[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoothies are great, easy as shit healthy as shit depending on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170204_132559.jpg (2MB, 2432x3286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170204_132559.jpg
2MB, 2432x3286px
Smoothies are great, easy as shit healthy as shit depending on what you add, and tasty as fuck
What are your smoothie recipes?
>Pic related frozen mixed berries 1.3 cups, 19 frozen grapes, a frozen orange, and iced green tea to thin it out
>>
equal parts strong coffee and rice milk, 1 chopped frozen banana, a scoop of protein powder, a scoop of flax, some oatmeal, and chia seeds if i have them.
>>
Cup of coconut milk/water, two scoops protein powder, one scoop raw ground up oatmeal, one banana, handful of raspberries, tbsp natural peanut butter, 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
>>
>>8539341

Forgot to add top off with mango juice...
>>
>>8539341
U should add some vanilla extract to that
Sounds like it would be good
>>
Is a milkshake just a less healthy smoothie?
>>
>>8539403
Sometimes a milkshake is more healthy if all you're putting in your smoothie is sugary fruit.
>>
>>8539417
Seems unlikely, the natural sugar in fruit is better than all the fat and processed sugar in ice cream that's often used in milkshakes.
>>
>>8539417
This.
>>
>>8539709
Don't get me wrong, having a couple bananas is still better for you than drinking a soda.

It's just that when everything you add has sugar in it then it stops being as good.

Add up the banana(s) the fruit juice, the berries, the yogurt, the sweetened nut milks, and the flavored protein powder and you get some abomination that tricks you into thinking it's healthier.
>>
>>8539262
>divinity: original sin
good taste
>>
>>8540179

So what you're saying is you have never used protein powder. If you did, you would know it blocks you up and that adding a banana or two and a few handfuls of fruit will add some much needed fiber and let you take a shit later. Even if it did have the same sugar content as a milk shake, which it wouldn't btw, you're just an idiot, it would have a hell of a lot more vitamins, neutrinos, protein, and fiber. The only thing it wouldn't have as much of would be fat (and calories)
>>
>>8540188
There are smarter alternatives. Substitute the juice with tea, or berries with kale and broccoli

No one says you have to exclude all sugars, just don't act like your smoothie is healthy because it has 8 servings of fruit.
>>
>>8540212

Ya that's a big pass for me. I eat clean, and the only time I do have something sweet is the fruit in my smoothie. Even my protein powder has no added sugar. The sugar found in fruit isn't as bad in a smoothie as it is when you juice. At least smoothies keep the whole fruit in there. Vegetables taste great as vegetables. They don't taste great when you turn them into some unholy slurry.
>>
>>8540256
You don't really taste the vegetables of your doing it right
It's supposed to be enough for health benefits but not enough to taste
I put kale and spinach in my smoothies since I'm a man hold and hate vegetables
>>
>>8540256
Adding just a little (like 10 leaves) of spinach to a fruit smoothie helps balance out some of the sweetness and acidity to give it a better taste.

>>8540212
>Substitute berries with kale or broccoli
>Implying you should avoid intake of one of the most anti-oxidant rich foods known

The "fruit sugar is bad for you" meme needs to die.
>>
>>8540296
>falling for the anti-oxidant meme
>>
>>8540313
wtf I hate fruit now
>>
>>8539262

half a banana
couple strawberries
couple of blue berries
1/3 cup greek yogus
scoop of chocolate whey

I could straight up live off this shit.
>>
>>8540296

Fruit sugars are bad when the person thinks it's ok to eat fruit instead of vegetables all the time, or drinks fruit juice instead of water. I use unsweetened Greek yogurt to balance everything out. The powdered oatmeal just makes it taste like fruity cheerios anyway...
>>
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup milk
2 scoops protein powder
1 egg
sugar
vanilla extract
peanut butter
>>
>>8539262
They're not that healthy. Just eat the real fruit.
>>
File: 1484270566448.jpg (45KB, 396x494px) Image search: [Google]
1484270566448.jpg
45KB, 396x494px
Smoothie's are roughly 3/7th of my daily diet right now. ingredients normally include chia seeds, cocoa nibs, goji berries, pea protein isolate, SOMETIMES cashews or peanut butter.

today's smoothie: 28g cocoa nibs, 54g pea protein, 30g chia seeds, and 30g goji berry to make a 56g protien, 22g carb, 27g fat, 630 kcal smoothie.

normally I have them much fattier, but i'm playing around with it trying to get my intake to a certain level and macro nutrient balance.
>>
>>8540382
All I'm doing is freezing the fruit and blending them together with some unsweetened green tea
How is eating it plain any better?
>>
>>8540420
When you freeze the food it does change some the enzymes in the food, but that being said, be sure to include something that has dietary fibers in your smoothie such that your bodies insulin response doesn't go crazy from eating all the fruit. It's not that fruit is bad for you, blending the whole thing into the drink is a good first step, but not having it shock your insulin response is part two. Add something with a high amount of dietary fiber in as close to the original form as possible. Chia seeds are my recommendation as they also make the smoothie more thick without adding dairy.
>>
>>8540362
Eating fruit instead of vegetables is stupid, who says you can't have both? That's like saying fat is bad for you because some people choose to get their fat from bacon instead of nuts and avocados. There is no logical connection. I'll agree fruit juice is generally not good for you because it's devoid of fiber and the nutrients that get trapped with the fiber, but this thread is about blending whole fruits.
>>
>>8540420
Maybe because psychologically you're able to "eat" more if it's in liquid form? No idea.

>>8540431
Frozen fruits are generally safe. They aren't blanched like vegetables so they retain a lot more nutrition. So long as they're not over half a year old they're just as good as fresh.
>>
>>8540450
But it's actually less
If I ate it plain i would eat more
But there's more volume in a smoothie and if I don't add dairy or extra stuff it will be the same amount of calories
>>
>>8540446

I'm not sure what your point is. There are lots of people who think fruits and vegetables can mean lots of fruit and no vegetables. This would be wrong. Fruit should be eaten as a sweet treat. Vegetables should be eaten in large quantities daily.
>>
>>8540479
Of course, I 100% agree. "Healthiness" of food isn't a point system where you can just grind by eating 10 apples to hit your healthiness quota for the day. People that think eating fruits exempts them from having veggies are either retarded, or at the very least poorly educated. At the end of the day though eating 4-5 servings of fruits per day is perfectly healthy and has many beneficial aspects. I don't recommend getting your entire day's calories from fruit like the banana meme girl.
>>
>>8540490
theres retards like banana girl who eat 10+ bananas for breakfast

and then theres retards who talk about fruit like its unhealthy because it has sugar and nothing else redeeming about it its just a worthless sugar plant with lots of sugar we shouldnt eat

both people piss me off and are wrong

fruit is healthy in moderation despite the sugar
>>
File: Banana-girl.jpg (75KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
Banana-girl.jpg
75KB, 660x400px
>>8540568
Pick a side, cuck. Moderates are what's wrong with America. I hope sugarphobe man tars and feathers you with molten sugar, while banana girl anally rapes you with ten successive banana insertions.
>>
>>8540720
Why does Freelee have to be so cute?
>>
>>8539262
smoothies are literally the best breakfast with the worst cleanup.
>>
>>8542311
All you have to clean is the blender
And a quick rinse does the trick
>>
>>8542370
i'm so anal about cleaning everything, it will take me 10 minutes..
>>
File: smoothiemaker.jpg (151KB, 362x344px) Image search: [Google]
smoothiemaker.jpg
151KB, 362x344px
>>8539262

I like to distillate my Fruits.
>>
>>8542371
>rinse once with hot water, letting the water pressure hit the solid bits that typically collect at the bottom
>Clean easy to reach parts with soapy sponge, letting the soap suds collect in the bottom
>Add a little hot water
>Blend for a few seconds
>Rinse one final time

If you're really that anal about cleaning a blender just use the steps above which take like a minute.
>>
>>8540188

>it would have a hell of a lot more vitamins, neutrinos, protein, and fiber.
>neutrinos

holy shit, inform CERN
>>
>>8542753
Bananas contain Potassium 40 which emits neutrinos when it decays. His statement wasn't wrong.
>>
>>8540418
you are probably very cute IRL
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.