[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the consensus here on organic? Does it matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Organic4colorsealGIF[1].gif (69KB, 1816x1816px) Image search: [Google]
Organic4colorsealGIF[1].gif
69KB, 1816x1816px
So what's the consensus here on organic? Does it matter or is it bullshit? I'm finally at a point in my life where I can afford to spend the extra money and buy organic, but I won't if there's no real difference.
>>
it's just a buzzword it literally means nothing
>>
>>8589152
Like artisan and all the other bullshut terms its bullshit
>>
>>8589162
precisely
>>
>>8589144
Like anything, check out the producers by visiting their farm, which a reputable grower will encourage. Broad spectrum insecticides like pyrethrins are permitted, but reputable organic growers will only use them in rare cases of severe infestations because pyrethrins kill the predator bugs as well. A number of techniques to avoid using broad spectrum insecticides are used by reputable growers such as encouraging predator bugs, arachnids and reptiles; species specific biological controls like BTK; netting; insecticidal soaps; physical removal.

Most people don't understand that crop rotation, proper disposal of plant residue, naturally building soil fertility to produce healthy plants capable of fighting diseases without the use of Monsanto fungicides, herbicides and fertilizers, the way humans have done our entire history before WWII, produces a product stronger and capable of withstanding normal insect pressure.
>>
>>8589197
right.. or you can just eat mcchickens like the rest of us
>>
>>8589144
depends on the country

since you've got usda in your pic, in america it means little. I don't believe there's any real regulation on the label at this time?

nice dubs
>>
>>8589144
i feel like in the usa the standards for it are pretty low now, but i'll still pay a little bit more for a probably better taken care of product. does that make me a pleb?
>>
>>8589230
adding to this: buying local is also the better way to go but not always the case.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 300x320px
Yes, "organic" is better for you.

No, buying things with "ORGANIC!" written on them at the supermarket isn't eating "organic".

It was never about having money, but time and patience.
>>
>>8589209
>no regulation for the term organic in the US

Wrong. It's quite difficult to meet those standards. They are available online. It's not like "all natural" or "cage free".

I grow my own vegetables on @ 1 acre organically and have never used pyrethrins except for a sudden severe infestation of blister beetles one time in a plot of legumes, and at the base of squash plants because vine borers make growing squash untenable.

But I couldn't get certified because a fucking neighbor has to keep spraying his 1950's Monsanto inspired lawn.
>>
File: jessica-jung.jpg (110KB, 719x960px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jung.jpg
110KB, 719x960px
>>8589144
no its not a meme it means they dont use harmful pesticides on their crops.... and it has no gmos in it and they feed their cows real grass and shit

it doesnt have no meaning , its a real certification from the United states department of agriculture with real standards

i hate these people with their processed foods shitting on organic ok bye. ill take organic though
>>
>>8589144
I've noticed organic produce tends to be smaller and not as good looking. Some things taste a little better.
>>
>>8589144
The real issue is that if you think avoiding gmos is necessary then you have subnormal intelligence.
>>
it's kind of a meme, i think, but the principals are sound

my biggest issue with it is that producers have to pay a considerable sum to be able to label their shit "organic" which means that many smaller producers can't afford the label, even if they use organic farming processes

i prefer to buy from smaller farms where i can actully talk to the farmers

organically grown orchard fruits are god tier
>>
On plant life? It is bullshit.
But around here the organic animal treatment is pretty well enforced, and a good thing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.