[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS BAKED MAC AND CHEESE SUPPOSED TO BE DONE COVERED OR UNCOVERED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 3254932536_71e68fa7ed_b[1].jpg (654KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3254932536_71e68fa7ed_b[1].jpg
654KB, 1024x768px
IS BAKED MAC AND CHEESE SUPPOSED TO BE DONE COVERED OR UNCOVERED
20 MIN AT 400F?????
>>
>>8568841

Uncovered, obviously. How would you expect the top to brown if it was covered?
>>
>>8568874
hire some indians or something
>>
>>8568874
what happens if i cook it too long
>>
>>8568841

Uncovered. Did you precook the noodles or no?
>>
I bake mine at 350 for 20 minutes with foil on, then take off the foil and let it bake another 10 minutes. I find that the breadcrumbs always burn if I don't do the first part with foil. You'd want to change the times if you're baking at 400 for 20 minutes but the principal is the same.
>>
>>8568898
yeah but only al dente
>>
>>8568841
It depends how saucy your ratio of sauce to pasta was originally. I do al dente noodles, a good 1.5lbs of cheese in my sauce, and like my pasta edges to get pretty done along the sides (my favorite part of lasagna too), so the way that I do it is covered 20 minutes to warm it and congeal it all the way through and get the sides nice and rubbery, hahaha, but without that much moisture loss, and then I uncover another 15 minutes to dry and brown my top. So, 20 covered, 15-20 uncovered. If you are doing it ahead, you can even lengthen the covered part, holding it as needed.

I think if you bake it only 20, you don't end up with a casserole, but loose noodles that roll off the serving spoon like when you first put it in the dish, and not that much of an adhereing top crust that stays crunchy til the last mouthful. Yea, 20 minutes is a tad too short to bake it, though it's fully cooked when it went in there, it needs to set up with a longer bake.
>>
>>8568841
>>8568894
You are fucking retarded. Have you never cooked anything involving a bake or roast?

And then you make some shitty joke "INDIANS BROWN PEEPOLE XD". I dislike the public hygiene in India as much as anyone, but that's a shit joke.

Obviously, you bake it uncovered. try 25min at 400, and then turn the grill/salamander on if you oven isn't a piece of shit and WATCH it until it's the color you like. Proper color will make it taste better.
>>
>>8568910
no i mean native americans
>>
>>8568909
i greased the sides with olive oil, was that enough for crunchy/crispy sides?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.