[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the proper way to cook pork ribs in the oven /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pork_ribs.png (284KB, 460x340px) Image search: [Google]
pork_ribs.png
284KB, 460x340px
What's the proper way to cook pork ribs in the oven /ck/?

I have two racks of pork ribs, I did the dry rub and they are sitting in the fridge right now.

The problem is I'm getting conflicting information on how long I should cook them in the oven (don't have a smoker).

Here's an example of what I've read so far:

-2 hours on 350, wrapping them together in foil

-3 hours at 300 in a baking dish with foil on top

-30 mins at 400, then 225 for 4 hours

So what is it?

Either way I'll be finishing them with a homemade sauce on the grill after they've been in the over long enough.
>>
>>8575786
I recommend an overnight whiskey soak, preferably a whiskey you actually LIKE to drink. If you're unsure, go for Bird Dog Blackberry whiskey.

If you can, get a big pot, like the one used for Thanksgiving turkey, and cook them on their sides(bones are vertical). Take them out roughly every 45 minutes if you want to go with a flavor injection method. Optimal temp for this would be 325. Pop 'em in at noon and check on them regularly, rotating as needed. They should be just about done by 4:30 in the afternoon, 5 PM at the latest, and ready to throw on the grill.
>>
>>8575821

STOP IT
>>
>>8575786
>room temp before you cook them
>wrap in foil
>425 for 15-20
>then 215 for about 4hours

Check after 3 hours or so. Look at the bones if the meat is pulling back around a 1/8 of a inch they are pretty much done.
You are want them to be pliable but not falling of the bone, that means you over cooked them.
>>
>>8575821
Is soaking shit in whiskey the hot new /ck/ meme or is this a real thing? Either way if I had a bottle of good whiskey I would have finished drinking it an hour ago.

>>8575827
This seems legit. Should I wrap them individually in foil, or together? Also bone side down or up?
>>
>>8575856
Go no more then two racks per foil.

When on grill baste top and lay down first should take no more then a min or two. While like that hit up bottom and flip.
Wait about 3 mins and filp again. You are looking for the bones to be bubbling.
When cutting make sure your knife is sharp as all hell or you bust you wonderful ribs to shit.
>>
>>8575871
Will do, thanks for the info.
>>
>>8575884
Glad to help!
>>
>>8575786
1. remove membrane on back of ribs.
2. place ribs on large piece of aluminum foil. (large enough to bring the long ends together and crimp)
3. coat with thin layer of yellow or brown mustard. (you will not taste it)
4. sprinkle evenly with dry rub of your choice.
5. leave in fridge for a couple of hours.
6. preheat oven to 250degrees F.
7. place ribs and foil on baking sheet.
8. place them in preheated oven for 3 hours.
9. remove and crimp the long edges of the foil together but not so tightly that it's making contact with the top of the ribs. and replace for 2 hours. you may choose to add some sort of liquid during this period.
10. remove from oven and uncrimp and tear away excess foil. baste with bbq sauce of your choice or another light dusting of rub or even mist with vinegar, honey, cayenne solution or another of your choosing. leave for about 30 more minutes to an hour while the top recaramelizes.

This is the 3, 2, 1 method.
3 hours uncovered, 2 hours covered, one more uncovered. I generally do not leave them the last full hour unless i want them so tender that they fall apart.
It's definitely easier to under season them as they will have an unappetizing paste if you over season. Let the glaze/caramelization stage be the one you add the bulk of the bold flavor you want.
They always turn out fucking fantastic. 6 hours, yes. But low and slow for BBQ is best.
>>
File: IMAG0364.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0364.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
>>8576003
here's an example of some that i did in the oven. i could pick them up with tongs and the held together and just began to crack on the surface.
>>
I like to boil the ribs for around 4 hours. After that let the meat marinade in whateverm. Then grill the ribs for 30min while applying sauce. You can inhale the meat off the bone.
>>
10 minutes at 550 degrees then 8 hours at 180, perfect ribs.
>>
If you want to go low N slow, set oven to 225, place a pan with water in the bottom of the oven, Cook for maybe 5 hours, then finish it on the grill, a few minutes per side.

I simply dry brine a few hours in the fridge, add my rub and chuck it in the oven. No foil.
>>
>>8576017
Look at that bottom rib OP. That's what are looking for to check for doneness.
>>
>>8576017
No offense mate but they look shithouse for 6 hours of effort. I can do much better after 3.
>>
>>8576204
i'm sorry you feel that way. i'd rather take 3 hours and eat ribs i like though.
i know a spoiled yankee that says "it shouldnt take longer than 3 hours" and he hasn't gotten any of mine since. he never makes em though.
>>
>>8576204
>>8576476
you know what, never mind that.
you're uninvited from my birthday party.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.