[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Durian? I personally love it, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: durian.jpg (178KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
durian.jpg
178KB, 1024x682px
What do you think of Durian?

I personally love it, and cant taste anything bad
>>
>>8579146
Literally smells like shit
>>
>>8579146
Same here, I don't even smell anything bad. Then again I grew up eating it.
>>
>>8579164
They are also bomb in smoothies, and freeze em for a ice cream like treat
>>
>>8579167
Oh yes, very bomb
>>
>>8579161
If your shits smell like durian you should seek medical aid
>>
>>8579146
I've only ever had frozen because leaf, but I think they're great. They're tremendously sweet and have a kind of pudding consistency, though they do have a very strong smell so I can imagine why people are put off by it.

I do have to say though I have had durain flavoured ice cream and I didn't really like it, I'm not sure why, perhaps it was just shitty.

Also, how the fuck do you pronounce it, the anglo in me wants to say dur-rain, but I hear people call it dur-ee-an all the time.
>>
>>8579146
It certainly took some time to get used to it, but eventually I got used to eating it raw. You just can't eat too much of it at a time. Very rich, very fatty.
>>
Tastes reminiscent of onion to me for some reason.
>>
>>8579146
i had durian "pizza" last week. wasn't awful, kinda reminded me of a cheese plate with a sweet jam of some kind.
>>
>>8582476
That's one thing people say it smells like.
>>
It's an amazing fruit. I love the texture for sure. So custardy and smooth. Flavour is just ok imo, especially because it has a slightly spicy tone to it, like my throat burns a little after eating it, but different than when eating spicy food. It doesn't smell as bad as people say it does.

It's one of those fruits that I like trying once in a while but wouldn't eat them often.
>>
File: IMG_20170212_130953.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170212_130953.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
I have some smelling up the fridge

One of my favourite fruits. I love the creaminess and bittersweet taste. Very unique but I can see how people are put off by the strong smell

Pic related
>>
>>8579146
isn't it just smelly? it's supposed to taste good but smell awful
>>
Malaysianfag here.

>>8580822
Do-REEE-Ann
Do as in I do. The name derives from the Malay word "duri" which is thorn.

>>8582476
Personally I'd say it's more like creamy custard mixed with onions.

>>8583337
I wouldn't store them in the fridge, lest you want the whole thing smelling like them. Room temp is fine, put a food cover over it if you have a part leftover.

Beginners looking to try the fruit should look for sweet and creamy flesh, then slowly work their way towards the bitter and firmer ones, kinda like having fatty sushi last.
>>
It's one of the best fruits and the smell is strong but not bad. It's the only fruit which feels as indulgent and satisfying as say cake or chocolate when eating it, I guess because of the creaminess.

>>8583625
>do-ree-an
>not jur-ee-an
pleb
>>
>>8582476
If you ever get the chance to try a freshly grown durian, they don't have that onion quality. Great stuff.
>>
>>8579146

I've tried it. Based on what I had heard I had expected that it was going to be either disgusting or the greatest fruit I had ever tasted.

I was very underwhelmed. It did have a funky sort of odor but it was nowhear near as strong as I had expected. I liked the taste but I didn't think it was anything special.

I've been told that perhaps I bought one that had been frozen for importation into my country rather than being 100% fresh?
>>
>>8583629
Try a cherimoya. It tastes way different but I'd argue it's just as decadent, if not moreso, than durian. Very creamy, and the taste is almost identical to a nice custard if I remember right.
>>
>>8583676
>I've been told that perhaps I bought one that had been frozen for importation into my country rather than being 100% fresh
I think so too
>>
Trying to kick them into those baskets is a pain in the ass sometimes
>>
>>8583337
Somebody will eventually breed the smell out of it. Patience.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.