8598697
>you lost
>cause I said so
>>
>>8598708
You're not right because you say so.
>>
>>8598712
I'm right because you gave up and abandoned your argument and chose just to start doling out insults. That is what losers do.
>>
>>8598714
My post was a new IP. Just letting you know you invoked Godwin's Law, therefore, argument is null and void, disregarding the fact you never had one in the first place.

Good day.
>>
>>8598726
>jews dying is literally irrelevant to me because people who are just doing their job are above criticism

okay, then, whatever you say, coldheart.
>>
>>8598393
This does seem to be the policy at Walmart and as a man in his 30s who fucked 19 year olds it was inconvenient as shit for me. Especially so when I was just buying groceries that included some beer. Do they really think these Natty Daddies are for someone other than me? I learned to just send the girls to the car so I could check out by myself. The liquor store gave no fucks though. I openly discussed what they might want to drink and bought it with them standing right beside me.
>>
>>8598739
>jews dying is literally irrelevant

Means the oven's free
>>
>>8598114
clerk here, we agree that it's a stupid law and most of the times it doesn't matter so we won't bother the customers. But if it's our first time seeing you, then we don't know if you're gonna screw us over. That, or you're a supreme jackass and you gave us a reason to be an asshole back. The third reason why we check ID is when we have suspicion of being inspected by either higher ups or government agents. That's really it.
>>
>all these triggered cucks whiteknighting some retarded wageslave just because it happened to be female
O i am laffin
>>
>>8598708
chick in the plaid skirt is fine af
>>
>>8598883
That's the bottom of a sleeveless flannel, lad.
>>
>>8598874
Isn't "wageslave" just nuspeak for "I live off of disability(i.e. Autism) benefits and/or a trust fund?"
>>
>>>/pol/113539729
>>
File: 1487634440748.png (810KB, 727x717px) Image search: [Google]
1487634440748.png
810KB, 727x717px
>>8599253
>>
>>8597924
>sign on entrance clearly states "we ask for ID"
>Cashier can lose their job by not asking
>cashier does their job and asks
>"now you've gone and offended me"

Quit being a fucking child OP.
>>
>an "adult" left their home without their ID
Sounds like you're an idiot. Also when I worked at a liquor store I did the same thing. I don't care if you say you're not going to have any. If you're with the person, it's not your parent, and you look 15 or older, I will ask for your ID.
>>
Same shit happens here in the US. The dumb cashier looks at my friend's card and looks at me and says "that's not you".

Get your fucking eyes checked, lady.
>>
>>8599616
If you'd read the thread he is not being a child he is just really fucking retarded.
>>
>>8597931
I worked for a liquor store for awhile; as long as we don't see money trade hands, or any implications that the alcohol will be given to an underaged person; we only need the ID of the person purchasing. Once money trades hands, we need the ID of everyone involved in the transaction.
>>
>>8597924
They give leniency if it's like your hot 5 year old daughter who you can't leave in the car, but when it's someone who has clearly heard of 4chan in the store, you have to do it. It's a $500 fine against the store (in this state) and the clerk will most likely lose their jobs, in case it ever comes back to them.
They really do send minors in, in situations, to see if liquor stores card and practice their gay ass precautions.
if a fucker wants to get drunk he's going to get drunk, his friend will just wait in the car, it doesn't matter, I agree, but the practice means that you have to practice your part too. just stay outside
>>
File: 1401243436511.png (331KB, 670x472px) Image search: [Google]
1401243436511.png
331KB, 670x472px
>>8598558
>went to LCBO on holiday in Canada
>hand them my UK driving licence
>they get the book out like yours did
>spend 20 mins flicking through trying to find it
>just give them my passport from the bottom of my bag instead
Fucking christ
>>
>go into liquor store a few months ago completely wasted.
>cashier refuses to serve me
>go to other liquor store
>get cab driver to get the booze

GOD WHAT A STUPID BITCH THAT GIRL WAS. REFUSING TO SERVE ME WHEN I WAS WASTED? SHE'S JUST LIKE A CONCENTRATION CAMP WORKER
>>
>>8599920
I doubt very much that's the law in your state because it's ambiguous. In my state the law says something along the lines of "No one under 21 years of age may purchase or contribute to the purchase of alcoholic beverages" If the law was that no one under 21 years of age could be standing at the counter then besides the obvious question of a parent shopping with their child there's also the question of exactly how far from the counter a person under 21 needs to be. How much contact is a person over 21 allowed to have with a person under 21 in the store? How long must it have been since this contact?

Walmart is literally the only place I know of that does something like this but if you can seriously show me a section of your state's legal code that actually makes it illegal to sell alcohol even in the presence of someone under 21 (but over 10? 12? 14?) please post it.
>>
>>8597924
>Go to liquor store with friend
>Never have this happen
>>
>>8600347
dude I'm not the law, I don't make the law, it's just a store trying to keep itself from getting in trouble. I've forgotten my wallet and been refused alcohol my friend was trying to buy, we go back and I get my wallet and it's all cool.
I'm not the dude you gotta argue the specifics with, and like many things, it's a judgement call. These dudes are paid probably minimum wage and want to keep their job. At least, at the name brand liquor stores I shop at. You go to Spitty's Liquor Wholesale and the hot 17 year old girl who isn't legally allowed to sell alcohol without a 21+ year old present isn't giving you a bottle of 3 olives without tax
they exist, and the ones who do ID two persons together do exist also too
>>
File: 20170131_041656.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170131_041656.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Oh my god fucking cry about it OP. It's the law. The cops run stings to make sure it's followed. If you fail a sting you get like a 300 dollar ticket and lose your job. If you have an ID just fucking show it. You're clearly a 20 year old moron. God I hate stupid kids like you. "BUT I'M NOT DRINKING" You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>8600376
no one here is saying that they have to sell it to you without identification. You're arguing with no one. Even OP wasn't saying that.
>>
>>8600376
It's just stupid. I've actually emailed Walmart's corporate offices about that stupid shit but apparently it actually is there policy and they have no justification for it. Part of their "exceptional morality" image like how they used to sell special radio versions of albums with profanity.

Amazon can't put that shit show out of business fast enough.
>>
File: question.png (418KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
418KB, 600x802px
>>8600380
>show my ID
>when I don't want alcohol

for what purpose?
>>
>>8600389

If you haven't figured that out yet, you're hopeless. I worked in a porn store for 3 years that required ID on entrance and dumb kids like you would be like, but I'm not even buying anything. You're bad. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>8598007
>>8600389
>It's really not a stretch that I'm an adult.
maybe the number on your birth certificate says you're an adult... but your self-reported behavior tells us otherwise
>>
Yes ^ what that guy said
>>
>>8600402
>show my ID
>when I don't want porn

For what purpose?
>>
>ITT: Triggered retail workers

There's so many of them here, and they take it personally when no one cares what they have to say.
>>
>>8600431

When you work retail you get to see how awful people are. Good job being one of those people. When I go to the store and someone asks for my ID I give it to them. Now everyone's happy. It's only morons who get triggered when they need to show it. Shut your cancerous hole.
>>
>>8600431

>y-you are t-triggered

Children are odd
>>
>>8598013
>only nazis had concentration camps
>remember the six gorillion
>hitler was evil
>hurr durr

Good goy.
>>
>>8600450
>it's everyone else who is awful

You know, it's funny, I worked as a cashier once, and the people were just fine. Maybe you have an attitude problem.
>>
>>8598013
And you're just stating the obvious. Why would you just repeat what he said?
>>
>>8600461

There are plenty of fine people. But there is always an OP who whines and whines like its my personal mission to not sell alcohol. " I have an ID but I don't think I should have to show it" Cool then go somewhere else.
>>
>>8600475
But OP wasn't buying alcohol.
>>
File: 1450730958061.jpg (446KB, 2122x968px) Image search: [Google]
1450730958061.jpg
446KB, 2122x968px
>manager at retail chain
>have people flip their shit all the time about having to show idea to purchase booze
>literally always older white people
>dumb fucks leave their ID in the car while taking the rest of their wallet with them
>had some old bitch cry for 5 minutes about it because she didn't have an ID
>smile and say it's corporate policy
>goes away booze-less and crying

Talk about first world problems. People fucking crying about having to take 5 seconds to flash an ID. Also, who the fuck leaves an ID in the car at home when you have a wallet or a purse. I frequent a liquor and always show my ID because it's the fucking law.
>>
>>8600477

Cool story bro.
>>
>>8600480

I HAVE AN ID BUT I DON'T WANNA SHOW IT, YOU'RE JUST BEING UNREASONABLE WAAAHHHH
>>
>>8600461
Worked at a customer service desk for longer than you. 2% of customers are pleasant to deal with, actually kind and understanding. The rest treat you like a degenerate, will not take no for an answer, and never thank you for your service. Your average rich jobless wife comes in looking to start shit because her life is boring.

>customers are just misunderstood by the service community

Fuck that trash
>>
>>8600480
>old bitch
If she's old, why are you asking for ID?
>>
>>8600480
I watched a 60 year-old Swiss national get turned away because the cashier couldn't figure out where the fucking birthday was on his ID, and wouldn't believe him when he tried to point out where it was.
Cash register monkeys take the ID law to the fucking extreme because it makes them feel important.
>>
File: happykramer.gif (705KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
happykramer.gif
705KB, 200x180px
>tfw 31 and got carded the last two times I went to the liquor store

Feels good
>>
>>8600475
I don't have to show my ID.
>>
>>8600477
Then why did the sign on the door say "we check ID"?
>>
>>8600485
You know what they say. When you encounter one asshole, you just ran into an asshole, when you run into assholes every day, you're the asshole.
>>
>>8600499
Because they check ID when someone buys alcohol.
>>
>>8600501
Cool story. That from a Sandler movie?
>>8600502
That's weird that they would enter an establishment that clearly states they check IDs
>>
>>8600514
What's weird about it?
>>
>>8600516
All of it
>>
>>8600518
How so?
>>
>>8600514
>>8600514

show me a picture of this sign, I want to see it.
>>
Dude one time when I was like 25 this fucking bitch cashier at Gamestop wouldn't sell me a Mortal Kombat game because I didn't have ID....so then my friend tried to buy the same game with ID and she wouldn't sell it to him either

We both also had full beards at the time
>>
File: il_570xN.872828757_436i.jpg (51KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.872828757_436i.jpg
51KB, 504x504px
>>8600522
Are you seriously dumbfounded that this is a thing? Any gas station has something like this for tobacco products, and bar, and liquor store has these. You must be new.
>>
>>8600540
>I was 25 and didn't carry an ID on me which is required by law

Yup. Definately not your fault
>>
>>8598558
i'm in the states and had this happen before. what's ridiculous is not only is my CCW permit state-issued, but i had to be vetted by the sheriff's department to get it. i don't have a drivers license since i'm an urban dweller (i had one before i moved here but didn't renew it because there's no point since i don't drive) and i've had a couple of businesses flat out refuse to sell me alcohol since i didn't have the "mandatory" drivers license. fucking americunts
>>
Seriously, just play by the rules and don't be that figurative nigger when you fuck up.

>b-but but but I'm old enough!

Cool. Cashier can still get fired for not checking.
>>
>>8600541
I wasn't at a gas station and the store I was at definitely didn't have a sign like that. Why are you such a liar?
>>
>>8600541
>served
OP wasn't asking to be served. He was just standing there.
>>
File: Stupid_Asuka.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid_Asuka.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>8600543
>it's the law to carry an ID
>>
File: 1483921714495.jpg (184KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483921714495.jpg
184KB, 800x1200px
>>8600549
Sure they didn't, kiddo.
>>
>>8600551
He wasn't using their lighting, heating, or listening to the music? He wasn't on their property?

OK kiddo
>>
>>8600556
I didn't realize you have to be 21 to be allowed to exist.
>>
>>8600556
I can generate my own body heat, I don't need theirs.
>>
>>8600558
Now you know

Kiddo
>>
>>8598020
How the fuck was she supposed to know you weren't a minor if you weren't gonna show her your ID?
>>
>>8600615
She wouldn't.
>>
>>8600450
>When the secret police ask for my wife so they can rape and kill her I give her to them
>>
>>8597924
You're a fucking cunt and your idiocy knows no bounds
i've been a cashier for 2-3 plus years
if you dont have your id and are similar age and your friend is buying beer you better be prepared to show Id or sit in the fucking car. We can be thrown in prison and fined 5thousand dollars for failing an audit so eat a dick you honestly have no idea how frustrating this is
I didn't i'd a lady who looked above 30 and I got suspended at my job despite her being over age
>>
>>8600485
Most customers are trash, but more retail workers are trash.
>>
>>8600485
That's because you worked at a CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK you fucking dipfuck. 95% of customers that come to you have already had a problem of some kind and are going to have a chip on their shoulder.
>>
>>8597924

I'm from Tasmania; the little island state at the bottom of Australia.

When I moved to Brisbane (a city in the big part of Australia), the amount of fucking retards that told me they 'only accepted Australian ID' at bottle shops was insane.
>>
Have we started the fire?
>>
>>8600687
Calm down aspie
>>
>guy who works at local gym i go to comes in
>young dude haven't seen him before
>asks for vapes
>law is 21
>ask his ID
"I dont have it uhh"
sorry man i cant especially because my manager/assistant manager are 4 feet away talking
says Oh i have my id
>hes underage
Tell him the law
"This is bullshit"
>get pissed off call him out on being an asshole trying to get my job taken away ask him politely to leave
"dont say anything else"
>the fuck dude you honestly threatening me? you realize we are right next to a police station right? I go to that gym you work for want me to tell your boss?
>finally fucking leaves
some people should be dead
>>
>>8600683
Preach. The funniest part is this kid says he has an ID and is of age, but still won't show it. Absolutely a cunt, obviously has never worked in customer service.
>>
Way to be an autistic triggered fuck. Go stay in the car if you don't buy shit, or hand over your ID. Better yet, stay in your basement so the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with you.
>>
>>8597924

I bet when you go out to eat you make a huge mess at the table and say "We'll it's the waitresses job to clean it." You're a fucking twat OP.
>>
File: 16250.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
16250.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>8600736
>implying it's not
>>
>>8600749

I knew it. Yeah its her job technically but you're a fucking douche bag for not cleaning up after yourself. You're scum.
>>
>>8600755
REEEEEE WHY AREN'T THE CUSTOMERS DOING MY JOB

Seriously though one time I was at a restaurant and the table next to me picked up their plates and just walked into the kitchen to drop them off it was weird as fuck, that's the only time I ever saw that. They weren't offduty waitresses either.
>>
>>8600768

If you go Into a gas station and shit on the bathroom floor it's the clerks job to clean it. Doesn't make you any less of a prick. If this concept is lost on you, I think you should kill yourself. Picking up after yourself is being a decent person. Must be a tough concept for you to grasp. And all of this still relates to the ID thing. Don't be a fucking tool.
>>
>>8600788
>invent stories about how I mess up restaurants
>get mad that I make messes at restaurants

Those ulcers must be hard on you lmao. But seriously, literally only privileged waiters who have a high opinion of themselves get mad when they have to do their job. If their identity is so fragile that it's inseparable from their occupation, that's a personal problem.
>>
>>8600802

You're just talking out of your ass kid. Goonight, you're boring.
>>
>>8597924
>>8597941
Standard protocol for age-restricted products in Canada, to prevent third-party sales. Employees caught violating said protocol can face thousands in fines, guaranteed loss of job and possible jail time.
If you want someone to blame, blame the government.
>>
>>8600835

But WAHHH the cashier just wants to power trip, WAHHHH
>>
>>8597966
Donut thread on me!!

why you decided to share this with us is a haunting question
>>
>>8598558
>gun license
My gun license is my citizenship, retard. There's no reason a law-abiding citizen should have any gov't intervention between them & their means of self-defense. Every nation should have unrestricted access to firearms for every citizen, constitutionally guaranteed.
>>
>Liquor store no longer asks for my id
>Feel old as fuck (I'm 25 but I like to think I look a lot younger)
>After a 3 or 4 times I ask the jokingly employee if I look that old
>"Not really, I just recognize you because you're here very often"

For fuck sakes, I even rotate the stores I get booze so I don't go to the same one too many times.
>>
>>8600874
Right after I came of age my underage friends were all surprised that I could order with no ID. You get the confidence once you turn. Course, I had managed to fool a few bartenders and get into bar when I wasn't old enough, too. But I think every one pulls that off once, if you have the slightest bit of masculinity.
>>
>>8598601
It's the law bud, besides I'm not about to get fired just because some loser wants to get drunk.
>>
>live in Australia, UK, and Europe
>never ID checked
>go to US
>they won't accept my UK driver's license or Australian proof of age card
>left passport at flat as I'm not even thinking about ID
>have to take passport every time
>"If you had a passport why did you try to use fake IDs?"
>had to Google both documents before he'd believe they were real
>to this day have never had my foreign IDs accepted by American liquor stores

Explain this, merlilards.
>>
>>8600898
They probably don't see it often, so they're suspicious of a fake. Burgerland is king of dumb alcohol rules.

>heading to friends house
>stop at liquor store, getting some beer
>10 degrees out, gf stays in warm car
>walk into store, old hag barks at me
>"Before you even look, I'll need her ID"
>uhh okay, walk back out
>gf doesn't have it
>walk back in, "she doesn't have it, she's 24"
>"I'm not selling you anything then"

I was amazed, she was 50 feet away from the store. Are they this afraid of underage drinking? I walked down the block to a supermarket and bought it no problem.
>>
Fucking anglo puritans. The only place I got this shit was in the UK/US/Canada. Seriously it's fucking absurd, "but think of the childruuun" and they dare to call european countries nanny states.
I have lived in Belgium all my life and I have never gotten carded for anything. Just teach your kids how to drink and they'll do it responsibly.
>>
>>8598558
>> I'm sorry, we cant scan it. We can't take it
What? They can scan your licence?
>>
>>8597924
You and your friend are faggots.
>>
>>8601100
No we're straight.
>>
>>8600898
This is not unique to one country, I used to have my Amerilard license (from a bumfuck state) questioned when I was younger traveling abroad. They never questioned the passport.

>>8601064
They're afraid of sting operations. The clerk gets misdemeanor criminal charges affecting their future ability to get a job that isn't complete garbage. The store gets a slap on the wrist if it's the first time but the second time it could have to shut down for a month (easily a six figure loss to the business) or completely shut down forever. But if you want to just stamp your feet and go NOT MY REAL DAD NYAAAH then sure, just tell yourself the clerk is a religious maniac who hates fun.
>>
>>8601096
Do you understand how barcode scanners work? They're not magic, they just contain a number that validates the license against a database. If you just give it a random barcode nothing will come up. Their database obviously didn't contain firearms licenses.
>>
>>8601106
I didn't know American licences had bar codes.
>>
>>8598051
>muh Nazis
Nazis were gonna make everything better but you let Jews fuck it all up
>>
>They're afraid of sting operations. The clerk gets misdemeanor criminal charges affecting their future ability to get a job that isn't complete garbage. The store gets a slap on the wrist if it's the first time but the second time it could have to shut down for a month (easily a six figure loss to the business) or completely shut down forever. But if you want to just stamp your feet and go NOT MY REAL DAD NYAAAH then sure, just tell yourself the clerk is a religious maniac who hates fun.

What made you think he was mad at the clerk and not the rules/(((higher powers)))?
>>
>>8601488
What makes you think (((children))) can tell the difference?
>>
>>8597970
he's from Manitoba, probably a spearchucker picking up his firewater
>>
>>8600682
Cool fantasy, anon. I can tell you spend a lot of time thinking about this sort of stuff; which is both healthy and productive. Keep it up!
>>
>>8597970
Bitch was being a bitch
>>
>>8601488
That fucks entire story is about his interactions with the clerk and makes absolutely zero mention of his states ID laws. He is the reason we think he is mad at the clerk and too stupid to understand the rules. He's even gone on to compare the clerk enforcing their establishments ID policy to nazis 'jus doin muh jerb'... Honestly this bitchfit belongs on yelp or facebook I'm sure he'd get a few ubvotes from the Bundy family.
>>
>>8597924
this happened to me. The cashier was a weakling though, he crumbled as soon as we asked why. I wasn't even the one buying the alcohol.
>>
File: iObW0qq.png (142KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
iObW0qq.png
142KB, 634x650px
>be scandinavian master race
>can purchase from the age of 16
>never asked for id even when I was underage
>can consume alcohol at any age, any place, any time
>can even get friends to buy alcohol for me without it being illegal if I were underage

mfw "freedum" land is so cucked
>>
>>8597924
It's the law in my state.

If you're accompanying someone purchasing liquor you have to be with your parent/guardian and obviously a minor, or you have to show ID to prove your "friend" isn't just buying an underage person liquor.

Makes sense to me, just bring an ID next time and don't be dumb.
>>
>>8601613
they don't care about ID because you're paying 150% tax on it lmao
>>
>>8597931
It varies from state to state. Here in Texas if the other person is reasonably the purchasers child it's fine. If two twenty somethings show up the cashier can ask for id to see if they are both of age or married.
>>
>>8601625
Texas ids denote your spouse??!
>>
>>8601117
Neither did I, and I'm an American. I've never had anyone actually scan my ID when I buy liquor, if you're over 21 when you get the license, it's oriented differently, so they can tell you're 21 at a glance.
>>
>>8598007
I agree with you senpai. I'm in California and this shit would happen some times. 27 now I get carded more for dip than I do for booze. Fuck you sacramento
>>
>>8597950
>government liquor stores
Why do Canadians and yuropoors do this?
>>
>>8600615
Irrelevant because OP wasn't buying anything
Shall not be infringed
>>
>>8601104
Straight up faggots
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.