[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just tried this on buttered toast, tried it with eggs and tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 004[1].jpg (25KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
004[1].jpg
25KB, 240x320px
Just tried this on buttered toast, tried it with eggs and tried it in a sandwich.

It tastes awful. Even spread thinly, this is such a distinct and terrible taste. I don't get the hype, and when I google it I find that terrible meme word "Umami" all over the place. It adds umami, they say. Concentrated umami, even.

It contains glutamates. LOTS of things contain glutamates, why is vegemite so famous? I could get the exact same function out of adding straight MSG to my food, why use something that has such an odd flavor?
>>
For me, like marmite, it taste like a beer, if you evaporated all the water and added 3-4 tsp of yeast.
I think it was originally made of the thing that you have at the bottom of a beer fermentation container, that is, dead yeast and stuff from the beer. And its awful
>>
>>8572225
>why is vegemite so famous?
Is it? I thought only convicts had the sub par spread
>>
FUCK OFF
WERE FULL
>>
it's a vitamin spread for poor people you dumb cunt. tastes pretty good after you've been eating shit your whole life.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWQqgfE1YaM
>>
>>8572225
still too much.

Its active component, the source of the taste is MSG; it's a form of transient half-product in production of MSG kinda like molasses is plants halfway-processed into sugar.

And you use it similarly to MSG, as a minor additive.

Imagine it's salt. Use like salt. You don't spread salt thinly over your toast.
>>
>>8572356
Marmite =/= Vegemite
Vegemite = shit
>>
>>8572359
bullshit. everyone who eats marmite spreads it over toast. get fukcd
>>
>>8572225
That's like saying that you eat surströmming is delicious.
You have to eat it growing up to aquire a taste for it. For normal people vegemite and marmite is absolutely disgusting.
>>
I can eat spoonfuls of it
>>
If I eat an spoonful from my pocket, will I be sustained.

Oil rigger here.
>>
>>8572225
Australians really ought to be gassed. Horrible people.
>>
>>8572225

I find it tastes delicious, but as with any other food different people have different tastes.

>> I could get the exact same function out of adding straight MSG to my food

No, you couldn't. MSG is umami/savory and that's it. Vegemite/marmite have other flavor beyond just umami/savory.

>>why is vegemite so famous?
Because it's a love/hate thing. An acquired taste. Some people love it, others think it's absolutely disgusting. All those kinds of foods tend to be well known. Surstromming, hakarl, natto, black licorice, strong cheeses.....
>>
>>8572359
It's yeast extract you fucking nigger
>>
>>8573921

>No, you couldn't

I was referring to the umami effect, which I would get from MSG. I've been told adding vegemite to stewing beef or whatever else will add a savory quality, I just don't see the point in adding a source of MSG that already has an awful flavor when I could just add MSG myself if I was really desperate.
>>
>>8572347
>your whole life
I didn't know that I wasn't actually alive before I ate Vegemite.
>>
>>8574620
>>. I've been told adding vegemite to stewing beef or whatever else will add a savory quality

That's a generalization because frankly it's hard to describe flavors in detail. It adds more than just savory, it adds the flavor of the vegemite.

To you, it tastes awful. I can see why you wouldn't want to use it.

To me, it tastes delicious and adds extra flavor that pure MSG wouldn't have.
>>
Marmite is better
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.