[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I require assistance. I'm a fairly decent home cook, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1360645768716.jpg (926KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1360645768716.jpg
926KB, 2816x2112px
I require assistance. I'm a fairly decent home cook, but I'm dating a girl who has an autoimmune disease and cannot eat the following things

>gluten
>dairy
>egg whites
>nightshades
>citrus
>chilis

What dishes can I make for her? Meat is fine. Egg yolks are also fine. I was considering some variation on carbonara, minus the cheese.
>>
>>8562817

Just walk away dude. Walk away...
>>
I'm pretty sure I could get away with asian themed dishes. They usually don't use any of those things, except maybe citrus once in a while. Not sure if she has bad reactions to yuzu.
>>
>>8562826
>>8562844
Sad state of affairs to be limited so much, asian is probably your best bet.
>>
>>8562817
doesn't nightshades include potato and tomato?
Please tell me she eats meat.

Steak and salad, Unfortunately she won't be able to have the ketchup.
>>
>>8563263
Potato and tomato, yeah. She does eat meat. Citrus is also fine, as long as it's not overly acidic. I have a few things in mind I could make, coconut milk and almond milk can serve as dairy substitutes. I refuse to lower myself to using vegan cheese.
>>
File: DSC_0682.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0682.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>8562817
carbonara needs cream aka dairy.
You can slow cook lamb shoulder (i like the way jamie olive oil does it, heat up the oven full ball, score and season , sit it on a bed of rosemary, cover with foil and 10 mins then turn oven down to 160c for 3.5 hours.) Mix that with a bunch of your favorite roasted veggies with a puree with no butter, only oil (fenal and apple is nice, or parsnip could work better with lamb). Here is a pic of a similar dish i did a while back. I did the lamb then set it in a tray and cut it then reheaded it in the oven. then just garnished with all different veggies and puree.
>>
File: 1378622697038.png (29KB, 492x131px) Image search: [Google]
1378622697038.png
29KB, 492x131px
>>8563299
>carbonara needs cream
stopped reading there
>>
>>8562844
Yuzu is a citrus fruit man, best to avoid it
>>
>>8563182

Limiting myself because I won't date women allergic to everything which would severely limit my diet. You know there are lots of women right? There are plenty of them who aren't genetic abominations.
>>
>>8562844
Asian was my first though. Any ideas for a dish op ill try to help out if i can.

I work in a sushi resturant.
>>
>>8563299
>carbonara needs cream aka dairy
"no"
>>
>>8563314
Also yuzu is citrus
>>
>>8562844
I'd go with Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai. Also you can do a lot of South Asian dishes - you can do Indo-Pak food substituting peanut oil for ghee and not using chilies. All kinds of bean, meat and vegetable curries on that front, just serve with rice instead of breads.
>>
Tell her to toughen up, and slowly cure her by adding small amounts of those things she supposedly "can't" eat to her food. That's how I cured my allergy to avocados.
>>
>>8563314
I did a trial run of making Tom Ka Gai, it was okay but seemed a bit bitter. I'm not sure what went wrong. I can do fried rice without a problem.

I actually never learned how to make sushi rice.
She can have citrus, just as long as the food isn't overly acidic.

>>8563323
I know almost nothing about korean food other than kimchi, and absolutely nothing about south asian food. Any dishes you could suggest?

>>8563327
I'd prefer not slowly killing my krav maga instructor.
>>
>>8563313
What point are you even trying to make? If it was a big issue for him he wouldn't date her, and asian is probably his best bet.
>>
>>8563339
She sounds fit and athletic, she can take it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.