[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried making a bare-bones dhal and it sucked. Very bland,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I tried making a bare-bones dhal and it sucked.
Very bland, and very little substance. I can always try again with more aromatics and less water for the lentils, but are there any dhal-professionals here to provide tips on making this a more satisfying meal?
>>
File: ohshit.jpg (215KB, 2048x1529px) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.jpg
215KB, 2048x1529px
>I made some food and it sucked
>I'm not going to tell you what I did other than the fact that it contained dhal, water, and unspecified "aromatics"
>I won't mention what I did with them, quantities, or anything like that
>help!
Ever consider that lack of attention to detail is why you suck at cooking?
>>
>>8597289
More spices
it's dhal ffs
you need a shitton of spices
>>
Pop mustard seed using some hot oil and then fry off garlic, onion and ginger before adding anything else. Be gentle on the masala --- spices should augment flavors already existing in the dish, not define them.
>>
>>8597289
theres a reason those goddamm towheads are trying to take over the west. their food tastes like shit and they need our recipes.
>>
>>8598540
Just imagine how bad their food was before the Europeans colonized them
>>
>>8598549
no chili, no tomato, it would not have been very good times
>>
>>8598540
>towheads
Drumpff supporter detected.
>>
>>8598581
there's a reason autistic white neckbeards are such ardent supporters of trump. they don't have the interpersonal skills or problem solving skills for real tech jobs so they're stuck with entry level help desk and pajeet-tier coding assignments. which of course are the most outsourceable.
>>
>>8598569
>chile
>tomato
>eurocuckean
American or Eurocuck education at work here?
>>
>>8598602
>the mughals had an active maritime trade with the aztecs
I suppose you believe aliens built the pyramids too
>>
>>8597289
Obviously you need to use plenty of spices and aromatics if you want more flavor. Some other tips:

>use broth instead of water
>add tomato puree
>add sweet potato for more substance
>add cream or coconut milk for extra flavor/creaminess
>serve with naan or other flatbread if you aren't already
>>
>>8597289
Dal generally needs a lot of spice. Just like if you make pinto beans into ranch beans, that takes quite a bit of spice and seasonings. Any legume needs plenty of spice to not taste bland since that's just their nature.
Do you add extra tempering at the end (spices fried in a little oil)? That helps keep the flavors fresh.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.