[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to make dough for bread bowls >use "fast acting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: all downhill from here.jpg (52KB, 399x464px) Image search: [Google]
all downhill from here.jpg
52KB, 399x464px
>try to make dough for bread bowls
>use "fast acting yeast"
>bread has risen maybe a inch in the last hour
did I fuck up?
can I save it?
>>
>>8574330
did you keep it in a warm and humid place?
>>
>>8574349
it's been sitting next to my stove, which has a pot of stock simmering
>>
>did I fuck up?
give us your recipe. are you sure the yeast was still good?
>>
>>8574375
http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-bread-bowls-495386
I literally just bought it today
>>
>>8574330
did you have it covered? also, is the side of the bowl hot? if the bowl is hot, you might have preemptively killed the yeast. did you put the yeast and the salt into the flour together, so that they were touching before you mixed them in? that can also kill the yeast.
>>
>>8574431
>did you have it covered?
yes
>also, is the side of the bowl hot? if the bowl is hot, you might have preemptively killed the yeast.
it's warm but not hot
>did you put the yeast and the salt into the flour together, so that they were touching before you mixed them in? that can also kill the yeast.

>put sugar in mixing bowl
>put salt in mixing bowl
>put in oil
>put in water
>stir
>put in yeast
>stir
>slowly add flour
>>
Was the water warm when you added it?
>>
>>8574465
yes
>>
>>8574445
Wheverer i make my yeast rolls i place my yeast in warm milk or water with a pinch of sugar or honey to allow it to start activating/fermenting/whatever. This also a good way to make sure you dont have a dead batch of yeast - even if you bought it that day dosent guarantee its not dead.
Granted your bread may have a different step that mine, because i mix my wets (which has the yeast in it) + butter and then add the flour and dry ingredients to it.
>>
did you mix the yeast in lukewarm water/milk? you can't just pour yest into flour dumdum
>>
>>8574490
I've got 1 packet of yeast left
I'll try starting over
>>8574497
no
see >>8574445
>>
>>8574501
If your milk/water + yeast dosent start to turn foamy and make what looks like the head of a foamy beer then your yeast is dead
>>
>>8574520
this has been sitting for roughly 20 minutes
>3 cups hot water
>2 tbsp sugar
>1 packet dry yeast
>>
File: yeast.jpg (771KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
yeast.jpg
771KB, 2656x1494px
>>8574607
forgot pic
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.