[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /CK/ I graduated culinary school and realized I hate working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161120_130716.jpg (201KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161120_130716.jpg
201KB, 1080x1080px
Help /CK/ I graduated culinary school and realized I hate working in restaurants long hours shitty pay and you're disposable background School I thought it was glamorous being a pee on and working you way up over the years to a master
now I realize it sucks and I'm broke
>>
>>8551112
Might as well kill yourself then!
>>
>>8551112

maybe try not working at a shitty restaurant?

you're right on track with most people who go to culinary school, though.
>>
>>8551112
those are the worst looking puff pastries I've personally ever seen
>>
>>8551112
Get a head chef position at some place where the owner has more money than sense, do a halfassed job and minimal work and get paid salary while the business tanks but remember to leave to another before they go under so you can cite problems with management on your resume. Basically the same as the IT industry.
>>
File: 1486506526727.jpg (50KB, 338x498px) Image search: [Google]
1486506526727.jpg
50KB, 338x498px
>>8551155
delete this thread
>>
Same, Anon. Add to that the debt from student loans and the fact I went into the pastry business, but because of my wrists, I can't fucking decorate a cake to save my life. Turns out I just really like doing everything else. Breads and cookies and shit.

Which basically means I'll never go anywhere in this career and I fucked up, hard. Because people only want fucking cakes. So I'm stuck as a pastry cook or a pantry cook making 10 bucks an hour for the rest of my life.

Thanks genetics.
>>
>>8551196
Sell some gimmick cake or fancy doughnuts or some shit and hire a pablo to do any fancy icing. Or just some art student lmbo.
>>
>>8551196

lol, dumbass..

yopu can still work up from pantry to hot side. i never went to school and i'm a sous chef at a really nice restaurant just by working hard.

you'd have a huge advantage over someone like me with your pastry degree.
>>
File: 1486506601268.jpg (50KB, 338x497px) Image search: [Google]
1486506601268.jpg
50KB, 338x497px
>>8551190
delete this NOW
>>
>>8551183
This
>>
>>8551213
Yeah I've considered that. Cupcake shop or something else pastry related. They're all gimmicky and run out of business quickly though. Worked at one of those 'Nothing Bundt Cakes' places for a couple months and the owners (two asian ladies) got overwhelmed and sold the store off.

>>8551214
No doubt I can work in a kitchen. I'm not really mad about that. I've worked in a kitchen for a bit, went manager at a bakery, and head baker at another. I'm competent as shit.

Cooking is a shitty job with shitty benefits though senpai. Not that I was promised anything more from school, to be honest. It's just that the illusion of 'doing what I love' is heavily broken.
>>
>>8551228
It's all about MARKETING. Sell sell sell. As the quality wains or the customers drop, consider selling the business before there's a negative reputation.
>>
Get out while you can. It fucking sucks. You still have time
>>
>>8551112
>pee on
>>
>>8552793
Drumpff is into that I hear.
:^)
>>
Should have joined the military as a cook.
>Free training
>Tons of experience
>G.I. Bill if your cooking career tanks
>People are more likely to hire you because of the "THANK YOU FOR SERVING" mentality civilians have

But to address your problems, yeah, you will be treated like garbage. Because you are.
>Teacher gave me a gold star and 7 big boy points for frying a chalupa!
>I'm hot shit now!

Unless you went into that kitchen pulling some Yan shit and handled an entire dinner service yourself, then you actually have to earn respect by doing your job well.
Maybe you should try it?
>>
Everyone realizes they hate what they studied when they graduate
Just pretend you don't and force yourself to a miserable life
>>
>>8551112
run a dinner in a small town where people don't have a lots of options on where to go . Bacon and egg most days for senior citizens and no one want to drive a half an hour away so the business stays steady !
>>
wewlad
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.