[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The element is fucked in my fan oven but the grill is still working.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: grill oven.png (291KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
grill oven.png
291KB, 624x351px
The element is fucked in my fan oven but the grill is still working. Can I cook a frozen pizza with just the grill?
>>
>>8549695
Try it and find out
>>
Yes, turning the fan on makes it convection, this tends to make food cook faster and more evenly.

Without the fan it's just a regular old oven, and acts like a regular old oven.
>>
It's a convection oven you retard.

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-a-convection-oven-and-when-do-i-use-it-appliance-guides-from-the-kitchen-216549

When the fan is off it's just a normal oven.
>>
You will need to fip it half way
>>
>>8549697
Would rather like to hear someone fucking this up before I make a balls of it myself.

>>8549708
Nice, thanks I'm a little less hesitant now.

>>8549710
Ah, well I've never used anything other than fan assisted. couldn't hurt to ask tho. cheers.

>>8549715
dohohoho
>>
File: oven-heating-element-1.jpg (11KB, 425x336px) Image search: [Google]
oven-heating-element-1.jpg
11KB, 425x336px
>>8549695
>The element is fucked
>>8549708
>>8549710
The element has nothing to do with the fan.
The element heats the oven.
>>
>>8549723
Yeah, and the broiler will still make it hot

Might not be as fine controlled temp, depending on the oven, but if you're not a moron you can use it fine.
>>
>>8549723
The fan works fine, the element doesn't heat anything anymore. The grill elements in the oven work perfectly but obviously the fan isn't used then. I shall test this.
>>
Build a small fire in the bottom
>>
>>8549695
Get a pan and let it heat up under the broiler for 10-15 minutes
Put Pizza on hot pan and broil
>>
>>8549731
If the broiler settings allow multiple heat levels, you'll probably want to use the lowest.

If it just turns on at full blast without any control on the temp, then you'll need to be careful and watch how quickly it cooks and shit.

Frozen pizzas are engineered to cook in basically any oven under any number of odd circumstances, so you have a decent chance of it turning out just fine.
>>
>>8549725
Yeah, but what does the grill/broiler function have to do with the fan/convection function working?

It's almost like this stupid fucking thread is talking about two different functions.
>>
>>8549742
Probably because they are, the fact remains the OP can cook his pizza just fine.
>>
Get a shop vac and hold it next to the element to suck up the hot air and put the exhaust under the pizza
>>
>>8549740
To add to this, you'll probably want to use an oven rack furthest away from the heating element so you dont burn the cheese.
>>
File: 1412130369786.gif (1MB, 121x199px) Image search: [Google]
1412130369786.gif
1MB, 121x199px
>>8549740
>>8549751

Noted. I was all or putting it on the top rack. Retard me!

You saved me a load of headuck and yes the broiler has a dial for temperatures. Nice one.
>>
>>8549762
>broiler has a dial for temperatures
Nice, you should be good to go then.
If it lets you SET a temp, then just use the correct temp for the pizza, if not you'll want to use one of the lowest settings and watch it every few minutes after ~10 minutes for initial cooking.
>>
>>8549744
I guess the question becomes:
If you can run the convection feature along with the broiler feature as that would make it cook more evenly.
>>
>>8549770
It's possible, at least on SOME units. No idea about OPs however.
>>
look it up fairly easy to replace,20$.
>>
>>8549777
if he has a multimeter he should test for continuity in the heating element.

If it's truely the element thats broken then this test should tell you, otherwise it could be an electrical problem in the control circuits of the oven. (corroded or loose wires, etc)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.