[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /ck/ eat canned sardines and herring? They've become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: sardine.jpg (307KB, 1375x826px) Image search: [Google]
sardine.jpg
307KB, 1375x826px
Does /ck/ eat canned sardines and herring?

They've become a comfort food to me. I toast up some sliced sourdough bread, brushed with olive oil and ground pepper. I layer the slices with smoked herring right from the can, and top with a bit of dill.
>>
File: profcom-011.jpg (2MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
profcom-011.jpg
2MB, 3000x4000px
>>8560430
Like this
>>
File: TraderJoesSardinesOpened.jpg (738KB, 2218x1394px) Image search: [Google]
TraderJoesSardinesOpened.jpg
738KB, 2218x1394px
>>
>>8560430
My cats won't even eat those damn things.
>>
>>8560561
Your cats are pussies
>>
They're kinda good with rice, I don't like the texture with bread.
>>
>>8560437

The way things are around here lately you could win this months cooking with this. Looks good.
>>
I really like this video of a sardine factory. Sardines are delicious, I got addicted to them as a child.

https://youtu.be/AEKLs0_vA8k
>>
I eat smoked herring every now and then but can't afford sardines.

My favorite canned fish product is smoked cod liver.

You fry it till you get a crispy surface, add some finely chopped onions and garlic, salt, pepper and serve on toasted bread

too bad your whole house and every single kitchen utensil will smell like cod for the next week or so, but it's worth it.
>>
>>8560430
Curry: http://malayali.me/special/easy-recipes/quick-sardine-curry
>>
I like eating them on crackers topped with some dijon mustard. My favorite canned seafood is smoked oysters though, i eat them straight from the can.
>>
>>8561053
WTF? In this shithole (Poland) canned sardines are one of the cheapest foods. You literally pick them if you can't afford a normal meal.
>>
I tried using sardines for cooking. They don't work as well as anchovies, too much of a fishy taste still.
>>
>>8561036
it does look god but it's no mcchicken
>>
>>8560430

I have a soft spot in my heart and stomach for kippers, but I don't eat them often.
>>
lol I just ate a tin of sardines in tomato sauce.
btw sprats (european sprats) are 100x better than sardines.
>>
>>8560437
Beautiful, man.
>>
Kippers are my jam, but sardines are alright too
Anchovies are pretty good as well, but mainly as a seasoning.
>>
I eat the tinned mackerel/sardines in tomato sauce.
>>
>>8560430
i do the same but rub a garlic clove on the toast and also have hot sauce on side
>>
Do sardines taste better with lemon sprayed on them?
>>
>>8560430
actually yes i've taken quite a liking to them especially the mustard ones.
>>
Freshly made bread with sardines on top is actually pretty great
>>
I love them, but everyone else around me thinks they're gross so it's a rare treat.
>>
I have a couple can of sardines in my pantry and I have no idea what to do with them. I generally like fish but sardines are kind of meh. I've only had them plain though.

So what should I do with them?
>>
Best way to heat them up? I'm not a fan of lukewarm fish
>>
>>8562442
Heat them up in olive oil with a few cloves of garlic and serve on top of pasta.

>>8562500
I heat them in a single layer in a cast iron pan on low heat, and usually I eat them with pasta so after I drain my pasta I toss it in the pan with the sardines, which also heats them up.
>>
>>8561084

In Finland going by my nearest shop's prices, canned sardines in tomato sauce from the cheapest manufacturer go for 13e/kg and canned sardines in olive oil for 20e/kg.

tuna at is cheapest is 6e and chicken leg is like 2.50.

I guess I could go and check LIDL prices but there's not one close.
>>
File: wpid-img_20140621_192655.jpg (423KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-img_20140621_192655.jpg
423KB, 1250x1250px
>>8560430

Pic related is the best thing a man can ever taste.
>>
>>8560437
I do the same, but with mustard and thick slices of raw red onion. I call it the homewrecker. Fortunately the wife will eat it with me, so she doesn't complain about the state of my breath after.
>>
Ramsay's sardine/chili pasta is great, It's become a weekly staple of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZKLBD_LHYw
>>
File: Fishermans-Eggs-5.jpg (127KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
Fishermans-Eggs-5.jpg
127KB, 680x453px
>>8563212

Also fisherman's eggs.
>>
>>8563212
>Crispy garlic breadcrumbs

Shit, that sounds amazing. I did pretty much everything else the same in that video except for the breadcrumbs.
>>
>>8561053
>smoked cod liver
How ? I'm by no means a picky eater but I couldn't even swallow one bite of it. Is it an acquired taste ?
>>
I started eating tinned sardines recently. They're breddy gud but fucking hell the smell lingers
>>
>>8561053
where you live

I'm in the middle of colorado and I can still get top quality brand for like 3 bucks
>>
>>8563265

Have you tried frying it up first? I wouldn't eat the greasy blob straight out the can either.
>>
>>8560430
I dearly love anchovies
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.