[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've never had this, is it truly great or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: lobster.jpg (95KB, 604x464px) Image search: [Google]
lobster.jpg
95KB, 604x464px
So, I've never had this, is it truly great or is it a meme for real?
>>
I had one while I was on vacation in San Francisco. I didn't really know how to eat it, so I don't think I got as much meat out of it as I probably should have, but it tasted similar to crab except not as sweet and a bit tougher. I wouldn't get it again if crab is on the menu. The clam chowder was good though!
>>
pretty good. i like the steak and lobster meme though, lobster by itself just isnt as good as with a nice steak.
>>
I sneaked one into the Cinéma on Friday night for a change, I have to admit I felt superior to the plebeians there with their crab legs.
>>
>>8568186

Yes. I prefer it boiled.

Some butter and lemon.

It's really fucking great. Lobster bisque is also the shit.
>>
When you have it whole in the shell it's a meme, but mixed to make other foods like bisque or thermidor it's fantastic
>>
>>8568216

what kind of lobster tastes anything like crab?
>>
Overpriced as hell. Lobsters isn't exactly rare, it's common as hell and in great abundance.

Tastes good, but not worth the price tag.
>>
its got to be super fresh, otherwise dont bother
>>
>>8568647
king crab is actually harder to get
>>
It used to be peasant food for good reason. Now it's just a way for fat shits to shovel butter without feeling like fat shits.
>>
>>8568186
Yeah lemons are good. But there's sea bugs next to them. You might not want to chance it.
>>
>>8568912
t. pilgrim
>>
>>8568186
The two important things to remember about lobster are:

>They are closer to cockroaches than to crabs
>they used to be so abundant on New England beaches they were used to feed indentured servants and household help.

Very low rent food, sold to the gullible for ridiculous prices.
>>
Lobster is great, lobster mac and cheese is a shitty meme tho
>>
>>8569540
>they were used to feed indentured servants and household help.
damn they ate good then
lobster is delicious even if it is overpriced like hell
>>
File: tumblr79870789.png (167KB, 400x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr79870789.png
167KB, 400x445px
>Eating water roaches
>>
>>8569581
Lobster wasn't served fresh back then.
They canned it like tuna, and apparently the resulting product was so vile that prison inmates considered lobster dinner to be cruel and unusual punishment.

My own grandfather had access to plenty of fresh lobster and wouldn't even fertilize his garden with it, lobsters were nothing more than filthy bottom feeders unfit for human consumption to him.
>>
>>8570908
Wasn't the standard serving ground up , pressed into cubes then heavily salted and canned in a brine?
>>
>>8568186
Its good, but it needs to be fresh and prepared well.
>>
>>8568186
it's a better-tasting shrimp

and i love shrimp
>>
>>8568636
The kind eaten by a tard apparently.
>>
>>8570887
roaches are blattodea

lobsters are water pill bugs
>>
>>8570908
>grandfather wouldn't even fertilize his garden with it

Early onset alzheimers, huh?
>>
>>8570951
Cancer got him long before that.
>>
>>8570908
>They canned it like tuna
yeah canned lobster is actually pretty awful
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.