[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have stories of old people's eating habits? I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 21

File: FA1yifr.jpg (706KB, 3499x2624px) Image search: [Google]
FA1yifr.jpg
706KB, 3499x2624px
Anyone have stories of old people's eating habits?

I had an ex-girlfriend whose grandpa would not eat anything but casseroles and meatloaf. He said Italian was exotic and would just flat out refuse to eat it.
>>
>>8569171
>not eating true american meals like mac and cheese
Its like his entire life is just commie propaganda
>>
File: boyardee-gh-05-01-1957-135-M5.jpg (282KB, 985x1398px) Image search: [Google]
boyardee-gh-05-01-1957-135-M5.jpg
282KB, 985x1398px
>>8569171
>He said Italian was exotic

Once upon a time, it was. That's why Chef Boyardee was so successful. This new pasta-and-tomato-sauce thing was strange and new, and tasty.

It does seem that your ex's grandfather must have been reclusive, though. Italian / Italian-American food has now been common here for decades.
>>
>>8569171
My grandmother wouldn't eat Mexican, Greek, or Italian food (or any other ethnic food) because it was "too ethnic", but then again she was born in 1900 and has been dead for over twenty years.
>>
Not eating habit, but some anon posted a story about their aunt or great aunt who had lived in Korea during the Korean war with her military husband. They liked the kimchi there and when they went back to whereever the fuck they were in America, they would make kimchi and rice. Except they made it with rice, plain cabbage, and jalapenos.
>>
>>8569211
>casseroles and meatloaf not American
Trying way too hard to blend in there, Achmed.
>>
>>8569171

My mom moved to the U.S. from Japan in 1976. I When I was a kid, she would sometimes take out a few slices of bologna, cut them up, grab the pieces with chopsticks and dip them into wasabi and/or soy sauce. She also ate a ton of Maruchan cup noodles. I guess that's one way to do cultural fusion.
>>
File: la-1464117189-snap-photo.jpg (51KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
la-1464117189-snap-photo.jpg
51KB, 650x366px
A significant fraction of my family lives in Minnesota. I have never had Somalian food so one of my missions on my last trip was to taste it. They're all decently well traveled and I assumed they were up to the task, but the whole time we were eating it was nonstop Al Qaeda and anthrax jokes. The lady serving us didn't say a word but she obviously heard everything.

Never again, next time I'll demand we go to Perkins and avoid an hour of cringe.
>>
anyone else got parents or grandparents that "cook" by throwing meat into a pot and boiling it and its techincally cooked all the way through but all the flavor got left in the stinky grease water and you gotta sit there like "mmm its tender" and wait for them to turn their back so you can season it with goddamn anything so it tastes at least like salty rubber instead of just rubber
>>
>>8569248
>implying mac and cheese isn't more american
Go back to vietnam you commie
>>
>>8569171
On holidays I stayed with gramps, rest of the family went to see other relatives, I was a difficult child...anyhoo
We drank black coffee, ate white bread with cheese, she made the best omelette. Tons of cream in it, topped with chives.
We played cards, watch tv, looked after her only tomatoplant.
In the evening I might get a small glass of port.
I was 10 yo.
Didnt shower for weeks.
Sometimes she would take her fake teeth out and make fun with them.
Damn, I miss her.
>>
>>8569171
My grandmother would let whole milk sit out on the counter until it partially solidified and then drink it. She called it "clabber milk."
>>
That episode of Family Guy where Tom Tucker dates Peter's mom and takes both of them to McDonald's she orders a Filet O' Fish and a Sanka. That always made me laugh because that was one of my grandma's favorite fast food combos - fish sandwich and decaf coffee lol.
>>
>>8569255
How was the food though?
>>
File: LimburgerSandwich21.jpg (41KB, 350x294px) Image search: [Google]
LimburgerSandwich21.jpg
41KB, 350x294px
>>8569171

A granduncle of a friend was from Ohio and he swore by limburger sandwiches. Big slab of limburger, raw onion, and mustard on rye, I think with butter. He loved that shit
>>
>>8569256
Yep, endured 3 years of my dad cooking
>>
>DAE OLD PEOPLES XD????

wow, human beings are creatures of habit. who'd have fucking thunk.
>>
>>8569283
I wouldn't say it was amazing, but it was certainly less bland than your average Minnesota cuisine, decent quality, and for the price very good indeed. 7.5/10 would eat again.
>>
File: fish2[1].jpg (23KB, 246x289px) Image search: [Google]
fish2[1].jpg
23KB, 246x289px
Back in the day old people had some REALLY strange eating habits
>>
>>8569300
But is it worth having Somalis?
>>
>>8569302
Seems like his eating habits are making a comeback though, with all the eat the booty like groceries talk and whatnot
>>
>>8569255
>I have never had Somalian food so one of my missions on my last trip was to taste it. They're all decently well traveled and I assumed they were up to the task, but the whole time we were eating it was nonstop Al Qaeda and anthrax jokes. The lady serving us didn't say a word but she obviously heard everything.
Similar story with less outright rudeness, but my sibling took the family to the Afghani restaurant in Arlington VA each and every visit we'd do there, and we all loved it, but when not there in their faces, my brother nicknamed it The Taliban restaurant, I'm sure the owners had some kind of persecuted reason to be immigrants that wasn't all terroristy scary at all, maybe even some third generation descendants of diplomats or something, or they might even have been from somewhere else entirely, but the food was simply delicious, especially the rices and hot sauces.

On a similar note, you couldn't pay me to ever have Ethiopian food again, not even once more. Their food is like intentionally opposite and contrary spice and sweetness profiles. Sugar in the eggs and spinach, hot spice in the fruit. The injera bread is like someone let a pancake sit in water and mold over. Horrible. I think people who like it have never had good middle eastern or asian food and just think they like it just for being different.
>>
>>8569302
I mean this guy was a real jerk.
>>
>>8569364
>not liking injera and kitfo
pleb
>>
>>8569267
Classes in reading comprehension would be good for you, Mohammed.
>>
>>8569328
The girls seem cute and not vulgar and loud like white girls, I'd have to say yes

>>8569364
Yeah the funny thing is I've gone out for Afghan food with them and there were no issues. Also
>sourdough bread is bad
>implying the best indian food is not south indian
>implying injera is all that different from dosas and uttapams
>implying there is anything wrong with contrasting flavors
I bet you'd have a mental breakdown if you ever had Malaysian food
>>
>>8569377
>>>8569364
>>not liking injera and kitfo
>pleb
I'm not a pleb. I've had it a dozen times every time some guest of mine was like "let's get Ethiopian!" when I lived in DC, so yea I know all the dishes, and not just a first impression. I don't like gluten free spongy pancakes to dip into food, give me an India kulcha or lavash, anyday. I don't eat raw beef in restaurants with a bunch of butter. This cuisine isn't even common to actual Ethiopians, it's survival food they might enjoy once a year. And, what americans did to their soul food from heritage african dishes fixed whatever was wrong with Ethiopian food in the first place. Ham hocks and chili peppers in my collards, with hot pepper vinegar to finish, is much preferred to sugar, allspice and ginger.
>>
>>8569406
>>implying injera is all that different from dosas and uttapams
Absolutely different.

>>8569406
>I bet you'd have a mental breakdown if you ever had Malaysian food
Love it. College roommate was from Penang Is. Pandan anything is delicious. Stop projecting your butthurt over your palate's blind love of ethiopian food as to my having no taste or that I haven't traveled.
>>
>>8569515
>And, what americans did to their soul food from heritage african dishes fixed whatever was wrong with Ethiopian food in the first place
>>8569532
>Stop projecting your butthurt over your palate's blind love of ethiopian food as to my having no taste or that I haven't traveled.
I haven't traveled to West Africa either, which, incidentally, is where most American slaves came from, but I have had the food and it is in no way similar to Ethiopian food. Are you actually trying to suggest soul food is based on injera and kitfo?
Also
>implying pandan = contrasting flavors
>College roommate was from Penang
Ask your college roommate to explain rojak and then watch his eyes as your brain melts
>>
>>8569221
I know people in their 60's that still think Italian is considered exotic. Mention anything like Japanese and they literally freak out.
>>
>>8569574
>Are you actually trying to suggest soul food is based on injera and kitfo?
I think you don't understand African American food history, nor my mention of collards, not injera.

Here, read a book and expand your small mind:
http://firstwefeast.com/eat/2015/08/an-illustrated-history-of-soul-food
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/03/140301-african-american-food-history-slavery-south-cuisine-chefs/
http://africooks.com/index.php?page=high-hog
>>
>>8569601
You literally just equated soul food to "corrected ethiopian food", and now you're trying to do damage control by posting a bunch of links?

I can't tell if you realize you just made yourself look stupid and are now just trying to win an internet argument at all costs, or if you genuinely believe yourself to be an expert on soul food.
>>
>>8569617
>You literally just equated soul food to "corrected ethiopian food",

As opposed to figuratively or metaphorically equating it to soul food, right?

Faggot.
>>
>>8569658
>pedantics

It's official, local man loses arguement on the internet; looks stupid
>>
>>8569674
Not the person you were responding to. I'm just calling you out for being a retarded millennial who doesn't know how to use "literally'.
>>
>>8569676
Not the person who used the word "literally", and, technically, Mr. Pedant, I'm a GenX
>>
>>8569676
I'm only been lurking, above related is my only post.

Argueing petty pedantics has never been a relevant part of a discussion, aspecially not with arbitrary bias.
>>
>>8569397
Trying way too hard to fit in, Pablo.
>>
>>8569328
Lel, nothing is worth having Somalis. They're some of the worst wastes of oxygen on the planet.
>>
>>8569770
>never meeting a Samoan
>>
>>8569789
Do Samoans have any redeeming qualities?
>>
>>8569617
>You literally just equated soul food to "corrected ethiopian food", and now you're trying to do damage control by posting a bunch of links?
I did. This seems to be the only thing you actually do understand. How is it so hard for you to believe Ethiopian food isn't very good to my very educated palate? I think it's all a big mush eaten with mushy gluten-free bread. I like gluten, and since Indian breads have it, I'll not be saying they are the same thing. Kulcha is as different from a pappadam which is as different from a busted up shirt in the Caribbean. I'll take crepes or buckwheat blinis over injera bread. I'll even eat poi again over that nasty bread. Stop whining that you like what I don't like. I absolutely think the evolution of soul food in America indeed did fix what was wrong with heritage African foods, mainly because they weren't living in a desert anymore and not confined to it.
>>
>>8569845
They make good wrestlers

That's about it
>>
>>8569171
My great grandma didn't believe that food could spoil, and that "food spoilage" was all a scam to make you throw out perfectly good food and buy more.

There's a story my family tells about some Fawlty Towers style farce at a dinner party, in which they had to switch out a roast turkey she was gonna serve that was so far gone it had green veins, for a new one they bought and snuck in, all while distracting her. Like most of my family stories it's certainly embellished to being 99% or total bullshit, but whatever.
>>
File: istock_000019748589_medium.jpg (1MB, 1131x1698px) Image search: [Google]
istock_000019748589_medium.jpg
1MB, 1131x1698px
My grandpa lived to be 95, he'd put salt on everything and every meal would either be served with a can of soda or coffee or he wouldn't eat it. Like the man would go through a full shaker of salt by himself in like 2-3 months.

He died of unrelated problems tho
>>
File: stopposting.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
stopposting.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>8569864
Ethiopian food has about as much to do with american soul food as punjabi food has to do with general tso's chicken.

Taste is subjective and you are entitled to have shit opinions about food, but when you start making objectively false claims to "justify" your shit taste, it's time to stop instead of digging in your heels and trying to act like a know-it-all.
>>
>>8569171
My Grandpa doesn't eat at all, and when he is forced to he only eats 1/4 - 2/3 of it. It's most likely his medicine or his dementia, since he used to eat just fine before.
>>
>>8569291
God that looks disgusting.
I absolutely hate raw or cooked onion, I only eat it if the texture and taste are masked in the food.
>>
File: .jpg (52KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
52KB, 640x477px
>>8569171
When my grandpa was a child (1950s), the diner in his hometown had a special burger sauce made from ketchup, mustard, and soysauce. It's been decades since he lived there, but he still makes it at home and demands it whenever he goes out. It's embarassing and somewhat sad; he's not exactly nice about asking for it and I'm certain his special sauce comes with boogers, spit and cum from the brown waitstaff.
>>
File: 874.jpg (68KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
874.jpg
68KB, 1024x764px
>>8569273
Holy shit, it's actually a real thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clabber_%28food%29
>>
>>8569171
My papaw would make oat meal really lumpy and sticky along with sos (shit on a shingle) which was basically biscuits and gravy with extra sausage. He was an army cook and made some damn good food that was cheap as fuck. I wish I took the time to learn a little from him before he passed
>>
>>8570199
How does one solve the problem?
>>
My grandmother is funny about textures. She doesn't like puddings. She also doesn't like seafood since they didn't eat seafood where she grew up in West Virginia.
>>
>>8569273
>>8570231
Really popular with depression era old people. My great grandma (born in like 1910) always loved clabber. When she got super old she wanted it but no one would ever make it for her
>>
>>8569227
>Greek or Italian
>white people
>ethnic
???
>>
>>8569255
So what? I'd be embarrassed by your bitch ass. They should've made more pirate jokes though...
>>
>>8569364
>On a similar note, you couldn't pay me to ever have Ethiopian food again, not even once more. Their food is like intentionally opposite and contrary spice and sweetness profiles. Sugar in the eggs and spinach, hot spice in the fruit. The injera bread is like someone let a pancake sit in water and mold over. Horrible. I think people who like it have never had good middle eastern or asian food and just think they like it just for being different.

agreed, fuck Ethipian food, worst dining experience of my life and got tremendously sick afterwards

was at a place in New York. Great honey wine though
>>
>>8570119
Please never post again. Thank you.
>>
>>8569291
looks atrocious
nothing triggers me like cheese-heavy dishes
>>
>>8570199
Quinky sauce?
>>
>>8570500
Yeah, but not the right type of white people.
>>
>>8570105
>Taste is subjective
Wrong.
>>
>>8569364
How can you expect Ethiopians to have developed food culture when they have no food to begin with
>>
My grandpa really enjoyed sandwiches, especially when they had mayonaise, peanut butter, butter and bologna. He would always eat 2 for breakfast.
>>
>>8569397
Trump eats all the fries before starting the burger.

#notmyprez
>>
>>8569256
My mom did that only once and it was so awful even our two dogs wouldn't eat it. We ended up throwing it out and ordering pizza. [spoiler] we still give her crap about it [/spoiler]
>>
>>8569171
My grandfather was from the backwoods hills of Kentucky. I used to see him buy those giant jars of pickled rope bologna, and just eat it, as one enormous piece. When he was finished, he boiled as many eggs as would fit and crammed them into the remaining liquid and stored them in a sunny spot on the kitchen counter, and start eating on them after just a few days.
>>
My grandpa's favorite snack was a toasted Hershey bar and butter sandwich. I've never gotten around to trying one, but I'm sure it's both delicious and disgusting at the same time.
>>
>>8570500
>Greek or Italian
>white
>>
>>8569171
Yeah man. I've been hanging out with my grandpa a lot lately. The guy's "allergic" and "sensitive" to everything, so idk how but I guess I convinced him to try a banh mi one time and now he loves banh mi's.
Despite the fact that he always asks them to hold the bbq sauce, the cilantro, and the peppers, so I guess all that's left if carrots cucumber and meat. Weird guy.
>>
>>8571707
>>8571837
>flyovers
>>
>>8571881
From NY, actually
>le flyover meme
>>
File: 6727291813_f120824a91_b[1].jpg (182KB, 798x1023px) Image search: [Google]
6727291813_f120824a91_b[1].jpg
182KB, 798x1023px
>>8569221
>>
>>8571707
>>8571837
>americans
>>
ITT: Americans are disgusting
>>
>>8570231
What do you think yoghurt and sourcream are, anon-san?
>>
>>8572454
Milk or milk products fermented at a controlled rate by people who know their shit, not just milk set out to curdle by some random scot or some random depression era american
>>
>>8570062
>Like the man would go through a full shaker of salt by himself in like 2-3 months.
This is fine.
>>
>>8571893
thos look good
>>
>>8569171

My grandmother grew up during the great depression

Noodles and grape jelly.
>>
>>8570658
Posted again.
>>
>>8569250
Pls be a cute Japanese American girl.
>>
>>8569171
My grandpa eats bread and grapes or watermelon and grapes
>>
My grandma likes hawaiian pizzas.
>>
my grandmother cooked everything in a cast iron skillet until it was well done. her food was truly awful
>>
>>8572496
Okay. How do you think sour cream was invented?
(I'll give you a hint: It has something to do with the "sour" part)
>>
>>8572765
Clabber milk drinker detected.
>>
File: 1477713207710.png (79KB, 243x221px) Image search: [Google]
1477713207710.png
79KB, 243x221px
>>8570231
>A German version is calledDickmilch(thick milk)
>>
>catholic grandparents acting like they're required to eat fish on fridays, just because it's permitted
>>
>>8572845
Old Catholics love that shit. I bet they hate the new Pope too.
>>
My grandfather grew up in the depression on a farm that was pretty heavily effected by the dust bowl.

When my grandmother died he had no idea how to cook.

When I would go to his house things I saw him make for himself over and over again were:

ketchup and mustard butter milk

litterally a glass of cold butter milk with ketchup and mustard squeezed into and then lightly stirred with a fork. Not enough to blend but enough so as you drank you got "strings: of ketchup and mustard

Onion sandwhiches

1/2" thick slice of raw red onion on white wonderbread with mayo and mustard.
DESU when I get drunk I always crave these for some horrible reason

"savory" shredded wheat

shredded wheat, the kind with out the frosting pn one side. Add water till it almost floats then microwave for like eight fucking minutes add salt and pepper and enjoy! wtf?

HOT DOGS HOT DOGS HOT DOGS
Holy fuck did my grandpa make amazing fucking hot dogs with grilled mustard and toasted buns tons of red onion and MUSTARD MUSTARD MUSTARD BECAUSE KETCHUP WAS FOR POTATOES
>>
>>8570500
Have you ever seen a Sicilian?
>>
>>8574164
>1/2" thick slice of raw red onion on white wonderbread with mayo and mustard.
My Georgia raised grandfather used to make a thick vidalia onion sandwich, with I believe just simply mayo, but knowing him it was Durkee's sandwich spread (which was a mustardy mayo with other spices. Sometimes I think it was just to make my grandmother really upset like get-away-from-me with the onion breath generator. He liked to tease her. LOL.

As an adult, I realize it was James Beard's favorite sandwich too, and published in his cookbook in the mid 60s. His were tea sandwiches, rolled in parsley that stuck to the mayo, and chilled til cold and crisp.
>>
oe god, my dad loved mashed taters, buiscuits n vegtables. n sourcrout n weenies, n corn bread. bout it.
>>
>>8572765
It's a good thing we aren't eating the first batch of sour cream every time we eat sour cream then, huh sperglord?
>>
My great-grandmother used to buy those mesh baggies of pungent ass white onions at the grocery store. With every meal, she'd cut off a good 1/4 to 1/3 wedge, not to be cooked with the food, but just so she could occasionally pick it up and take a huge bite out of it. She always had chronic onion breath because of it.
>>
>>8569171
my grandmother is a korean restaurant founder/head chef. she's a self made millionaire. excellent cook.

she orders steak well done at restaurants.
>>
File: espresso3.png (179KB, 538x439px) Image search: [Google]
espresso3.png
179KB, 538x439px
>>8574011
>>8572845
The fish thing was basically clarified in the Second Vatican Council as saying you don't HAVE to eat fish on Friday as it was just a specific form of penance for some people for whom eating red meat every day was a big deal (flyovers, basically). Other forms of penance were also acceptable, not necessarily even dietary.

But yeah reactionary tards who think that Mass should always be in Latin will go out of their way to show that they reject the official policy of the Church, which in their minds makes them Real Catholicsâ„¢ even though doing this literally puts them on the same level in the eyes of God as nondenominational megachurch scum from the Bible Belt.
>>
>>8570441
That's sad. Why wouldn't they make her any,
>>
>>8572781
I used to eat that with crushed rusk and sugar on hot summer days.
>>
>>8569171
When my father was younger, money was fairly tight, and my grandfather having been raised most of his life in a similar or worse off financial situation would get canned biscuit dough, roll it out, pour a can of white beans and a can of creamed corn on top, throw that shit in the oven, and then cover it in ketchup and call it a pizza.
This is the same man who uses the bone from a raccoon's penis as a toothpick and keeps a can of tuna in his pocket all day during work because, and I quote, "When I get home it tastes like pussy."
>>
>>8570062
As people age a lot of their systems begin to lose functions/become less effective, one of those being your taste receptors so it isnt uncommon for elderly people to use a large amount of salt in their foods, it's because they cant really taste food as well as they used to
>>
Chinese dad
>hated milk and cheese
>regarded 90% of any non-Chinese food as suspicious foreign muck to be avoided at all costs
>>
>>8576072
>hated milk and cheese
This kills the man
>>
>>8569269
>>
>>8569364
Unlucky. You've never had proper ethiopian then. Protip, make it yourself so you know no nigger has has touched it.

I made my own injerra once, was a lot of work.
>>
>>8569171
My dad refuses to eat Mexican food
>>
>>8569255
Anthrax attacks were literally a government false flag, must suck having bluepilled relatives
>>
>>8570105
Wrong
>>
>>8576223
>Anthrax attacks were literally a government false flag
No it was a rogue weapons expert with help of Saddam.
>>
File: 1242585136689.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1242585136689.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
>>8569171
My gfs dad refuses to eat my mothers cooking or any mexican food for that matter, he says its "too spicy" but thats just white man talk for "i dont like mexicans" good thing im banging his daughter, i bet that really chaps his ass.
>>
>>8569211
Mac and cheese is a casserole.
>>
>>8569255
My fucking parents do this every fucking time we go eat Chinese. Every fucking time.
>>
>Danish Grandpa
>Would eat a sandwich with only one slice of bread.

Me:What the fuck, Gramps
Him: Ya, my boy. this is how you make a sandvich!

Every fucking time. Also, you've been a leaf for 60 years. You'd think the accent would have lessened.
>>
>>8576513
There's nothing wrong with open sandwiches.
>>
>>8576520

Yeah, maybe if you're a Scandinavian and bread is a luxury because all you get there is Surströmming, Lutfisk and Blodsoppa
>>
>>8576531
My entirely whole grain bread, without added gluten, can't be sliced any thinner, and two slices would make things too dry.
>>
>>8569583
My grandparents are millionaires they've traveled all over North America and Europe but they refuse to try Asian food one time I said you guys have traveled everywhere would you ever want to go to Asia and they said no why would any one want to go there
>>
>>8576531
Some people prefer a higher ratio of non-bread. Get over it.
>>
>>8569221
Shit like this makes me terrified at what the world is gonna look like when contemporary advertisements are as clunky as dated at this shit currently looks.
>>
>>8572454
And crem fresh
>>
File: 1484628733139.jpg (690KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1484628733139.jpg
690KB, 1000x1500px
>>8576513
>Ya, my boy, this is how you make sandvich!
I dont know why but this made me chuckle heartily
>>
>>8576550
Not going to happen, we've hit peak advertisement. Advertisement works in 3 stages, discovery, reasoning, and feeling. First you announce that your product exists, then you give a reason why consumers would want the product, after that you try to sell the feeling. The closer you get to trying to sell a feeling the more you'll find competition among brands of similar products. You can still see this sort of advertising in places where people are trying to sell new things or ideas, places like kickstarter or magazines that showcase new tech.
>>
I occasionally dropped into visit my very senile great-grandparents with my mum before they died.

One time, my mum enquired about what they were having for dinner. My great-Grandfather said he was cooking mince. I checked the oven and found a burnt Christmas pudding.
>>
>>8569365
Norm plz.
>>
>>8569227
Stop being old on 4chan.
This place is for young adults
>>
>>8576690
My gran was born in 1911 and I'm probably younger than you. All women in my family get pregnant in their 40's to test immortality.
>>
>>8576753
Having a baby after 30 destroys your body.
>>
>>8576758
>Having a baby destroys your body.
fify
and in the long run all bodies rot anyway, so who cares as long as no autism or other defects, which case just kill it off.
>>
>>8576619
He left Denmark in 1953 at aged 20 and the guy still sounds like he's fresh off the boat. It's hilarious. And I am understating the "Ya". It's more like "Yaaaaa". long and drawn out.
>>
>>8576432

I'm sure he's quite he's upset you took his 200+ pound and growing bottomless pit off his hands.
>>
>>8576856
Jaja
>>
>>8576758
Not if you keep an active lifestyle, Mr.amerifat
>>
>>8576926
hip bones gets displaced after a birth. that's how anthropologists can confirm a childbirth from skeletal remains, and why some women have bodies that look 'aged' even when they are fit with tight skin.
>>
>>8576933
They age like milg
Disgusting
>>
>>8577383
Idk. Twinkdeath comes sooner than girldeath, so I would say humanity in general is shit at aging. Good living helps though. I've met plenty of girls who looked teenlike in their 30s and they all lived stress free and ate quality whole foods. Guys falling for the junk food and beer macho routine age like black mold.
>>
>>8569291
Add something "meaty" like smoked ham and you've a pretty good sandwich.
>>8570119
Either bait or manchild
>>
File: 1486922774614.jpg (11KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486922774614.jpg
11KB, 203x249px
>>8569256
Holy shit yes. I got into some trouble back home and moved in with an old friend and his parents. His mom would use literally no seasoning, and pretty much boiled everything. But in her defense her husband would flip the fuck out if she made it any other way. When he was away at work and she cooked, it was quite tasty.
>>
>>8569364
t. Californian

>middle eastern genocide when?
>>
>>8576057
Which is why old men drink scotch and smoke cigars
>>
>>8575816
They thought it was too gross I guess. I was very young then, I'd gladly make an old persons gross milk for them.
>>
>>8569171
>old people's eating habits?
The grandpa of a friend of mine bows over his plate, he put his arms between the plate and the rest of the people eating with him. He served in second world war and was imprisoned by the russian. He was deported to kazakhstan and was forced to work there for 7 years until he got free and returned to his home and family.
>>
>>8569171

Yes. My grandma (Polish) wrote everything on a notebook. She passed away in '99, but i keep her notebooks in my special place.

It's basically three chapters:
1. how do not waste meat
2. how to use meat during the war
3. how to make something with just little meat during the post-war times.

Im in the process of translating it.
>>
>>8571893

That German plate looks pretty good. Making me crave some red cabbage kraut.
>>
>>8569364
I like their coffee, and their meat/veggies can be good, but I agree injera sucks. Like a sour, spongy pancake.
>>
>>8578620
Cool. I have a sad feeling her advice is going to be very valuable in the near future.
>>
>>8572743
Nope, just a cute Japanese American girl (male).
>>
>>8576538
Can they buy you some punctuation? Holy shit.
>>
>>8569291
I drove cross country three times on nothing but cheese, onion and mustard sandwiches
>which I assembled while driving
>and handmade cigs
>also while driving
>>
>>8570018
This and roasting pigs.
>>
I thought this story my grandfather told about Italian restaurants was funny

>Back in the 1920s
>Grandfather walking down the street with his mom
>They walk by an Italian restaurant
>His mom said "I hope you never go in a place like that!"
>>
>>8576072
>Chinese dad

My deepest sympathies
>>
>>8569273
Mexicans do it too, it's called hocoque.
>>
My grandmother, who started showing signs of alzheimers, kept a container of sour cream that had black mold in it, and used it regularly. When my mother tried to throw it away, she threw a fit. When asked what the black shit was, she said it was chocolate. She was soon put into a home.
>>
Oh, also, my grandfather ate spaghetti and peanut butter sandwiches.
>>
File: c957c135ce[1].jpg (64KB, 620x475px) Image search: [Google]
c957c135ce[1].jpg
64KB, 620x475px
>>8576455
>Go to a sushi bar or a hibachi grill with family
>Excessive ching chong noises and WW2 references intensifies
>>
My grandmother refuses to eat any Asian food claiming that it is too spicy.

I figured she had a bad experience the the (probably) garbage Asian restaurants in Mulingar, but she actually has never tried it.

I think I will cook her some next time I'm in Ireland and just tell her that it's American food.

She also is afraid of any seafood with legs.
>>
>>8580261
>She also is afraid of any seafood with legs.
So am I. Fuck eating water-spiders.
>>
>brother in law and his wife of my friend are doing a world trip for one year or something
>fist stop is malaysia
>they complain how hard it is to find pizza
>>
>>8576619

>butter on steak

Absolutely fucking delicious.
>>
My grandmother likes to eat red sugar-free Jell-o with big dollops of mayo on the side.

She also taught me to enjoy anything with fake sugar in it, which is... not a good thing. I love diet coke and I love to eat plain wheat chex with skim milk and aspartame.
>>
>>8576438
Mac and cheese is a social construct
>>
>>8580033
:(
>>
My grandparents from Florida almost only eat fast food unless theyre hosting a large family dinner or something
No exaggeration, they eat chick fil-a maybe 4-5 times a week.
>>
>>8576550
>thinking "this shit" is "clunky"
Confirmed for no taste
>>
>>8572496
>not producing their own yogurt

pleb
>>
>>8580547
how fat are they and how bad do they smell?
>>
>>8572845
>Know whenever it's Lent season because the Long John Silvers by my house is suddenly packed every friday night all of march or April.
>Every Moose lodge and VFW like "Club" advertises fish fry's out the ass.
>>
>>8569221
pasta with sour cream is better
>>
My father tells tales of playing with a neighbor boy when he was a kid who would eat "Sugar Sandwiches"

White bread
Both slices buttered
Covered in just plain white sugar.

He'd eat two sandwiches and then go absolutely fucking crazy for the rest of the afternoon until my dad went back home.
>>
>>8580652
Bread, butter and sugar was something I ate too as a kid. It was a special treat my nanny would make for me.
>>
>>8569171
My father-in-law refuses to eat anything that isn't well done steak, plain fries, candy, pork chops, or fish and chips. He literally refuses to. He also only drinks coke or coffee.

He'll probably be dead soon.
>>
>>8569291
My grandfather would take a piece of white bread, spread ketchup on it, and literally put half an onion and go to fucking town.

i crie everytiem
>>
>>8580039
What is: Thai Peanut noodles Alex?
>>
>>8580652
Yeah, mom's friends took us onvacations to their house in the mountains Wich is kind of wierd since it was a really big house the father and his 8 brothers owner so I got to play with my friend (their son) and a group of other random kids both family and not
For some reason they loved eating butter bread with sugar, also there was no drinkable water and mom bought candy for me and my friend and told us not to tell the other kids
>>
>>8581314
>and mom bought candy for me and my friend and told us not to tell the other kids
HOLY SHIT man don't tell me you told the other kids?!
>>
>>8581390
i didnt
>>
>>8569515
You are a pleb
Low class shines through your comments.
>>
>>8569273
Shit's great, it's like yoghurt but without all the dick sucking.
>>
>>8576531
Is that why you eat pizza and not calzone?
>>
>>8569171
My grandpa eats raw bacon (or similar cuts like speck). In fact, he puts bits of speck in his fucking salads.

also my grandma would make pasta tossed in butter and poppyseeds. my mom would make it for me too when I was a kid and I loved it.

years later, she told me it was food improvised during communism
>>
>>8581937
????
>>
>>8574781
Hey, we do that too! Delicious with hearty meals
>>
When my grandparents were still around, they would slaughter a pig and eat from it for a couple of months until it was time to slaughter another pig.

My grandma kept the pure lard in a giant silver bowl sitting on the counter and every day would grab a piece of bread and scrape it in the lard so that there was a solid couple of inches of pure lard on it and eat that multiple times. She probably had at least half a pound of pure lard a day.

My grandpa claimed he hated garlic and would throw a fit if he saw my grandma cook with it, but whenever she cooked with garlic and remembered to fish out the garlic from the food he claimed the food was so good that day and said "see, you don't need garlic!!"

My mom has a weird thing about Mediterranean/Turkish/Lebanese food where she claims she hates it and always refuses to go to Lebanese restaurants but orders shit like tabouleh and kibbeh and other shit at restaurants that offer them.
>>
>>8569291

I just made this on dark rye bread with some soppressa salami, tremendous.
>>
>>8569171
canned crabapples
i always thought they were poisonous, but my grandma ate them all the time
>>
Grandpa would make mayonnaise covered apples. He would wedge the apple then cover all the slices in mayo. Made it for me once and it wasnt half bad think i might have to make it for myself sometime
>>
>>8578689
Dude you probably look shit and have a tiny wee fuck off it's not the board for this mentally ill shit.

My grandmother refused to eat anything that doesn't have tomatoes in it for some reason.
>>
>>8569770
Dude in my country we have people from Eritrea and all they do is be typical niggers but without helping society a tiny bit.
>>
>>8569256
My mom still pretty much cooks this way because my dad's mom cooked that way for his entire childhood and he thinks black pepper is too spicy and a tiny hint of jalapeno is like a forest fire in the mouth, plus she has heartburn problems too so even though she actually likes spicy food (more than him anyway) she can't even cook it for herself anymore

Everything she cooks is incredibly bland and I usually end up seasoning my plate extra to make up for it
>>
My grandfather has always had two bottles of wine every single night. One bottle with dinner then another bottle afterwards

He's 94 and has been doing this for 40+ years. I have no idea how he hasn't died yet
>>
>>8582674
Does he get drunk or has he developed such a high tolerance that its essentially just juice?

Do people consider him an alcoholic?
>>
>>8569171
My grandma whenever she makes spaghetti bolognese or any other kind of pasta she uses a premade sauce and only uses half the jar, then she puts flour in it to thicken it up, it turns out really bland and a has a reddish brown colour.

She avoids noodles and rice like the plague cause they have carbs but will eat bread, no clue what the fuck she's thinking for that one.

She avoids sugar like the plague and replaces it with artificial bullshit but she'll buy greek yoghurt at the store and eat it every day even though it's loaded with sugar, she never fucking reads the labels.

She'll keep hams until they go slightly green and sour smelling, she'll keep cheese even though it has mold on it and also sees no problem with keeping fruits and veg even though they're gone.

I have no clue how she hasn't killed herself with food poisoning
>>
>>8582601
...so be typical niggers?
>>
File: 7593759394.jpg (9KB, 229x229px) Image search: [Google]
7593759394.jpg
9KB, 229x229px
My grandfather insists on calling rolled oats 'Rude Oats' and using it as a platform to attack my grandmother.

>Has rolled oats for breakfast every morning
>takes the bowls
>'Hey Marge, these ROLLED OATS are actually Rude oats!'
>does an 'oatmeal voice' that sounds like John Wayne
>'Wow Marge, they should call you Homer fatty'
>'Marge I don't know what you did to me but I taste like shit'
>'Marge, Oats should be creamy, but you used your dried up haggard breast milk in me'

My grandmother basically cries once a day because of this shit, fucking old cunt
>>
>>8576186
>I made my own injerra once, was a lot of work.

yeah making pancakes is real hard lmao
>>
>>8576432
If she's willing to screw a Mexican, she's trash anyway and there's no reason to care about her.
>>
Gf tells of her grandfather eating Depression era "tomato soup" at a diner by ordering hot water and putting ketchup packets and salt and pepper in it. Wala :(
>>
>>8583608
Brother, have you considered putting your dong in those oats? There will be oats to spare.
>>
>>8569171
I work at my Grandparents house...
Dear god.

>Breakfast: Quaker Peaches and Cream Oatmeal with coffee and OJ every day.
>Lunch: Applebees, Ham and Cheese Sandwich, or half a hoagie from the deli.
>Dinner: pan-fries porkchops and baked "patata", canned chili, $1 tombstone pizzas, OR a "lovely roast" and a baked patata.
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.