[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have pretty terrible GERD. I'm attempting to go on a low-carb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I have pretty terrible GERD. I'm attempting to go on a low-carb diet, but I have one hour from when I wake up to prepare for work. What are some meals I can make with the amount of limited time I have?
>>
Toast
>>
>>8553327
I was under the assumption bread was chock full of carbohydrates.
>>
>>8553335
Sounds like a decent plan, so I'll try that and see how it works for me.
>>
you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up
>>
Scrambled eggs are very quick. You can also hard boil a bunch of eggs on the weekend and eat them throughout the week. Whole fat, unsweetened yogurt. (Add a small amount of berries.) I also like to slice up some avocado, salt it, and have it with my eggs. Microwaveable bacon is also a decent option if you don't have time to pan fry bacon.
>>
you don't have to eat breakfast, you know.
>>
>>8553340
>>8553344
>>8553369
Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll try them each out indvidually and hope it ends my GERD.
>>
>>8553340
you might have an intolerance to eggs

that's kind of how it starts

try not eating eggs for a few days and see if it clears up
>>
>>8553379

your coworkers will call you "eggy"
>>
OP I feel you. I carry around omeprazole XR and tums with me. Most of my friends don't know what it is like. Sometimes my triggers are legumes, sometimes excess oily foods, sometimes fibrous veggies. I can only recommend that you eat smaller meals when possible and look up the FODMAPS diet. Also see a gastro doctor, mine has been a huge help.
>>
OP have you tried Nexium? Don't bother with tums or other shit, maybe famotidine will help, but I'd suggest trying Nexium for a month.

In the meantime, identify your trigger foods and avoid them. Chances are, these foods are fast food or not good for you to begin with, and you'll learn quickly that a few days of discomfort and pain aren't worth the indulgence.

You might want to raise your bed where your pillows are using blocks to help prevent acid coming up when you sleep.

I wouldn't bother with low-carb. I would eat a healthy, varied diet without much "processed food" and go from there. Eat oatmeal in the morning, skip coffee and tea, reduce alcohol intake, and lose weight if you are overweight.
>>
>>8553485
I am
>>8553461

Nexium (esomeprazole) has only been shown to be marginally more effective than its "parent" compound, omeprazole. omeprazole is available for about 5 dollars over the counter where I live, and is potentially even cheaper as a prescription covered by insurance. Nexium can cost $20 a prescription. I do agree about the pillow repositioning and the avoiding low card. I have done keto for weeks at a time; its a useful diet but I enjoy having starches to combat stomach acid moreso.

If you are experiencing immediate pain OP, stroll on over to the store and get some Prilosec OTC, and take a 20mg pill. You will likely feel relief within minutes, but don't jump the gun and begin eating while the pill is being digested.
>>
Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.