[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best cuts of the beef? Also I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: beef_cuts_poster[1].jpg (567KB, 1169x824px) Image search: [Google]
beef_cuts_poster[1].jpg
567KB, 1169x824px
What are the best cuts of the beef?
Also I've never heard of most of these.
>>
File: 1486264578205.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486264578205.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>8576381
What is best?
Different cuts suit different methods of cooking, the most traditional for beef are;
Steak; filet, ribeye, sirloin, rump
Stewing; shoulder, neck, shank
Roast; rib, tri tip, tenderloin
Chuck and similar cuts are used for mince, brisket smokes beautifully, and round is great for jerky

Despite this, many alternatives are available. I adore flat iron (blade) steak, short rib burgers, and shin in stews. Keep in mind that there are different methods for butchery between the US, UK, and France.
>>
>>8576423
Here is a decent chart with some suggestions. Generally the more flavourful and tender the meat, the more expensive. The problem with that is that fatty tissues (marbling) make up the bulk of flavour in beef.
>>
>>8576381
Thick cut milk steaks

milk cows fed a diet of jelly beans
>>
File: BeefCuts.jpg (237KB, 605x955px) Image search: [Google]
BeefCuts.jpg
237KB, 605x955px
>>8576427
>>
Beef is cyclical - there are quick cook methods and slow cook methods. For a while the quick cook cuts were pricy and the slow cook cuts were dirty cheap. Now, at my local market i can actually buy sirloin (a quality quick cook cut) cheaper per pound than oxtail (a peasant-tier slow cook cut). 10 years ago oxtail was basically free. like a dollar a pound. now its like 8 bucks a pound - but when you consider most of that is BONE, you're actually paying more per oz of actual meat than you do for even filet mignon.

Sooner or later it will circle back around. But the bottom line is all the cuts are good - you just have to research and know how to cook them. And don't leave it till the last minute. You're fucked if you have a round roast and people are coming over in 45 minutes and you were thinking you were just going to toss it on the grill.
>>
File: _87776156_flapogram624.jpg (9KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_87776156_flapogram624.jpg
9KB, 624x351px
>>8576381
>>
>>8576381
that's a big cow
>>
I will say that the london broil/top round is damn near useless besides for the aforementioned dish itself. I don't have a grill so that limits me somewhat, but all I can really do is sear it one side, turn it over, insert some slices of bacon, butter, and garlic into slits I carved into it, and broil for 5 minutes, and my house almost always burns down.
>>
>>8576722
4 moo
>>
flat iron is cheap and great
>>
>>8576381
Rolled brisket is pretty cheap and is delicious slow roasted.

Rub it with whatever you like, blast it top heat for 15 or 20 minutes, cover it with foil and turn it down low for two or three hours depending on size, back up to high for a little while at the end to crisp it up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.