[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you fucked up /ck/? >try to make shrimp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1358018923093.png (367KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1358018923093.png
367KB, 800x800px
When was the last time you fucked up /ck/?

>try to make shrimp for the first time
>use a cookie sheet without thinking
>grease splatters inside stove and sparks fire
>have to toss this gooey, uncooked mess in the garbage

While it's only strengthened my resolve to try again, I'm disappointed in myself. What was your last fuck up /ck/?
>>
File: 1485110118292.png (193KB, 559x558px)
1485110118292.png
193KB, 559x558px
>>8592846
I ate tilapia fillets today.
Never again.
>>
I fucked up twice in 2 days, and it's basically the same problem both times. I still don't know what happened.

>Quickly whip up a mix of banana and whey protein to bake as a snack
>I grease the tray, but after 10 minutes of baking every square inch of the "pancakes" were firmly cemented dowwn
>Spent more time cleaning the pan and trying to salvage my food than it took to make
>Next day make corn bread from a mix
>Grease nonstick muffin tin like normal
>Shit is cemented to the bottom again

Both times my batter was rather liquidy by coincidence. Could that be the cause of this abnormal amount of sticking? Both times I baked at 375.
>>
>>8592846
Wait, what kind of shrimp? Isn't that how you're supposed to make shrimp in the oven? Why did the "grease" splatter?
>>
>>8593220

How old is the grease you used to oil your pan? It seems like it might be the only common denominator.
>>
>>8593239
I used coconut oil that I bought last August. I've used it many times over the last few months to grease things (including muffins in the same tin) and have never had a problem with sticking.
>>
>try to make beef wellington
>too poor to afford a proper filet mignon
>buy these little cheap vacuum sealed patties that said they were filet mignon
>wrap them in dough as the recipe says
>dough expands
>more dough than meat
>didn't cook mushrooms enough so they still had a lot of water
>giant pieces of soggy dough sloppily wrapped around the sorriest looking pieces of meat you've ever seen
Don't try to cook something if you don't have the proper ingredients.
>>
>>8593220
Put some baking paper on the tray. i quit trying to prevent stuff from stiking by greasing the trays a long time ago. I t just doesn't work.
>>
>>8593220
Use parchment paper on your cookie sheet, foil in your baking dishes and muffin papers in your muffin tin.

It could be old or cheap oil, or it could be old or cheap cookware, or lastly it could be an old or cheap oven that gets too hot or heats unevenly.
Anyway, even with my decently nice cookware I always use paper and foil because the cleanup is easy no matter what happens.
>>
>>8592853
Tilapia is good though.
>>
I was trying to make a cheese sauce with cream, cheddar, and a couple other cheeses for pasta and it turned into some kind of crumble that would have gone great in lasagna or on toast.

Was it the cream?
>>
>>8593321
I'm baka desu

for any cheese sauce, start with a roux (butter + flour), add milk to make it a bechamel, and then remove from heat and add your cheese.

If you google "cheese sauce" it is all of the first five results. How did you attempt this without using google first?
>>
>>8592846
I live in an area prone to severe weather that will cut me off from getting to the grocery store, and power outages are always a concern. Thus I keep various canned meats around, so that I can have some protein in my hot plate noodle dishes.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that one of the cans of chicken was about to expire. So that night, I made some pasta, with a tomato sauce, reached into the pantry, opened up the chicken, and realized I had just opened tuna.

I added it and ate it anyways. I added a shitload of cheddar cheese to make it somewhat palatable.
>>
>just starting in kitchen
>wants me to blanch 6kg of spinach
>i don't know man i've never really done anything with spinach
>it's easy anon dw
>finished all 6 kg
>should of cooked thr spinach longer this is only half cooked
>>
bought a store bought hollandaise "memories of eggs benedict"

GOD MAKE IT STOP. IT WAS SO BAD. IT WAS LIKE EATING A MOUTHFUL OF MELTED BUTTER.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.