[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys know any meal plans? im looking for something around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

do you guys know any meal plans?
im looking for something around 1200-1500 daily calories thats not retarded or overly expensive
>>
Its called prison.

Get in there, immediately.
>>
Go low carb, you won't be hungry enough to eat 1500 calories a day.
>>
>>8577006

Pick whatever you want to eat. Adjust portions to hit your calorie goals.
>>
I do 1300 a day.

My meal plan is eating a variety of cheap yet healthy low calorie food, adding all the calories up until I reach 1300, and then I stop eating until I wake up the next day.

I've lost 40 lbs in the last 4 months, and only have 20 lbs more to go.
>>
>>8577006
Eat whatever the fuck you want, just get plenty of protein and ditch some carbs. Increase the time between meals and if you stay up late when plan your dinner to be later at night instead of 6 pm. Find a designated low cal high fiber / high protein snack food for cravings (for me this is raw mushrooms). First two weeks are the worst, after that your stomach volume will rapidly start to decrease. Hold out for a month and you will be on track. Get one cheat meal a week in which you consume 200 to 300 cal extra. Track your shit (myfitnesspal works great and is free).

Godspeed.
>>
>>8577006
You're gonna have to make your own meal plan but cheap and relatively healthy sources of:

Protein:
>sardines/anchovies
>beans
>whey
>eggs
>tuna (canned)
>cottage cheese
>squid

Carbs:
>potatoes
>rice
>yams
>bread (actual bread)
>oats

Fat:
>butter
>eggs
>peanuts
>canola oil
>milk

Micronutriants:
>broccoli
>squash (especially pumpkin)
>carrots
>onions
>beets
>bananas
>apples
>cabbage
>turnips
>rutabaga
>anything that grows locally is typically pretty cheap when in season, but it depends on they type of food

Try to get around 30% calories from protein, 20-25% form fat and 55-60% from carbs. A good rule of thumb is to make your plate 50% veg, 30% carb and 20% protein by volume. But tracking based on caloric content is more accurate.

Final tip, if you don't have a kitchen scale get one. They're typically <$25 CAD if you get something basic and it'll improve you're ability to know what you're eating immensely.
>>
>>8577006
You dont need a fucking meal plan.

Everything in moderation.

You dont need super protein or super anything. Just enjoy your food and dont pick over processed pig slop.
>>
>>8577053
You don't need a cheat meal when you first start, and it might be better not to have one so you don't relapse into bad habits.
A cheat meal only becomes necessary when your metabolism slows down so much you reach a weight-loss plateau where you are eating less calories than you need to maintain weight, but still not losing.
And then, when you do have a cheat meal, it should still be something healthy. Don't use it as an excuse to eat garbage.
>>
>>8577024
thing is i want to go to the supermarket once a week, maybe two and get everything i need
a lot of times i end up buying stuff for like 4 meals but i make one and then make something else and the rest of the thing that i bought for that meal spoils
so i want some well thought plan so a single trip is enough for a week and i know im using everything i buy
>>
>>8577093
>squid
great going, im now basing part of my diet on something that can be really cheap or incredibly expensive based on factors that i dont know and are outside of my control
also this isnt a meal plan, its a list of ingridients
>>
>>8577094
>You dont need a fucking meal plan.
i want one you tendie eating autist
>>
>>8577148
That's why I said add ~200 cal. Not gorge yourself like a swine. But I shouldn't have to say that because OP is trying to lose weight. The mindset and habit is all it's about.
>>
>>8577192
there is garbage you can eat for ~200 calories.
the problem is that it's so low in nutritional value with so much salt and oil and other crap it just leaves you feeling ravenously hungry.
People who are just starting to lose weight don't know these things. I didn't anyway. It took me a while to realize the crap meals I was microwaving to save myself time and effort were fucking me over.
>>
>>8577006
Okay, I'll take a quick jab at it.

1 half cup of oatmeal for breakfast (150cal)
That's half a cup of dry oats made into a bowl of oatmeal. Cinnamon is fine, but be careful with stuff like honey or peanut butter or whatever. adding a tablespoon of that stuff almost doubles the calories in the bowl.
1.5lbs of vegetable matter (approximately 175cal depending on which veggies.)
More is fine if using leafy greens. No potatoes or corn here. Use rutabagas or turnips instead of potatoes. Be careful of fruits. They're great and nutritious, but an apple will have a little more than three times the calories of an onion the same mass. I'm not listing more specifics about which veggies to eat because here is where you get to play around and get some variety.
1lb of chicken breast (750cal)
Other meats are okay, but pay attention to the calories per protein. Chicken is great at 5 cal/1g of protein. Leaner meats tend to average at about 7.5 cal/1g of protein, so you have plenty of wiggle room here.

Other meats can push it up to 1200-1500, so you've got wiggle room here. Or if you just can't live without potatoes or something, then you can add them too.
>>
Buy some running shoes and go for a jog fatty it will be good for you.
>>
>>8578307
What is aesthetic formatting?

>1 half cup of oatmeal {measured dry} (150cal)
>1.5lbs of vegetable matter {no potatoes or corn} (175cal)
>1lb of chicken breast (750cal)

That'll give you 200-500 in wiggle room for substitutions or can't-live-withouts.
>>
>>8578327
>1 cup of oatmeal without 1 cup of milk
If you eat oatmeal with water you are eating it like a pleb.
>>
>>8578343
1. He asked for a diet with emphasis on low caloric intake.
2. The wiggle room is there for this type of thing. If the milk means that much to you, add it and make note of the additional calories.
3. I add a vanilla protein powder to mine to change the taste. It has less calories, more protein, similar creamy taste to using milk. Only downside is that it's a bit pricey compared to milk or other sources of protein.
>>
>>8578343
>>8578374
Also, it's a half cup. 1/2 cup. Otherwise you'll be eating an extra 150 calories. Not bad, all things considered, but very notable.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.