[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of getting an immersion blender for soups, sauces, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: GROUP_CSB76._V165199016_.jpg (37KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
GROUP_CSB76._V165199016_.jpg
37KB, 500x333px
Thinking of getting an immersion blender for soups, sauces, and whatnot.

What else do you use your immersion blenders for?
>>
>>8559943
Feels great up the ass, but I'm sure you already know that.
>>
>>8559943
Make some good mashed potatoes with it.
>>
>>8559943

Fingers.
>>
Eggs, batter
>>
I use mine mostly for creamed soups. They're also handy at saving a lumpy gravy. They're not as powerful as a blender so don't expect silky smoothies out of them.
>>
File: tumblr_l4wppteTOT1qbwrero1_1280.jpg (405KB, 1024x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l4wppteTOT1qbwrero1_1280.jpg
405KB, 1024x800px
How about for hummus or a pesto?
>>
>>8559943
I got one and don't really use it. Didn't really use a blender or food processor much before-hand so if you don't now you probably won't when you get one
>>
>>8560011
Works decently, but as >>8560006 said the texture is not perfect.
>>
>>8559943
I was making blueberry wine and had to mash the blueberries with a potato masher. this probably would have been better
>>
>>8559943
Scare my cat with it.
Kind of like when I chase her with the vacuum nozzle.
>>
homemade mayo
youtube.com/watch?v=-oMV7t1Ynj0

but after buying it specifically for this, i quickly got bored with mayo and stopped using it.
>>
>>8559973
You mean blended. Mashed is a completely different technique. But I'm sure you knew that.
>>
>>8559943
Mayo and soup. They're cheap and handy. Consider it an investment into adulthood you gutter rat. Just get one.
>>
>>8559943
Get a decent one, 500+ watt, weaker ones tend to break down.
I use mine for soups, sauces, smoothies, mayonnaise, hummus, choppin' onions and garlic etc.
It's a great tool.
>>
>>8560763
>choppin' onions and garlic
????
>>
>>8560829

if you want really small, paste like consistency for onions and garlic it works.
>>
They scratched the fuck out of my pans.
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I thought I was being fairly gentle with the blender.
>>
I used mine the other day to foam eggs for quiche and made mayo. I make mayo in a widemouth pint ball jar and it's convenient to not have to dirty any dishes.
>>
>>8561093
mate how did you scratch your wares with them when they have edge guards built into it
>>
>>8559943
pretty much any blending job, since I dont have a big one.

smoothies
mayonaise
black bean paste
hummus
soups
>>
>>8561207

My guess is that he has an immersion blender with a metal guard, and the guard itself is what scratched the pan.
>>
>>8559943

They're super convenient since you can blend in the same pot that you're cooking the food in. Or if you're making a beverage then you can blend it right in the serving cup.

OTOH they don't produce as fine a texture as a proper blender does. If I want to make a really smooth sauce or pureed soup I still use my countertop blender.
>>
>>8559943
I have one, it's not great.
it's awful for smoothies because I don't have any glasses wide enough for it so I might as well use a real blender for those.
they also make potatoes way too smooth, it's real bad
the only thing they're good for is pureeing potatoes/squash/whatever for soups
>>
File: 1331361394388.png (135KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1331361394388.png
135KB, 325x325px
>>8561247
>>
>>8561281
>it's awful for smoothies because I don't have any glasses wide enough for it so I might as well use a real blender for those.

That's not a problem with the blender, that's a problem with your cup.

>they also make potatoes way too smooth, it's real bad

Pulse it bro, you don't have to run it balls-to-the-wall.
>>
>>8559943
protein shakes
>>
I make homemade dressings. Worth it desu
>>
File: 1008866.jpg (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1008866.jpg
19KB, 600x600px
Get one these op
>>
>>8561341

Not a bad idea. As with any other cooking tool the commercial stuff kicks the crap out of the "homeowner" brands.
>>
I use mine to blend my wife's sons food up. He's only 8 months old
>>
>>8561372
Thats nice of you how long have you been married?
>>
>>8561376
4 years. He's our first and planning another in 2018.
>>
>>8559943

I use it for "whipping" cream and for blending cocoa drinks.

Soups go in the blender though.
>>
Roommate used mine to unclog the toiler without permission. At least he told me before I used it again.

Worked pretty well though.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.