[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegans probably hate food. I was 100% vegetarian all of January.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 45678874567.jpg (14KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
45678874567.jpg
14KB, 600x449px
Vegans probably hate food.

I was 100% vegetarian all of January. It was practice to jump to vegan for February.

I literally lasted 6 hours as a vegan before I went to glorious mcdonalds and had mcdouble.

The vegan thing is b/c I'm literally some dumb zen buddhist, and I really don't squish ants even etc.

"vegetarian" was okay because I could still load my burritos and stir-fries and currys with sour cream, cheese, eggs, milk, cave aged emmental, blue, goat cheese, etc
Any helpful suggestions on Vegan? this is a trash diet for trashmen
>>
>>8555632
its a trash diet
you can eat meat and be a Buddhist
also even the ones who don't still eat animal products like milk and cheese

you're just aiding the animals reincarnation
>>
No one cares faggot, go blog somewhere else
>>
File: 1451336175541.jpg (185KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451336175541.jpg
185KB, 1200x800px
>>8555643
>>
why not the McChicken though?
to me that's a pretty good fast food sandwich :^)
>>
people who eat McDonalds hate food tho
>>
File: vegans.jpg (128KB, 640x643px) Image search: [Google]
vegans.jpg
128KB, 640x643px
>>
I never went longer than a weekend without eating some kind of animal flesh so I have no fucking clue of the life of a Vegan.

With that said if I were forced to adopt a Vegan lifestyle I'd definitely be living off Coconut Milk and Cream. Thai Curry is delicious, good Vegan friendly recipe here, skip that dumb Kale Meme though that shit will never taste good and I read it's got a scary amount of copper in it (which causes Alzheimer's) so why eat it right?

http://cookieandkate.com/2015/thai-red-curry-recipe/

http://cookieandkate.com/2015/thai-red-curry-recipe/
>>
>>8555657
lads......
>>
Alright serious advice. Look into indian recipes, you need to learn how to use spices and stuff but India has always had tons of vegetarians/unintentional vegans so they know how to make shit taste good.

Chana masala and bombay aloo were my go to at this Indian restaurant I loved that halfway through went full vegetarian.
>>
File: fish_sticks.jpg (49KB, 576x369px) Image search: [Google]
fish_sticks.jpg
49KB, 576x369px
Vegans have little reason to not be pescetarian, fish feel nothing, just eat them and get your protein.

Trust me, fish sticks are delicious, especially if made with a lemon flavoring.
>>
>>8555668
>to me that's a pretty good fast food sandwich :^)

It's the best.
>>
>>8556865
Vegans have little reason to be vegans
>>
>>8556862
>has always had tons of vegetarians/unintentional vegans

Why does this shit keep getting repeated?

The overwhelming majority of Indian food relies heavily on dairy products. That's literally why cows are sacred in the Hindu religion--because they provide sustenance in the form of dairy products. Nearly every dish in India starts with ghee (clarified butter).

Buddhism may have started in India, but:
a) it's a very very small % of the population
and
b) Buddhists can still eat meat, they simply can't kill the animal themselves, or eat meat that was specifically slaughtered for them. But if the meat was slaughtered for someone else and there happens to be leftovers? Game on. Plus, the Buddhist prohibition against eating meat only extends to land animals. Seafood (fish, shellfish) are not considered "meat".
>>
>>8555632

>sour cream

You can make decent sour cream from coconut milk though.

What veganism lacks is a good palette of easily available cheap processed intermediate ingredients (and ready meals). You have to spend a ton of time and consideration on prep, pay through the fucking nose or eat boring shit.
>>
File: IMG_1093.jpg (149KB, 1001x837px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1093.jpg
149KB, 1001x837px
>>8556921
retard.
>>
>>8556897
That's still vegetarian, so they're not entirely wrong. Eggs, dairy and honey are allowed.
>>
>>8556921
>cheap processed intermediate ingredients

Why would anyone ever want that? Processed foods are to be avoided, not embraced.
>>
>>8556932

No, I used it intentionally and correctly in that context. The word palette can serve as an idiom for a selection of components which can be composed.

>>8556937

I disagree. All dairy products are processed, all oil is processed, all flour is processed etc etc.

Creating a meal only from stuff as picked from the land leads to either requiring huge amount of prep time or boring meals.

Allowing other people to make intermediates for you, frees up your time and allows you to make more interesting food with less effort.
>>
>>8556897
butter is easily substituted with vegetable oils, they still have tons of vegetarian stuff

You're thinking about Theravada buddhism, in Mahayana they are usually strict vegetarians.

Most sea animals are just swimming vegetables but that is a personal view thing and up to individuals to decide

i grew up in SEA so the buddhists I know are mostly chinese
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.