[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you try new things in cooking without fucking up ? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: meal.jpg (56KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
meal.jpg
56KB, 550x413px
How do you try new things in cooking without fucking up ? I'm always afraid to fuck up so i never go out of my cooking comfort zone and i end up cooking always the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>8591262
I fuck up all the time and get better cause you learn with practice.
>>
>>8591262
Try new things in small doses so not as much is wasted.
>>
It's not difficult to follow a recipe.
>>
>>8591262
fucking up is part of the process
>>
My only fear in failing is failing so hard it's inedible and a complete waste of ingredients/food.

Like wasting a quality cut or some shit that I got that's not local or common.

If I can still eat it in the end it's ok and whatever happened or whatever I did wrong WILL NEVER FUCKING RUIN MY SHIT AGAIN, NEVER AGAIN.

It's called learning.
>>
>>8591262
You must fuck up.
It's the only way you learn what works and what doesn't.
>>
you have to fail a few times to learn. don't rely on other people's opinions, they will lie. you have to criticize yourself. always wonder "what's missing?" from a dish, this will help you experiment.
of course know your limits and don't overload a dish.
>>
>>8591262
you know they say if you never leave your comfort zone you'll always be nice and comfy.
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (70KB, 431x415px) Image search: [Google]
1 (2).jpg
70KB, 431x415px
>Try lots of food, fuck up, try more food.

>Eat outside, try food there.
What did you like about the dish? What do you think would have made it better?

>Get into contact with more spices.
It's best to find a place where you can smell spices before you buy them. Is there a dish/food that could fit?

>Read recipes of food that you enjoy, identify what makes the food great for you.

>Think about the consistency of the food that you prepare.
There is a lot of simple chemical things that beginners don't think about. (For example: vegetable is spongy -> drains a lot of liquid)

The rest is just try and error but don't be afraid to be creative
>>
>>8591262
keep a frozen pizza always at the ready for the times you do fuck up
>>
>>8591262
I know my limits. I'm good with flavors, but not so strong on technique. As a home cook I never learned much of that cooking school or French restaurant shit. So I know I can pull off recipes with lots of ingredients and steps, but stay away from anything involving complicated technique. That saves me from fuck ups.
>>
>>8594239
Most of the "advanced techniques" are also pretty easy to pull off if you just aren't afraid to just try them
>>
>>8594253
I'm happy to do home cooking, so I don't need them. If I want restaurant style food I'll go out for it.
>>
>>8594264
Huh, I guess if you are satisfied with that then that's fine.
I'm just always eager to try new stuff because I love eating food
>>
>>8594268
Me, too. But I'm too busy chasing grandma dishes from around the world to bother with trying to recreate upscale restaurant cooking in my home kitchen.
>>
Fucking up is literally how you learn. No matter what you are doing in life you WILL fuck up. And that's how you learn what not to do next time better than any other way
>>
Lol what?

I would get so bored. Even if you fuck it up, at least you know how NOT to do it next time
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.