[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell do people use 80/20 ground beef? Even when it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: depressed cow.jpg (15KB, 350x249px) Image search: [Google]
depressed cow.jpg
15KB, 350x249px
Why the hell do people use 80/20 ground beef? Even when it's fresh it smells like beef tallow and poverty. Why did I buy this?
>>
>>8538521
fat tastes good
>>
>>8538521
Because you're too dumb to grind your own.
>>
>>8538521

Because people are plebs who like juicy hamburgers.

Patrician hamburgers are dry like a new sponge and cooked gray all the way through.
>>
>>8538521
Because it's good, faggot. If you don't have fat in your burgers then you're fucking up.
>>
>>8538521
Grind your own, faggot, instead of buying rancid dogfood grade meat from a shit grocery.
>>
>>8538521
Fat is where the taste is. Its why wagyu is so coveted and why everywhere on the planet except America, dark meat chicken cost more than white meat chicken
>>
>>8538521
should use what then 95/5?
>>
>>8538526
>>8538823
point taken, though that is just too much to taste good for me I guess. it's like too much salt or too much sugar.

>>8538582
>>8538820
how do you guys grind yours? I want to know your method specifically. I'll google it too and get other info to develop a method, but I want to know how you do it. I have this dread that it's going to involve owning a deep freeze.
>>
>>8538823
>dark meat chicken cost more than white meat chicken

Shhh, don't draw in attention to this like what happened with ox tails.
>>
>>8538823
>dark meat chicken cost more than white meat chicken
not in the uk
>>
>>8538521
The 20% fat stuff? It is fucking horrid, I always buy the 5% stuff. Bought it once or twice by mistake and you end up with a horrible fatty liquid when you fry it, and the food tastes really oily as well. Never again.
>>
>>8538886
yeah that's what happened to me. I ended up draining all the fat off and then putting the crumbled hamburger in a colander and running hot water over it. that actually improved it a lot. still had some fat but didn't taste/smell like I was eating a tallow candle.
>>
>>8538846
It depends on what you are using the meat for. I like to use the leanest chuck roast I can find and fill in the missing fat I want with lard. Lard tastes better than tallow to me.
If I'm using the meat right away I might also add spices while grinding. I like salt, coarse pepper ,onion powder, and garlic powder for burgers.
>>
>>8538846
>how do you grind your own meat

If you have a Kitchen Aid and are only going to be grinding small amounts, buy the meat grinder attachment. Otherwise, you can pick up a decent one with 1500 watts of power for $50.00 on amazon.

You just cube your meat, chuck gives around 80/20, and put in freezer for an hour so it firms up. It grinds better that way, but if you have a 1200 - 1500 watt machine it's not absolutely necessary. Just make sure it's well chilled in the refrigerator.
>>
>>8538946
>>8538953
cool, thank you for the info.
>>
>>8538521

Fat adds flavor. 80/20 is great for grilling burgers.
>>
>>8538521
80/20 is ideal for meatloaf or grilling. Why do you like dry flavorless beef? Might as well get ground chicken.
>>
>eating beef
>>
>>8538521
Thats the right amount of fat for burgers. 70/30 is best for burgers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.