[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zucchini, tomatoes, chickpeas, onions, red bell peppers, yellow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: PIC0934.jpg (1012KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
PIC0934.jpg
1012KB, 3024x4032px
Zucchini, tomatoes, chickpeas, onions, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, red chili peppers, carrots, pesto, orzo, chicken broth, oregano, salt, black pepper, parmesan cheese.

Suggestions for additions welcome.
>>
>>8562474

looks tasty

add 1/4 a stick of butter
>>
>>8562474
Paprika
>>
>>8562474
Needs more meat
>>
Add some crawfish
>>
>>8562495

I was thinking Italian sausage but wondered if that might overwhelm some of the other flavors, like the pesto.
>>
>>8562474
maybe some cabbage or barley

also some hunks of cod or shelfish for meat i dunno
>>
Add some big chunks of chicken
>>
OP is a fruity faggy vegan, you morons

the only meat he likes is the kind that he gets shoved up his butthole
>>
>>8562581

I wasn't aware that vegans used chicken broth.
>>
>>8562581
>vegan
>chicken broth
>parmesan cheese

retard
>>
>>8562474
>Suggestions for additions welcome.

Some chunks of spicy sausage
>>
>>8562474
Adding much else would over complicate it, you might want to add a bit of chili powder or cayenne but I wouldn't add too much else. If you cut the parm, oregano, pesto and orzo you could take it in an Indian direction with some spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, cinnamon and star anise.
>>
>not roasting the zucchini beforehand
>>
you can put chickpea if you like

also eat this with couscous
>>
>>8562614
Does that really make a difference, in a stew?
>>
>>8562581
merely pretending?
>>
>>8562474

Put some meat in there.
>>
>>8564600
its kinda like browning meat in a stew
>>
might be good with squid
>>
>>8562474
you already added too many ingredients
>>
>>8564736

What would you cut out?
>>
>>8566706
An artery you fucking donkey.
>>
>>8562474
that dish is a shitshow, i don't even know where to begin

there's just way too much going on
>>
>>8566764
You'll need to be more articulate if you expect me to take you seriously.
>>
>>8568293
I think what he means is, the dish is a shitshow and he doesn't know where to begin. There is too much going on.
>>
File: 1372456973269.gif (2MB, 340x223px) Image search: [Google]
1372456973269.gif
2MB, 340x223px
>>8566764
>>
>>8562474
I don't get the pesto, that just seems weird. But the rest seems like a standard "clean out your fridge"-stew. No need to purposefully add more ingredients when the point is to use up what you want to get rid of.
Looks good imo, add some fresh herbs to jazz it up and you're done
>>
>>8562474
>not adding black olives
>>
>>8566764
Care to explain why? I'll wait.
>>
>>8568333
I agree, both that it looks good, and that the pesto is the only odd thing. I guess because for me, that's a relatively pricey ingredient (if basil's out of season) with a delicate flavor that seems somewhat wasted in the stew. But I suppose if it was going to go bad and you couldn't find a better use for it, might's well throw it in.

OP, beyond that, I'd taste it and see what you think. I like lemon in a stew like that, but most people probably don't.

I also like coarsely cut kale, as it holds up to heavy cooking, and I like having some greens in the stew.

Once it's cooked, and you're serving up a dish of it, I'd probably add a little EVOO (it will lose its flavor if added while cooking) for some added fat. And I'd probably add parmesan at that point instead of while cooking as well, but that's a bit more arbitrary.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.