[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone /Soylent/ here? I bought 1.4 two years ago to take to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1-5_has_arrived.jpg (251KB, 1500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-5_has_arrived.jpg
251KB, 1500x600px
Anyone /Soylent/ here?

I bought 1.4 two years ago to take to a music festival, I was flying in, and had to travel super light.
Shit was pretty good, its like a thick milkshake, and honestly a single serving made me feel full right after consuming it. I have never felt full that fast before. I brought 3 days worth with me, but only used 1 bags, which is 1 days worth of food.

I used it since when I go camping, and when I had a stomach flu, and couldnt eat anything.
Gave some to my friend who broke her jaw, she couldnt chew anything. She liked it, got her through being depressed. She got nasty scar, and lost some teeth.

Anyway, anyone else tried the stuff?
What do you think?
>>
It's gross. Just eat rice and beans.
>>
File: Soylent Drink.jpg (759KB, 1500x866px) Image search: [Google]
Soylent Drink.jpg
759KB, 1500x866px
I've tried the 2.0 ready-to-drink meal, but i didn't like the taste and never ordered again.
Once they release a new improve version with better taste i'll give it another shot.
>>
File: rocket_power_tito_400x400.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rocket_power_tito_400x400.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>8586801
I eat it for most meals. Powder form. It's alright, gets the job done. I'm sure you'll get the autismos in here soon enough telling you about how it's going to literally magically turn you into a woman, even though the only relatable story to that was some dumb fuck drinking three quarts of soy milk a day that fucked up his hormone levels, as if that wouldn't happen drinking three quarts of anything, and some anecdotal bullshit about some tranny video game speedrunner. I haven't noticed any change, except my gut problems abating.
>>
I would if you could order smaller amounts of the powder. I can't justify dropping $50+ on something I might not even like if I'd end up with 34 meals worth of it.
>>
>Eating people
Fucking retarded.
>>
>>8587271
This, pretty much. I've gotten a few bottles from promotional things.

It's convenient I guess, but the taste isn't there. The coffee flavor is absolutely vile. I don't know what they use to try and mimic the flavor of coffee but it's disgusting.

That said, I think it's got great potential as a meal replacement tool for people with, like you said, illness, and injuries/deformities to the mouth, without needing an IV. It's too bad they're marketing it as some drink to never need to eat or whatever.

>>8587333
That's how they make most of their money, desu. They sell in huge bulk to on-the-fence consumers when most of them will in fact not like the taste.

It's not the powder but there are resellers who sell bottles individually on amazon.

And there are also tons of those referral links floating around the internet for a discount on the bottles. The powder tastes better and can be adjusted to your liking for flavor and potency/thickness. Just try giving a google or youtube search for people "trying" soylent (being paid to) and you'll find a discount i'm sure.
>>
>>8587346
How can you not like the taste? Its tasteless. I never tried the drink version tho, and I didnt know that it came flavored now.

The powder is honestly great, I still have 3 bags left.

Its just so much easier when you are heading to a music festival. between drugs, and stupid people with no camping experience, its great that I can just grab a bottled water, and mix me a small portion, consume it under a minute, feel full right away, and go rage.
nothing beats that

I see campmates bringing it stoves, and tables, and utensiles, and they get all to fucked up, and drunk to properly use it. and then they all try to pack up all that extra shit back in their car. fuck that.

this shit is perfect for hiking too. literally bring 1 bag with you, and the water you were bringing anyway.
all these campers buying super expensive light weight cookware, and overpriced stove juice. wasting time setting it all up to boil some ramen.
>>
>>8587346
>That's how they make most of their money, desu. They sell in huge bulk to on-the-fence consumers when most of them will in fact not like the taste.

They know most people don't like the taste and probably won't buy again until they fix it.
But it's understandable, they need to sell a lot in order to fund the development of new better tasting formulas to release later.
They made the Cacao, Nectar and Coffiest flavors to fix this but it didn't work.
>>
>>8587333
I think they should make a sampler pack instead of selling 12 ready-to-drink bottles of the same flavour.
The pack should be: 3 Original, 3 Cacao, 3 Nectar, 3 Coffiest and 3 Bars.
>>
>>8588226
That would be smart.
>>
>>8586801
Enjoy your low test, faggot.
>>
>>8586801
Have the regular drink version, taste like cereal milk
>>
It causes brain damage, not to mention takes the joy out of life. But sure, knock yourself out, OP.
>>
>>8588226
I don't fucking want bars.
>>
>>8586801
Just finished my first case of Coffiest. I like that it simplifies my mornings, but hate that it tastes like greasy chalk. A packet of sucralose perks it up into something more palatable.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.