[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spanish scientists have found a way to artificially accelerate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>Previous research found that ultrasound waves can help extract chemicals from plant tissues.

>Ultrasounds are pressure waves that cause tissues to rupture, releasing bioactive compounds stored within cells at a higher rate.

>The researchers found that after only three days of ultrasound treatment, they produced spirits that were similar to brandies aged for years.

>Eight trained judges, including some of the researchers, deemed the resulting spirits nearly as good as traditional brandies.

>The researchers are now also investigating whether or not ultrasound can help lead to better aged wines.

>“We hope that the results for wines are as good as the results for spirits,” García said.

blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2017/02/03/ultrasound-waves-wine-brandy/#.WJX60Lg8bYW
>>
congrats on your invention.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-12/scientific-ways-make-whiskey-taste-older-faster
>>
That is fucking rad but also props up this idea that I have that in the near future, synthetically grown meat, booze like this, and gmo vegetables will take prominence and that natural foods will became the sole domain of the rich. You already have it with places like whole foods
>>
>>8539042

is there something necessarily wrong with that? I'm anti-rich in every sense of the word, but more plentiful, better quality, sustainable foodstuffs like that are kind of a universal good.

The idea of meat-from-animals being a delicacy for only the hyperrich does sound like sci-fi horror, but the idea of plentiful, nutritious, cheaper food for all is kind of sci-fi utopia.
>>
>>8539042
so what
>>
>>8539042
>oversized populace gets fed
>an entire world of luxuries still exists
I see no problem with this
>>
>>8539042
I look forward to it
>>
File: slide_2.jpg (66KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_2.jpg
66KB, 960x720px
>>8539042
It shouldn't be a problem as long as the ultrasound accelerates all of the processes that take place with aging, and not just the most immediately noticeable.

Otherwise what we'll get is something similar to what we've gotten with a lot of the newer wine technologies like flash detente, reverse osmosis, micro oxygenation, and certain chemicals. That is, the bottom shelf crap goes from being completely repulsive to being merely mediocre, but the good stuff stays expensive if not getting even more expensive due to scarcity and luxury/status appeal and being in a narrow market niche, and suddenly traditionally made stuff that tastes like traditionally made stuff is outside the reach of even an average enthusiast.
>>
>>8540242
Fructose will fuck you over.

So developments like this are not necessarily healthier.
>>
So wine and scotch will go the way of watches where plebs can get their $1 bottle of "aged" muscato while the super rich continue buying the same high quality product they always did but the supply is so low you need personal connections to find it.
>>
>>8540242
>I'm anti-rich in every sense of the word
Every sense?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.