[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made my own pasta and bolognese yesterday. I think I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

I made my own pasta and bolognese yesterday.

I think I know what to do to improve on the pasta, but the sauce just came out a bit... bland.

It was a pretty basic recipe (onion, celery, carrot, beef, tomatoes, parsley), but I don't really know what else you're supposed to put in there. What makes bolognese good?
>>
you made spaghetti big fucking deal just call it what it is and google a recipe you gaylord
>>
>>8575659
oh
>>
YOU'VE MADE THIS THREAD ALREADY
>>
>>8575687

I didn't know this was a thing.
>>
File: redpack.jpg (26KB, 252x320px) Image search: [Google]
redpack.jpg
26KB, 252x320px
>>8575656
Pic related, or some decent canned San Marzano tomatoes.
>>8575659
>google a recipe you gaylord
^ This. Google a bunch of recipes, read the text of them for different tips, and use the ones that seem good.
>>
>>8575656
More salt.
Either in the sauce or more salt when cooking the pasta.
>>
>>8575656

The most common mistake is not simmering the sauce long enough. Next try increasing the amount of onion. Finally you can also try adding a bit more salt, but don't overdo it.
>>
>>8575656
Salt, Msg, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley

www.google.com
>>
>>8575656
>What makes bolognese good?

layers of flavor. and it's all about the technique+time and not so much about how much you put in it. go watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMj8lNdFqV8
>>
>>8575656
>I MAYD-AH AN AUTHENTICO BOWL-OH-NAYZ-EE

You made basic pasta with an even more basic sauce. Enough of this. No more.
>>
>>8575656

It's all about opposites. You want to develop a good flavour profile OP.

Tomatoes are naturally acidic, so you need to add a touch of sugar into the mix to help mellow them out and create something that really pops. Two to three cups should be plenty. The onions are savory, so try adding something tart in there - I've always found three whole mandarins help (unpeeled, but smashed up a little). Finally, the beef is where you've really screwed the pooch. Beef is a poor man's meat, and horribly unsustainable. Try two parts unflavored tofu, one part desiccated coconut instead.

Alternatively, you could try following one of the several thousand recipes on Google. Search for 'spaghetti' - I'm sure you'll find something.
>>
>>8575656
A couple of bay leafs, and I add some red wine. Chicken stock works well, as does salt and pepper. Make sure that you let it simmer for a long time
>>
brown the meat very well
brown the soffrito thoroughly but gently
use milk, maybe stock
use a small quantity of flavourful tomatoes
anchovies, pancetta, chicken liver, parmesan rind, rosemary, garlic...
simmer and reduce for 3--6 hours until the sauce is very concentrated and an orange oil has split
>>
File: Heinz-Spaghetti.png (86KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Heinz-Spaghetti.png
86KB, 300x240px
>>8576560

Alternatively
>>
>>8575656
More salt, better quality tomatos, cook it longer.
>>
File: gb.jpg (4KB, 118x150px) Image search: [Google]
gb.jpg
4KB, 118x150px
>>8576539
>>
>>8575656
Meat you fucking abortion
>>
When will plebs learn that tomato amd meat sauce =/= bolognese?
>>
>>8575656

Invest in herbs you like, thyme, oregano, caraway seed, bay leaves. Get some 3 buck chuck Cabernet sauvignon. Invest more time into cooking the sauce on low.

Small things you can do to really change how it comes out.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.